Insults???

Buzzword

The responses on thread are just sad.

Kind of makes me wish Jesus had said something about this.
Oh wait.
He did.

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell."
-Matthew 5:21-22

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
-Matthew 7:12

Well, Paul should have said something, too!
Oh wait...

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
-Ephesians 4:29

Uh, well, if it was a really big deal one of the original Twelve would have said something, right?
Oh...

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."
-James 3:9-12

And just in case the point hasn't been clearly addressed, here are a few other words of wisdom on the subject:

Adam Hamilton said:
Does the Lord give us an exemption from practicing the Scriptures when it comes to our political leaders, those who hold office, and others with whom we disagree? Are we allowed to lay aside the Golden Rule? Do James’ and Paul’s and Jesus’ words regarding our speech and our enemies no longer apply when discussing those with whom we disagree politically? As James says, "This should not be so!"

In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard). When you find Christians who speak ill of others, who tell half-truths, who resort to name-calling, remember the words of Jesus and the apostles and ask if this person reflects the life Christ calls us to. The most important time to ask that question is the next time you prepare to hit the ENTER key when you are saying of another "You fool!" or let loose your own "unwholesome talk.”

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The responses on thread are just sad.

Kind of makes me wish Jesus had said something about this.
Oh wait.
He did.

Well, Paul should have said something, too!
Oh wait...

Uh, well, if it was a really big deal one of the original Twelve would have said something, right?
Oh...

Interesting how you use this sarcasm to mock those who don't agree with you. That's not very loving. (Jesus also had something to say about hypocrites. You might want to check in to that.)

Isaiah 8:14 Jesus was recorded as the "Rock of Offense."

Psalm 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart there is no God.

Psalm 58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance. He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

Proverbs 1:26 I also laugh at your calamity. I will mock you when your terror comes.

Proverbs 11:20 Those who are of a perverse heart are an abomination to the Lord.

Good thing we have Jesus as an example of always being nice...

Jesus uses the word hypocrite at least 23 times in the New Testament.

Matt. 10:22 And you shall be hated of all men for my namesake.

Matt 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father and the daughter against her mother and the daughter against her mother-in-law

Matt. 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Matt. 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Matt 15:7-8 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophecy of you saying, 'This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Matt. 15:12-14 Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Luke 11:39 Now do you Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter, but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.

Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, "Go ye and tell that fox Behold I cast out devils and I do cures today and tomorrow and the third day I shall be perfected.

John 15:18 If the world hate you ye know that it hated me fore it hated you

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own.

1 Peter 2:8 Jesus also recorded as the "Rock of Offense"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Why is it that so many on here find it necessary to resort to personal insults, does it mean that we allow the old nature to rule us when we should know better?

it looks like you are implying that the "so many" who resort to personal insults are allowing their old nature to rule them

aren't you afraid that they might find that insulting?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can't seem to get anything right, can ya? :nono:

All LA says is, "Watch this?" Maybe it's an invisible prediction?

Satan gives his servants many things like those to say.

Luk 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Satan gives his servants many things like those to say.

Luk 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

LA

Any predictions today?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
LA likes to make "destructive" predictions about posters she
doesn't like. Such as, they'll be beheaded, burned up, and
shot with arrows. Those are the ones I read anyway.

OCTOBER23

Then why do people on this forum call others here IDIOTS ?

Is that the Christian Way of behaving when the Bible says to Love the Brethren?

revpete

You don't see it? :think:

It's the motivation that's important. I asked the question because I see discussion degenerate into arguments and then into slanging matches all too often on here. Aren't we supposed to be Christians and be patient with those who disagree with us, or maybe that's asking too much? 😛

Pete 👤

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Watch what you say to LA. She'll make up a prediction about your untimely demise.

Sheesh, that's all you talk about. One thing happens and you never shut up about it, blowing things out of proportion and exaggerating non-stop; you're a broken record - (stupid voice) "She'll make up a prediction". Come up with new and better things grosnitch

glorydaz

Sheesh, that's all you talk about. One thing happens and you never shut up about it, blowing things out of proportion and exaggerating non-stop; you're a broken record - (stupid voice) "She'll make up a prediction". Come up with new and better things grosnitch

yeah we heard the first 3,886 times.

Now PJ has focused on GM. Two posts, so far, to respond to one of GM's. Now that is another obsession in the making. I knew a guy on meth who would sit out in the lawn for hours cutting it with a pair of scissors. :think:

glorydaz

It's the motivation that's important. I asked the question because I see discussion degenerate into arguments and then into slanging matches all too often on here. Aren't we supposed to be Christians and be patient with those who disagree with us, or maybe that's asking too much? ��

Pete ��

I've been to many a Bible study, where we were all Christians, and we never had a problem discussing anything. This is more like a village where wolves come in dressed in sheep's clothing. It may not be pleasant to watch a villager exposing a wolf and smacking him with a big stick, but it's got to be done.