Insults???

glorydaz

It's sickening that you combine scripture with your sick twisted insults and compare your behavior as a rod for the fool's back, like you are the righteous judge.

Proverbs 26:2 KJV -

Why are you following me around? Must I get a stalking order?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It's sickening that you combine scripture with your sick twisted insults and compare your behavior as a rod for the fool's back, like you are the righteous judge.

Proverbs 26:2 KJV -

That's right.

We dont get to run the children through the fire.

That's God's job.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why is it that so many on here find it necessary to resort to personal insults, does it mean that we allow the old nature to rule us when we should know better?

God cares about what you say and how you say it (Eph 4:29, Mt 12:35, Col 3:8, 4:6).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Proverbs 26:3-5

A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ***, and a rod for the fool’s back [Prov. 26:3].

"That is a good one. The horse and the *** can be trained. They will respond. The only thing a fool will respond to is real discipline."

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit [Prov. 26:4–5].

"When I was a boy, our town atheist enjoyed pointing out contradictions in the Bible. This was one that he used. My friend, there is no contradiction here at all. These two proverbs simply set before us two possible lines of conduct in response to a fool.

I get many letters from many kinds of people. I answer some of the letters, and some of the letters I do not answer. I must make a decision about them. I conclude that some of the letters I get come from fools. If I were to answer such a letter according to its folly, I would make myself a fool. If you lay yourself wide open to a fool, you are a fool yourself.

I had this experience recently. I received a letter from a brilliant man who had some impressions about me that were entirely wrong. I thought I should try to correct him and tell him the truth, so I responded according to verse 5. I answered his letter. Then I received a letter back from him, and I have never seen such a foolish letter. It made me feel like a fool for having written to him in the first place. I do not intend to answer his second letter. I am using verse 4 for my decision. So you see, there are two lines of conduct set before us, and we need to determine whether we should respond or should not respond." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: Poetry (Proverbs) (electronic ed., Vol. 20, pp. 219–220). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

pennywise-the-dancing-sewer-clown-tim-curry-dantania-blogspot-com.jpeg

glorydaz

A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ***, and a rod for the fool’s back [Prov. 26:3].

"That is a good one. The horse and the *** can be trained. They will respond. The only thing a fool will respond to is real discipline."

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit [Prov. 26:4–5].

"When I was a boy, our town atheist enjoyed pointing out contradictions in the Bible. This was one that he used. My friend, there is no contradiction here at all. These two proverbs simply set before us two possible lines of conduct in response to a fool.

I get many letters from many kinds of people. I answer some of the letters, and some of the letters I do not answer. I must make a decision about them. I conclude that some of the letters I get come from fools. If I were to answer such a letter according to its folly, I would make myself a fool. If you lay yourself wide open to a fool, you are a fool yourself.

I had this experience recently. I received a letter from a brilliant man who had some impressions about me that were entirely wrong. I thought I should try to correct him and tell him the truth, so I responded according to verse 5. I answered his letter. Then I received a letter back from him, and I have never seen such a foolish letter. It made me feel like a fool for having written to him in the first place. I do not intend to answer his second letter. I am using verse 4 for my decision. So you see, there are two lines of conduct set before us, and we need to determine whether we should respond or should not respond." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: Poetry (Proverbs) (electronic ed., Vol. 20, pp. 219–220). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Yep, or you can use the whip (open rebuke) and hope he learns from it. The rod of correction does still work on those willing (and even reluctant) to learn. I've seen it work....there is always hope, even for a fool, although not always pleasant to watch from the sidelines. :)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, or you can use the whip (open rebuke) and hope he learns from it. The rod of correction does still work on those willing (and even reluctant) to learn. I've seen it work....there is always hope, even for a fool, although not always pleasant to watch from the sidelines. :)

You and Gros seem to think you are really something special.

Such pride will destroy even what you have been given.

(watch this)

LA

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Certain times call for mocking and insults. Jesus was very insulting at times. I don't want to wear my "WWJD" bracelet hypocritically.

I also like to wear my "WWJW" bracelet.... "Who would Jesus whip?"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Certain times call for mocking and insults. Jesus was very insulting at times. I don't want to wear my "WWJD" bracelet hypocritically.

I also like to wear my "WWJW" bracelet.... "Who would Jesus whip?"
:thumb:

Ecclesiastes 3 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.