Is Biological Sex Real?

glassjester

Yes. That's why I stated you cant divorce feelings from fact so easily. Now by what feeling are you disqualifying the feelings of trangenders with their fight for acceptance and equality?

I disqualify the opinion of anyone who thinks I must believe what they believe, without any objective reason to do so.

Don't you?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I disqualify the opinion of anyone who thinks I must believe what they believe, without any objective reason to do so.

Don't you?

You don't have to, just respect their right to differ. That may require compromise at times.
Are you willing to do so?

glassjester

You don't have to, just respect their right to differ.

Of course. Transgender people have the right to believe anything they want. But it's silly to expect others to play along. It's even more ridiculous to expect laws to be made that force others to play along.

That may require compromise at times.
Are you willing to do so?

Compromise on what, exactly?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They changed 'sacred' to 'self-evident' at the last minute, and not as a bout of accuracy but as a deterrent to a religious based interpretation. Otherwise, they had no qualms inserting 'God' everywhere else which means by extension that there are pieces of their literature in fact more arbitrary than by reason.

At the same time, the true intent cannot be seen in scrutinizing the texts, bu by the spirit in which they were written-
and so when they are 'reinterpreted', people tend to just make legal fictions out of them.

People also tend to do this with biblical scripture- the more something is venerated or given precedence, the less reliable public opinion becomes and by extension the authorities they allow to interpret them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If you pay me 250 bucks a month, I'll diagnose you a delusional millionaire. Then, you might be able to take that diagnosis to Warren Buffet and perhaps he will cure you by giving you one million dollars when he dies. :)

if you diagnose me a delusional millionaire, i'll demand that the government address my disorder - either by providing me with a million dollars, or by providing me with the lifestyle that i expect as a millionaire

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sex is not only behavior, dude.

It is. Putting "sex" on a something in place of gender is evil and wicked and used to redefine the word so there can be more than male and female, and to promote evil behavior. There is also no man made global warming, no matter how many times it is declared to be so by liberals.

glassjester

It is. Putting "sex" on a something in place of gender is evil and wicked and used to redefine the word so there can be more than male and female, and to promote evil behavior. There is also no man made global warming, no matter how many times it is declared to be so by liberals.

Actually, I think pretending that a person's "gender" is something other than their biological sex is wicked.

The two are synonymous. I find it hard to believe that you really never knew that there are two sexes - male and female.

I think you're just trying to argue a point.

musterion

Saw a headline today that a man and woman were refused the right to a civil union (I believe it was) in the U.K. Someone in the comments pointed out all they had to do is one of them claim to be the opposite sex and they'd have been approved with no problem.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Bible never once sanctifies sex for any other purpose than procreation.
Augustine states that a person who truly enjoys the fruits of the Spirit ought not even have such an inclination to sex.

It's funny how we went from such conservative notions to the sexual liberty of today- and the obsessive defense of it therein.

glassjester

The Bible never once sanctifies sex for any other purpose than procreation.
Augustine states that a person who truly enjoys the fruits of the Spirit ought not even have such an inclination to sex.

It's funny how we went from such conservative notions to the sexual liberty of today- and the obsessive defense of it therein.

Do you believe that when people are born, they are either biologically male, or biologically female?

Many here have espoused the idea that there is no real male and female; that we're all somewhere along a "sexual spectrum."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that when people are born, they are either biologically male, or biologically female?

Many here have espoused the idea that there is no real male and female; that we're all somewhere along a "sexual spectrum."

Everybody, except in circumstances so extremely rare they may as well not even be brought up, have an assigned sex and matching gender from birth.

The whole 'woman born in a mans body' is fictitious- it's the atheist's own bit of magical thinking out of their rebellion against God and the natural world He intended.

They've decided to be dishonest with the science they otherwise worship.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, it seems jester is desperately trying to find an objective means to be "right" and thus place moral blame upon any other at variance with his absolute objective standard.

It's like stating that there must objectively exist a precise color of blue for everyone even though some people are colorblind.

The problem here is that, much like the color blue, sexual orientation is a unique experience to each individual. Our collective experiences bring about any form of "objectivity" to the issue...even though the multitude of those experiences inevitably vary on the particulars.
The problem is Darwinists, who want biological disorders to justify perversion.

If you were consistent, you would take the range of disorders that can produce biologies other than XX and XY and list those as the sexes.

But you don't want that; you want anything goes.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app