I'm Sorry.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Where is that verse? :think:
It’s in the Lord’s Prayer, for gosh sakes! There are slightly different versions between Luke and Matthew.

Jesus considered forgiveness reciprocal.

I am still often astonished at the lack of biblical literacy among many mainline Christians. The prayer was one of the first things I learned in Sunday school.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It’s in the Lord’s Prayer, for gosh sakes! There are slightly different versions between Luke and Matthew.

I am still often astonished at the lack of biblical literacy among many mainline Christians. The prayer was one of the first things I learned in Sunday school.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written to and for the
House of Israel. Are you a Hebrew living at that time in
Biblical history?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written to and for the
House of Israel. Are you a Hebrew living at that time in
Biblical history?
No, no one alive was.

But you already knew that.

We can only read, study and try to understand the cultural, political and religious studies of what life was like in the first century for Jews under the boot of Caesar.

You are correct, I believe, in your point that Jesus’s message was to the House of Israel. He did not care much for the Gentiles. He referred to them as “dogs” and did not think much of their praying style.

Paul in the 50s was the one who preached the gospel “to the nations.”

If you read the New Testament carefully, you will see that the gospel writers added an outreach to people who were not Jews.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, no one alive was.

We can only read, study and try to understand the cultural, political and religious studies of what life was like in the first century for Jews under the boot of Caesar.

You are correct, I believe, in your point that Jesus’s message was to the House of Israel. He did not care much for the Gentiles. He referred to them as “dogs” and did not think much of their praying style.

If you read the New Testament carefully, you will see that the gospel writers added an outreach to people who were not Jews.

You missed my point. Matthew through John were written to Hebrews.
That's why I asked you if you were a Hebrew. Now do you get it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, no one alive was.

Paul was sent to the Gentiles with the Grace Message. Read Romans
through Philemon.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
tumblr_liwpsh41z91qf6ml9.gif
I would rather see the chicken in panic as being headless.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You missed my point. Matthew through John were written to Hebrews.
That's why I asked you if you were a Hebrew. Now do you get it?
I agree.

Jesus and the gospel writers were Jews. The word “Christian” had not been developed yet.

The gospel writers told their stories from within their own Jewishness and their own different agendas.

We now know that Judaism at that time was incredibly diverse. And historians have traced the different and contradictory theologies and traditions throughout the New Testament.

glorydaz

Is that why you play fast and lose with it? :chuckle:

Just post the verse and compare it to what you said. Is that asking too much?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, i did it. I sent negative reps. As a matter of fact, i sent several. It was because i thought someone was just being mean for no reason. At the time, i was delighted to find out how to get this person back by sending neg reps.

Now i'm sorry i sent them. I wish i could take them back.

I only neg rep those that I love! :noid:

glorydaz

The world (and TOL) would be a better place if people would be as accountable and contrite as you have been here.

Jesus has the answer: forgive yourself and then you can effectively forgive others.

Post it, im still not seeing what you said as being there, and i pray it daily.

Matt. 6:9-13
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.​

Luke 11:2-4
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.​

Okay, he's astonished that we can't see where it talks about us forgiving ourselves. Unless, you can see it, Angel, can you? :chew:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Matt. 6:9-13
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.​

Luke 11:2-4
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.​

Okay, he's astonished that we can't see where it talks about us forgiving ourselves. Unless, you can see it, Angel, can you? :chew:

Nope, still not seeing it and know of no version that says what he claimed.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree.

Jesus and the gospel writers were Jews. The word “Christian” had not been developed yet.

The gospel writers told their stories from within their own Jewishness and their own different agendas.

We now know that Judaism at that time was incredibly diverse. And historians have traced the different and contradictory theologies and traditions throughout the New Testament.

So, you believe there are contradictions in the Bible?