heir

TOL Subscriber
We do everything we can to smell good:
shower
use deodorant
brush our teeth
use mouthwash
use cologne/perfume

Have you ever noticed what comes from your flesh? If you don’t cover it up, it stinks! Everything that comes from our flesh STINKS!

Paul writing about his flesh 25 years after he was saved!

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Paul couldn’t get out of (escape from) his flesh any more than you or I! We’re stuck with our vile body until the Lord changes it!

Paul calls our flesh vile (vile bodies)

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

There’s nothing good smelling about our flesh, but look at who we are in Christ!

2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

2 Corinthians 2:16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

God will use us to manifest the savour of life wherever we go! He has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Preaching the gospel of the grace of God makes us smell good! :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:

I have brought that up in conversations and soon I'm alone !! No, seriously I have said we are nasty creatures. Everything about us is odor producing and turns to filth. we bathe and shower daily, put on "de-odorizers", shampoos, soaps, toothpaste etc. and it only lasts hours. We are disgusting, that's why I love being clean and smelling good. I just had to get that out, now great thread/post !!

So, you're saying there aren't people here who don't go to the bathroom anymore? You spend your life trying to save yourself, hoping for a lower water bill, then this! I'm skeptical, though, suspect that next you'll claim we need to repent and believe the gospel of the Bible. (You're probably like those people who go around saying the Bible means what it says...)

It's always something like this, right about the time you make some progress, like blotting-out Romans 7 from all your Bibles with a black Sharpie. Tell you what, I'm getting to where I'm even losing faith that everything you read on the web is true.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So, you're saying there aren't people here who don't go to the bathroom anymore? You spend your life trying to save yourself, hoping for a lower water bill, then this! I'm skeptical, though, suspect that next you'll claim we need to repent and believe the gospel of the Bible. (You're probably like those people who go around saying the Bible means what it says...)

It's always something like this, right about the time you make some progress, like blotting-out Romans 7 from all your Bibles with a black Sharpie. Tell you what, I'm getting to where I'm even losing faith that everything you read on the web is true.
I'm not sure what it is you think you read in the OP or what it is you are trying to say. Sorry.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

your post makes even less sense than mine !!! :chuckle:

glorydaz

I've been hoping someone would start a thread on this. :)

Which is it?

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.​

Romans 7:14-15
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

The good news. Paul was no longer "wretched", "carnal", and sold under sin.

Romans 8:8
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

I'm not sure what it is you think you read in the OP or what it is you are trying to say. Sorry.

Never mind. I was just joking, thinking of all the holier-than-thou, lose your salvation comments you see on the web, if you're not perfect like me stuff, and this despite some very clear teaching in the likes of Romans 7. Was the humor that obscure?

There's always going to be somebody who nose how to sniff out a smelly thread.

It's your only means of survival, here in the stenches. Besides, there's even some unanimity with the Biblical propositions in the secular world. Wasn't it Descartes who said, "I stink, therefore I am?"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We do everything we can to smell good.

True. Good thread heir -

We are only truly cleansed by the blood of Christ Jesus

here are scripture to support this -

Revelation 1:5 KJV - 1 John 1:7 KJV - John 15:1-3 KJV - Ephesians 5:26 KJV

God's Truth

shower
use deodorant
brush our teeth
use mouthwash
use cologne/perfume

Have you ever noticed what comes from your flesh? If you don’t cover it up, it stinks! Everything that comes from our flesh STINKS!

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Paul couldn’t get out of (escape from) his flesh any more than you or I! We’re stuck with our vile body until the Lord changes it!

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

There’s nothing good smelling about our flesh, but look at who we are in Christ!

2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

2 Corinthians 2:16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

God will use us to manifest the savour of life wherever we go! He has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

You need to get a translation in your English.

Jamie Gigliotti

shower
use deodorant
brush our teeth
use mouthwash
use cologne/perfume

Who rescues us from this body of death of our flesh?
Jesus Christ our Lord!

"For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spiriit is life and peace." Romans 8:3-6

Flesh or Spirit? What do you choose?