If you aren't Catholic, you are not fully Christian

oatmeal

yeh, the Catholic Church used to teach this kind of thing, but the Catholics are about as liberal these days as... anyone else

what a shame. :(

But nevertheless, the Catholic Church still stands. As a priest once said to Napoleon after N threatened to destroy the Church, "If Catholics have not managed to destroy it, what makes you think you can?"

anyway, i have other thngs to say about all this but... later

:)

So would we be

a. 50 % Christian

b. 75%

c. 99%

Funny how many times, if you ask an RC, "are you a Christian?" and they reply, "no, I am Catholic"

Maybe you should figure out if you are a Christian or a Roman Catholic.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Being a Christian is far more than just "gettin' saved," and salvation is something that takes place over one's entire lifetime, and so involves living the whole Christian life. Christ offers various spiritual resources for living as a Christian through his one historic Catholic Church that are simply not available to those outside the Church. In this sense, non-Catholics lack the fullness of the Christian faith that God intends for his children.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The Catholic Church is a whole lot of bang with no real extra result. This 'fullness' you speak of is imaginary.

lighthouse99

The Catholic Church is a whole lot of bang with no real extra result. This 'fullness' you speak of is imaginary.

i dont listen to those who have never truly experienced CAtholicism. They are ignorant

many catholics have spent time in protestant churches. it is hardly EVER the other way around

lighthouse99

So would we be

a. 50 % Christian

b. 75%

c. 99%

Funny how many times, if you ask an RC, "are you a Christian?" and they reply, "no, I am Catholic"

Maybe you should figure out if you are a Christian or a Roman Catholic.
Y do people listen to the uneducated Catholics rathe than the informed ones?

lighthouse99

In other words you are saying that only the Catholic Church is capable to show one how to live the Christian life. h.

protestants have something to offer the worldwide Church

But most protestants would rather die and go to that fiery place below b4 admitting the Catholic Church has smething protestant churches do not

Cruciform

Do Catholics lack the fullness of the Christian faith?
The Catholic Church possesses the fullness of the Christian faith. Individual Catholics are at various levels of maturity as believers, but they are blessed to have access to the spiritual resources available in the Catholic Church, within which resides the Christian faith in its fullness.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
protestants have something to offer the worldwide Church

But most protestants would rather die and go to that fiery place below b4 admitting the Catholic Church has smething protestant churches do not

You have Mary worship, purgatory, and praying to Icons to name a few.

Cruciform

I have just as much authority as you claim to have.
I don't claim to have any authority whatsoever. Rather, it is Christ's one historic Church which possesses the very authority of Jesus Christ himself to guide and teach his Church. Your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect certainly can make no such claim, let alone demonstrate it.

The rest of your post is as irrational as it is bigoted, and deserves no further reply.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

The word "church" is the Greek ecclesia meaning called out ones, which are those Christ called out of Egypt. The Catholic group promotes the Egyptian religion. The pope is pharoah and God says to him let my firstborn go.
The entirely non-authoritative opinions that you've been fed by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted. :yawn:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

I've never seen a coffee pot in a catholic church, and that is blasphemy.
:chuckle:

You all make a man a substitute for Christ, and make God some mystery that only these men can summon and speak for. That is blasphemy.