I am disgusted!

Mr. 5020

Wamba the Fool said:
For one I was not yelling, no words were capitalized.
Sorry, I misunderstood the use of the bold, italics, and exclamation points.
Wamba the Fool said:
I was stating what is right, telling people to think, just think. God's laws are above ours and sometimes man's law needs to be broken to stay in line with God's laws.
Does the Bible teach a Good Samaritan Law™? In other words, "Thou shalt not murder, and thou must break the law of the land to stop murder at all costs."

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Does the Bible teach a Good Samaritan Law™? In other words, "Thou shalt not murder, and thou must break the law of the land to stop murder at all costs."
That can go under "Love your neighbor" and "Obey God rather than men".

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:

So if the government was going to kill your whole family, and they had some kind ofauthorization you wouldn't take up arms and fight?

logos_x

I'm disgusted, too.
I was taken in by some of the rhetoric being spewed...that Terri Schiavo was in a vegetative state and all that was being accomplished was prolonging her misery and causing undue strain on her husband...etc., etc.,
And it's all bunk.
It is disgusting...because it's all a lie. Terri isn't vegetative, and near as I can see through all the lies, wants to live...in spite of what we have been lead to think.
The "laws" that the President and Governor Bush are so concerned about not violating don't apply. There is no law that applies, other than doing what is right, and that is feeding Terri.

But...the question remains. What can we do, if the courts won't allow anything to be done. Go in with a team of like-minded doctors and kidnap her? That is the only option left if the court order is not issued to replace the feeding tube.

Mr. 5020

logos_x said:
I'm disgusted, too.
I was taken in by some of the rhetoric being spewed...that Terri Schiavo was in a vegetative state and all that was bing acomplished was prolonging her misery and causing undue strain on her husband...etc., etc.,
And it's all bunk.
It is disgusting...because it's all a lie. Terri isn't vegetative, and near as I can see through all the lies, wants to live...in spite of what we have been lead to think.
The "laws" that the Pesident and Govenor Bush are so concerned in not violating don't apply. There is no law that applies, other than doing what is right, and that is feeding Terri.

But...the question remains. What can we do, if the courts won't allow anything to be done. Go in with a team of like-minded doctors and kidnap her? That is the only option left if the court order is not issued to replace the feeding tube.
Exactly. Remember Wamba, I agree with you about how horrible this is. All I asked you is what you thought we should do.

Mr. 5020

Wamba the Fool said:
So if the government was going to kill your whole family, and they had some kind ofauthorization you wouldn't take up arms and fight?
I do not contain the imaginative skills to put myself in that situation.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Exactly. Remember Wamba, I agree with you about how horrible this is. All I asked you is what you thought we should do.

I answered. Feed her. Give her water. It's as simple as that.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:

Pharoah ordered that the midwives kill all male boys in Egypt that were born (Exodus 1:15-22) but they didn't and God was pleased.

Mr. 5020

Poly said:
Pharoah ordered that the midwives kill all male boys in Egypt that were born (Exodus 1:15-22) but they didn't and God was pleased.
True, but it didn't quite answer the question. I asked if there was a Good Samaritan Law™ in the Bible.

Mr. 5020

Wamba the Fool said:
I don't belive so... Doug McBurney for example. He was there for a few hours.
I believe you missed my point. You are telling us that we should do something that cannot be done.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
I think a few people tried that already. They're in jail now.

Most of that was purely symbolic. Imagine if even one hundred Christians just decided to risk it go all at the same time. What would the police do? Shoot them all?

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
True, but it didn't quite answer the question. I asked if there was a Good Samaritan Law™ in the Bible.

I'm not quite sure what you mean... Jesus in the parable was saying love your neighbor. That was in the Bible.