IS ALL SIN FORGIVEN ?

DougE

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This verse declares we have forgiveness for ALL sin, not as some say, only for sins we confess, and repent of.

Bradley D

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come" (Matthew 12:32).

I see speaking against the Holy Spirit as rejecting the Word and God.

ttruscott

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come" (Matthew 12:32).

This is the only sin that forces GOD to condemn one of HIS creation to eternal banishment to the outer darkness... Colossians 2:13 is not speaking of these people nor this sin....

God's Truth

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This verse declares we have forgiveness for ALL sin, not as some say, only for sins we confess, and repent of.

Well we have to know what we do that are sins, and we have to repent of them.

DougE

Yes, but this was for Israel who were warned against rejecting the Spirit in the new covenant (Ezekiel 36:24-28)

DougE

This is the only sin that forces GOD to condemn one of HIS creation to eternal banishment to the outer darkness... Colossians 2:13 is not speaking of these people nor this sin....

Yes, but this was for Israel who were warned against rejecting the Spirit in the new covenant (Ezekiel 36:24-28)

We have to have faith in Christ and his redemption

God's Truth

You are right, Right divider, We know from scripture that even Israel sinned ignorantly (Numbers 15:28) and James said if we don"t do good we sin its not just what we do (James 4:17). No way we can confess every sin.

Do you believe we should confess and repent of the sins that we do know we do?

God's Truth

When I was searching for God's Truth, I searched for Him through the religions and denominations of the world. I considered my Catholic upbringing, and also discussed with the JW's who came to my door, studied with them to the point just before their wanting me to get baptized in their congregation. I studied also with the Mormons. Listened to preachers on TV, went to numerous churches from many different denominations, from Baptist, Pentecostal, Four Square, Word of Faith, and studied many others, like those that are taught from Calvin and Luther.
The way I found God's Truth was to get the Bible and start doing what Jesus said to do.
Start from the beginning of what Jesus says to do. He starts by saying to repent of your sins.
I had to admit I was a sinner then had to look at my life where I was and if I was doing any sin, then I looked back on my life and saw all my sins, and instead of making excuses for my sins, I admitted them and repented of each of them.

God's Truth

AGAIN, with your MISDIRECTION.

YOU do NOT know every sin that you've ever committed. That is GOD's territory.

You better know what sins are and which ones you do.

Paul says to forget the sins you used to do and repented of doing. You say, " I don't know my sins."

Philippians 3:13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus.

God's Truth

ONCE AGAIN... you MINIMIZE sin. You do not even know ALL of your sins. ONLY GOD know that.

Nowhere anywhere does the Bible say we don't have to repent of our sins and to name them, NOWHERE.

Remember when John the baptizer said they had to prove their repentance by what they do. That is proof that people have to repent of their sins and know what they are.