If you aren't Catholic, you are not fully Christian

Cruciform

Thank You. Then you would disagree with the OP as stated?
I agree with the OP in that, while fully "Christians," non-Catholics lack the fullness of the Christian faith which resides only in Christ's one historic Catholic Church. Examples of teachings that Christ intends for his disciples to have access to---and that non-Catholics lack---would include such things as the seven sacraments (escpecially the Eucharist), the element of God's Word communicated in the form of Tradition, the doctrinal authority of the Papacy and of the Church's Magisterium, etc.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with the OP in that, while fully "Christians," non-Catholics lack the fullness of the Christian faith which resides only in Christ's one historic Catholic Church. Examples of teachings that Christ intends for his disciples to have access to---and that non-Catholics lack---would include such things as the seven sacraments (escpecially the Eucharist), the element of God's Word communicated in the form of Tradition, the doctrinal authority of the Papacy and of the Church's Magisterium, etc.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Interesting thought, but you either a Christian or your a non-Christian. There is no gray area in between.

Cruciform

Interesting thought, but you either a Christian or your a non-Christian. There is no gray area in between.
Being a Christian is far more than just "gettin' saved," and salvation is something that takes place over one's entire lifetime, and so involves living the whole Christian life. Christ offers various spiritual resources for living as a Christian through his one historic Catholic Church that are simply not available to those outside the Church. In this sense, non-Catholics lack the fullness of the Christian faith that God intends for his children.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Being a Christian is far more than just "gettin' saved," and salvation is something that takes place over one's entire lifetime, and so involves living the whole Christian life. Christ offers various spiritual resources for living as a Christian through his one historic Catholic Church that are simply not available to those outside the Church. In this sense, non-Catholics lack the fullness of the Christian faith that God intends for his children.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
In other words you are saying that only the Catholic Church is capable to show one how to live the Christian life. I totally disagree with you. I study the the word daily, am involved in small group study and am pursuing a certificate in Christian Theology. There are other avenues available in which to walk out your salvation aside from the auspices of the Catholic Church.

OCTOBER23

CRUCIFORM said,

"properly baptized (Catechism, "
----------------------------------------

Baby Baptism is not valid Cruciform.

Cruciform

In other words you are saying that only the Catholic Church is capable to show one how to live the Christian life.
Only the Catholic Church---being that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---teaches the Christian faith in its fullness, yes.

I totally disagree with you.
Of course you do, since that is what you've been taught by your chosen recently-invented, man-made Protestant sect. Unfortunately---given that your preferred man-made sect is decidedly not that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---neither does its opinions carry any binding doctrinal authority whatsoever. Your sect teaches nothing more than the mere opinions (traditions) of men.

I study the the word daily, am involved in small group study and am pursuing a certificate in Christian Theology.
So is my Mormon friend, as well as my Pentecostal friend. Is it your claim, then, that my friends are both guaranteed to interpret the Bible infallibly and formulate binding Christian doctrine with absolute certainty? :think:

There are other avenues available in which to walk out your salvation aside from the auspices of the Catholic Church.
And yet in none of them can you find the fullness of the Christian faith which resides only in that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, which is the very point at issue in this thread.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

And that is only the beginning.
Again, only according to the opinions of your entirely non-authoritative, recently-invented man-made non-Catholic sect, whose opinions carry no binding authority over believers whatsoever.

Note also that even many of your fellow Protestant brethren believe and teach the Christian doctrine of Infant Baptism.

OCTOBER23

Only the Catholic Church---being that one historic Church founded by CONSTANTINE himself
---teaches the ROMAN faith in its fullness, yes.

Note also that even many Protestant brethren believe
and teach the Christian doctrine of Infant Baptism.

SCRIPTURE ???????????
=====================================

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:rotfl::rotfl:

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do Catholics lack the fullness of the Christian faith? Or are Catholics perfect Christians?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you aren't Catholic, you are not fully Christian.

Being a Christian is like being alive. You either are, or you aren't.

Accusing people of "not being fully Christian" shows that you do not understand what Christianity is.

HisServant

...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

I have just as much authority as you claim to have.

When will you get it through your head that authority is only given to someone through voluntary submission.

You have doing nothing more than delegated the authority that god gave you to some dudes in the Vatican that are most likely gay and also love to molest children.

Forgoing you personal duty to God by being ignorant and trying to point to others as being responsible for you when you stand at the judgement seat is not going to get you anywhere.... God will not know you and tell you to be gone... because you never tried to know him at all.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Only the Catholic Church---being that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself...

The word "church" is the Greek ecclesia meaning called out ones, which are those Christ called out of Egypt.

The Catholic group promotes the Egyptian religion. The pope is pharoah and God says to him let my firstborn go.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
yeh, the Catholic Church used to teach this kind of thing, but the Catholics are about as liberal these days as... anyone else

what a shame. :(

But nevertheless, the Catholic Church still stands. As a priest once said to Napoleon after N threatened to destroy the Church, "If Catholics have not managed to destroy it, what makes you think you can?"

anyway, i have other thngs to say about all this but... later

:)

That was really funny LoL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
BE NICE TO CRUCIFORM

HE DOES NOT KNOW THAT HE HAS BEEN DECEIVED BY THE DEVIL.

A Christian is Merciful to those who are out of The Way.

What about you and your fake prophesies? You do realize you're
a false prophet, correct? You may ask why? My answer would be,
your prophesies don't come to fruition.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Only the Catholic Church---being that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---teaches the Christian faith in its fullness, yes.

[/QUOTE]

That is absurd. It's best if you rethink that ridiculous assumption Cruciform.