If Comey's allegations are true than Comey is headed to jail

jeffblue101

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/16/gregg-jarrett-comeys-revenge-is-gun-without-powder.html
Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.

Obstruction requires what’s called “specific intent” to interfere with a criminal case. If Comey concluded, however, that Trump’s language was vague, ambiguous or elliptical, then he has no duty under the law to report it because it does not rise to the level of specific intent. Thus, no crime.

There is no evidence Comey ever alerted officials at the Justice Department, as he is duty-bound to do. Surely if he had, that incriminating information would have made its way to the public either by an indictment or, more likely, an investigation that could hardly be kept confidential in the intervening months.

Comey’s memo is being treated as a “smoking gun” only because the media and Democrats, likely prompted by Comey himself, are now peddling it that way.

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/news?ID=84380838-822b-402d-8412-15826e62c1be
I have serious questions about James Comey's credibility in this regard.

18 USC § 4 reads: "Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

This is called misprision of a felony.

Concealing knowledge of a felony and failure to report is, itself, a felony.

First, if the former FBI director was taking notes of meetings where the President had allegedly told him to drop a criminal investigation (i.e., to obstruct justice), then why did Comey wait until now to reveal this? In fact, by keeping his notes private until now, he was concealing them. Right? (That is the first element of misprision -- concealment.)

Second, if Comey did not reveal this information "as soon as possible ... to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States," then that means only one of two things ---

(A) Comey did not think the President had committed any crime, or

(B) Comey was committing a crime, himself, (i.e. misprision of a felony) in order to have something to hold over the President.

On the other hand, if he did, in fact, reveal this to a judge, or to the Attorney General, or to any other person in authority, then by revealing this information to the press, Comey may be impeding an active investigation.

So if these memos actually do exist, this does not look good for Comey. Which makes me wonder if they do, in fact, exist.

If I were Comey, I would certainly lawyer up and plead the 5th if he is called to testify before Congress.

not only is Comey a verified snake that needed to get fired but a complete idiot that has now shot himself in the foot.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
not only is Comey a verified snake that needed to get fired but a complete idiot that has now shot himself in the foot.

Interesting stuff Jeffrey. What is "immediately"? As in former FBI Director James Comey should have immediately picked up a phone and called 911 to report an obstruction of justice by a sitting POTUS?

One has to laugh at republicrats who are more concerned with putting away someone who didn't goosestep to the fuhler's wishes as opposed to putting the lying sociopath wannabe tyrant away.

jeffblue101

Interesting stuff Jeffrey. What is "immediately"? As in former FBI Director James Comey should have immediately picked up a phone and called 911 to report an obstruction of justice by a sitting POTUS?

on Feb 14th the memo was written according to the Times, that's about 3 months worth of time, during that time Comey meet with countless high ranking government officials including U.S. Senators from both sides of the aisle. why only now did he disclose that Trump was allegedly obstructing Justice? there is only one one plausible explanation for Comey's actions which is he is a snake looking to throw a cheap shot at Trump because he got fired.

ClimateSanity

One has to laugh at republicrats who are more concerned with putting away someone who didn't goosestep to the fuhler's wishes as opposed to putting the lying sociopath wannabe tyrant away.
Put him away for what crime????? Not being up to your standard?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

on Feb 14th the memo was written according to the Times, that's about 3 months worth of time, during that time Comey meet with countless high ranking government officials including U.S. Senators from both sides of the aisle. why only now did he disclose that Trump was allegedly obstructing Justice? there is only one one plausible explanation for Comey's actions which is he is a snake looking to throw a cheap shot at Trump because he got fired.

Thanks for responding to my post Jeffrey, it's rare that you do.

So when former FBI Director James Comey met with "countless high ranking government officials including U.S. Senators from both sides of the aisle" is there any chance that he was discussing the fact that the lying sociopathic wannabe tyrant degenerate was attempting to hinder a FBI investigation?

It's takes time to get the wheels of justice turning Jeffrey, and believe me, justice will prevail when it comes Donald Trump's close ties to Russia and former mass murderer/head of the KGB Vladimir Putin.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Put him away for what crime????? Not being up to your standard?

Unlike you, I do have standards when it comes to a POTUS.

Currently it appears that the Degenerate in Chief was attempting to hinder what he knew to be a FBI investigation involving some of his staff/administration and himself.

If the sick degenerate is called to testify before Congress, there will be charges like perjury to add to the list.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

I see rusha is now anti gay!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Comey going to jail is a price I'd pay for removing Trump from the WH. :devil:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Which doesnt answer what i asked you. Do you support her also going to jail?
:idunno: I was ok with the decision to not jail her but I would also have been ok if they had said yes. All I know is she was foolish in how she handled her emails.

musterion

:idunno: I was ok with the decision to not jail her but I would also have been ok if they had said yes. All I know is she was foolish in how she handled her emails.

Should the investigation be reopened and her prosecuted?