Is Biological Sex Real?

glassjester

Tambora's thread about biology vs. feelings opened up a whole new can of worms.

Several good points in this video.

"I'm not going to modify basic biology because it threatens your subjective sense of what you are."
(In other words, don't tell me I must pretend you are something you are not just to satisfy your "feelings". "Feelings" do not trump truth.)

The overall gist of the opposition to the OP seems to be the claim that no one is objectively male or female. Biologically, no one is a man or a woman.

This, if true, is certainly news to me.
I suspect this would be news, too, to biologists.

So is this true? Does biological sex not exist, objectively?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
libs/leftists/democrats are trying to blur the lines, so that anybody can claim to be anything and thus, can demand accommodations for whatever they choose

glassjester

libs/leftists/democrats are trying to blur the lines, so that anybody can claim to be anything and thus, can demand accommodations for whatever they choose

In that case... I feel like a 65-year-old inside. Can I get some social security money now?

glassjester

Sex? That is behavior. Do you mean gender?

Sex is not only behavior, dude.

You never checked a box on a form, asking which sex you were?
Never heard of the two sexes?
Never heard of sexism?
Never heard women called "the fairer sex" ?

quip

BANNED
Banned

While righties are pathetically, once again attempting to build another impermeable wall between "them and other" for the purposes of self-righteous segregation, hate and bigotry.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Tambora's thread about biology vs. feelings opened up a whole new can of worms.

The overall gist of the opposition to the OP seems to be the claim that no one is objectively male or female. Biologically, no one is a man or a woman.

This, if true, is certainly news to me.
I suspect this would be news, too, to biologists.

So is this true? Does biological sex not exist, objectively?
I believe the point isn't that sex doesn't exist, it's that gender isn't identical with sex.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In that case... I feel like a 65-year-old inside. Can I get some social security money now?
HA!

That was one of the points Shapiro brought up in the video I posted.
He asked why someone couldn't claim they should be viewed as, and treated as a 60 year old even though they were only 20.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe the point isn't that sex doesn't exist, it's that gender isn't identical with sex.
Then why does anyone want to have their sex changed through surgery, chemicals, and implants?

quip

BANNED
Banned

Well, it seems jester is desperately trying to find an objective means to be "right" and thus place moral blame upon any other at variance with his absolute objective standard.

It's like stating that there must objectively exist a precise color of blue for everyone even though some people are colorblind.

The problem here is that, much like the color blue, sexual orientation is a unique experience to each individual. Our collective experiences bring about any form of "objectivity" to the issue...even though the multitude of those experiences inevitably vary on the particulars.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, it seems jester is desperately trying to find an objective means to be "right" and thus place moral blame upon any other at variance with his absolute objective standard.
Moral blame?
Morality doesn't even have to enter the debate of whether one should be viewed as male or female, or whether one to be viewed as a dog or a cat.