If you aren't Catholic, you are not fully Christian

Christian Liberty

Honestly, I'm ashamed that no Protestant here has actually attempted to make a real argument... and pretty much all of you have made only stupid arguments. If I wasn't aware of intelligent magisterial protestantism I'd be tempted to convert just because of how stupid Protestants on this thread are.

Is Nang still around here? Ask Mr. Religion? Any serious Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed Baptists, or Anglicans?

*sigh*

I wish I had time to dissect all of this right now... I really don't but seriously when the smartest person on a thread is a papist you know something is wrong...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
This is something that peeves me with Catholics-

They have made a claim that a person outside the Catholic Church is 'half Christian'. The RCC even said that a Protestant is merely halfway in the door.

The problem there is that there is no such thing as a 'half Christian'. Jesus leaves no room for it. He states 'If you are not with me, you are against me'.

So it seems to me like Catholics are just making things up. Plain and simple- they've made a sentiment that is in and of itself against the Scriptures.

Business as usual I suppose for them though :rolleyes:

glassjester

This is something that peeves me with Catholics-

They have made a claim that a person outside the Catholic Church is 'half Christian'. The RCC even said that a Protestant is merely halfway in the door.

The problem there is that there is no such thing as a 'half Christian'. Jesus leaves no room for it. He states 'If you are not with me, you are against me'.

So it seems to me like Catholics are just making things up. Plain and simple- they've made a sentiment that is in and of itself against the Scriptures.

Business as usual I suppose for them though :rolleyes:

Is there a particular protestant denomination that God would prefer that all Christians belonged to?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is there a particular protestant denomination that God would prefer that all Christians belonged to?

All God wants is people to seek Him. The Crucifixion of Christ is the bridge for those souls He desires to come forward. Correct theology or church is not a requirement of salvation. God is not going to be like "Oh, you're Protestant? (or Catholic?)", and shoot you down the shaft.

Christian Liberty

Yes the early church (as Jerome points out, I will find the quote later) was initiallly Presbyterian.

Unfortunately pretty much all of real Christianity is splintered these days but I would recommend a solid Bible-believing Presbyterian church.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Yes the early church (as Jerome points out, I will find the quote later) was initiallly Presbyterian.

Unfortunately pretty much all of real Christianity is splintered these days but I would recommend a solid Bible-believing Presbyterian church.

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, Presbyterians didn't adopt Calvinistic beliefs until Calvinism arose. Pretty important to take note of nonetheless.
It's interesting that they are of the early church and went with proper, Reformed doctrine.

Also, Donald Trump is Presbyterian :D

Christian Liberty

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, Presbyterians didn't adopt Calvinistic beliefs until Calvinism arose. Pretty important to take note of nonetheless.

Eh.... duh? ;)

I do think Calvinistic predestination is older than Calvin. It would be really obvious to say I believe the apostles held to it, but I'm fairly confident elements of it were present in Augustine as well. Did he have the entire system as modernly systemized? I doubt it, but that doesn't change the fact that the principle was there.

Truth is discovered over time as well. You go to the most Biblical church available. Right now that would be a conservative Presbyterian denomination. In earlier church history it would have been the "catholic" church, which wasn't nearly as off as the modern Romanist church is, though I think modern Reformed Christianity is purer.

[/QUOTE]
Also, Donald Trump is Presbyterian :D[/QUOTE]

lol. Donald Trump is a theological liberal and would have been thrown out of any decent church long ago. I'm pretty sure he's RCA, which I'm pretty sure is similar to PCUSA. When I say "Solid Presbyterian" I'm talking at least PCA, though OPC or RPCNA I would consider more preferable in most cases (from what I've heard PCA is more "big tent" and evangelical than the other conservative denominations.)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Honestly, I'm ashamed that no Protestant here has actually attempted to make a real argument... and pretty much all of you have made only stupid arguments. If I wasn't aware of intelligent magisterial protestantism I'd be tempted to convert just because of how stupid Protestants on this thread are.

Is Nang still around here? Ask Mr. Religion? Any serious Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed Baptists, or Anglicans?

*sigh*

I wish I had time to dissect all of this right now... I really don't but seriously when the smartest person on a thread is a papist you know something is wrong...

dude - all us dumb people have just been hoping and praying for a brilliant guy like you to come along and show us how it's done

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sure we do. But that wasn't your claim, was it.

You're asking an idol to pray for you.

Try this

Hebrews 7:25-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;

27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Romans 8:24-34 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

glassjester

And so would you say the Presbyterian Church is the Church Christ founded? And it therefore does not teach any error?

In other words - are the teachings of the Presbyterian Church all true?