How much do Americans want to spend on gun control?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I propose that your proposal is stupid

Gun ownership saves more lives that it costs.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded, almost every major study on the issue has found that Americans use their firearms in lawful self-defense between 500,000 and 3 million times a year.

Americans use their firearms in lawful self-defense between 500,000 and 3 million times a year.

Guns save lives.
Keep your mitts of my rights

marke

I propose that your proposal is stupid

Gun ownership saves more lives that it costs.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded, almost every major study on the issue has found that Americans use their firearms in lawful self-defense between 500,000 and 3 million times a year.

Americans use their firearms in lawful self-defense between 500,000 and 3 million times a year.
I once had to pull my gun on a man threatening violence. He was not expecting me to be armed and he immediately quit threatening once he saw my gun. Nobody got hurt and everyone calmly went their way after the incident.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I once had to pull my gun on a man threatening violence. He was not expecting me to be armed and he immediately quit threatening once he saw my gun. Nobody got hurt and everyone calmly went their way after the incident.
And, and this is typical of DGUs, this never was published by a newspaper, and so it never was counted as a DGU. The record is just silent, even though the reality is that you used a gun defensively, a defensive gun use, DGU.

Catholic Crusader apparently thinks I don't know about weapons.

Idolater

... I was listening to NPR interview last week one of the men who worked on recommendations for Connecticut in the wake of the Sandy Hook school massacre. The remarkable thing was that in the almost ten years since Sandy Hook, this interviewee had slowly come to conclude there simply needs to be armed guards in all our schools. He hated to admit it but he truthfully admitted that there needs to be a "good guy with a gun" in every school.
How much would this cost?

Rough numbers.

There are about 100,000 public schools in America. https://nces.ed.gov/FastFacts/display.asp?id=84

So one armed guard total compensation figure 150,000 USD.

150,000 x 100,000 = 15,000,000,000 USD per year to pay them. 15 billion.

Our federal budget is 6,600 billion. 15 billion more is an increase of less than 0.25%

Would Americans want to spend 0.25% more every year to have an armed guard at every public school?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
How much would this cost?

Rough numbers.

There are about 100,000 public schools in America. https://nces.ed.gov/FastFacts/display.asp?id=84

So one armed guard total compensation figure 150,000 USD.

150,000 x 100,000 = 15,000,000,000 USD per year to pay them. 15 billion.

Our federal budget is 6,600 billion. 15 billion more is an increase of less than 0.25%

Would Americans want to spend 0.25% more every year to have an armed guard at every public school?
Why not just train and arm specific administrators? Make it a job qualification for holding the position of assistant principal or principal?

Idolater

Why not just train and arm specific administrators? Make it a job qualification for holding the position of assistant principal or principal?
I just want to put it in distinct terms and estimate added costs, and ask, how about it? :)

ok doser

Last year's death total from fentanyl was 107,000 Americans. Fentanyl that is overwhelmingly smuggled across our open southern border. But nobody on the left is calling to close the border because 107,000 Americans died last year.

It's not about the lives.

ok doser

When I taught in the inner City there were dedicated city policeman on site in their own room. The students came in through metal detectors, there were armed City School district guards at the entrances.

marke

When I taught in the inner City there were dedicated city policeman on site in their own room. The students came in through metal detectors, there were armed City School district guards at the entrances.
Rebels against God had spanking removed from schools, so now we need metal detectors and officers with loaded guns.

Idolater

I would be okay with the cost. I suspect the left would not be okay with an armed guard in every school. Which is pretty ridiculous because we have an armed guard in just about every other government building.
Not to mention surrounding just about every Democratic celebrity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How much do Americans want to spend on gun control?

I'd spend enough to buy myself a gun, and the ammunition for it, and maybe a class or two to learn how to control it better.