How Satan Perverts the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Upon believing the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) the Spirit simultaneously identifies us with Christ's death, burial and resurrection and it does not involve man's hands for it is "by one Spirit" that we are baptized!

Was Jesus baptized in water or was he baptized by one Spirit?

Robert Pate

Banned
What about John who baptized Jesus? Was he baptized in water or by the one Spirit?

John the baptist was a prophet.

He was the first one to associate water baptism with repentance.

When Jesus came to John to be baptized by him John saw that Jesus had no sin to repent of. Jesus insisted that John baptize him to fulfill all righteousness.

There is not much about John the baptist in the New Testament.

beloved57

Would you agree that in Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed? 1 Corinthians 1:30.

You dont believe those scriptures, you teach that millions for whom Christ Justified, redeemed, and sanctified shall wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief ! What Happened ? You cant say they did not believe, because He believed for them when He kept the Law of God for them !

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont believe those scriptures, you teach that millions for whom Christ Justified, redeemed, and sanctified shall wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief ! What Happened ? You cant say they did not believe, because He believed for them when He kept the Law of God for them !

When are you going to explain to us the deal that God and Jesus made with the devil so that there could be a limited atonement?

turbosixx

There's only ONE baptism today. When the Holy Spirit baptizes
the true believer into the Body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:13
states: "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Did Paul do the baptizing or did the Holy Spirit?

Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

turbosixx

The only thing to do is, place your faith in Christ and the Gospel of Grace.

I agree we need to obey the gospel.
2 Thes. 1:7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

What did Jesus say those who believed the gospel were to do to be saved?
Mark. 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Last edited:

turbosixx

He did until he was sent not to.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Are basing your understanding that Paul stopped baptizing on this verse? Looking at this verse and the context does not support that view. Paul said, “Christ sent me not to baptize”. If Jesus didn’t send Paul to baptize, then why did he baptize? If I understand your view of Paul and his mission, this is something that doesn't add up. Why would he baptize a single person?

If we look at the context, Paul is saying his primary purpose is to get people to believe, after that anyone can baptize the believers.

14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!"

beloved57

When are you going to explain to us the deal that God and Jesus made with the devil so that there could be a limited atonement?

You bought up the deal with the devil stuff, so you are responsible to explain it, I have explained the Gospel of limited atonement already!

Robert Pate

Banned
You bought up the deal with the devil stuff, so you are responsible to explain it, I have explained the Gospel of limited atonement already!

You cannot refute an unlimited atonement. There is no scripture to support a limited atonement.

But there are many, many scriptures that support an unlimited atonement, 1 John 2:2 is just one of many.

beloved57

You cannot refute an unlimited atonement. There is no scripture to support a limited atonement.

But there are many, many scriptures that support an unlimited atonement, 1 John 2:2 is just one of many.
All scripture supports limited atonement, you don't believe scripture or understand it!

Robert Pate

Banned
You can read my Threads and posts, I have quoted many! The scripture you just quoted supports limited atonement!

No it doesn't.

Now, you are not only playing stupid, you are acting stupid.

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

It clearly and plainly says... "THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD"

beloved57

No it doesn't.

Now, you are not only playing stupid, you are acting stupid.

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

It clearly and plainly says... "THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD"

Yes it does!