Is it possible for society to retrovert into an ecologically sound society?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this to be a disscusion and not an attack of characters:eek: , check your attitude at the door and don't forget to take a number.

The question of the day is.... Can human society live in a way that it is not slowly destroying itself? Can we live in a way that we do not slowly destroy the ecosystem around us:execute:, Now I'm not a tree hugger, repeat NOT a tree hugger, but I do enjoy the thought of breathing clean are and eating food that is not closley comparable to poison.

Remember the question is, "Can we live in a way that we do not slowly kill ourselves?"

jesuspal

I want this to be a disscusion and not an attack of characters:eek: , check your attitude at the door and don't forget to take a number.

The question of the day is.... Can human society live in a way that it is not slowly destroying itself? Can we live in a way that we do not slowly destroy the ecosystem around us:execute:, Now I'm not a tree hugger, repeat NOT a tree hugger, but I do enjoy the thought of breathing clean are and eating food that is not closley comparable to poison.

Remember the question is, "Can we live in a way that we do not slowly kill ourselves?"

Yes, if we realize the earth is our home, and if one is religious be grateful for the wonderful earth that was created for us.There is a group of religious folks that have real-ised this and see the disconnect, see themselves as the stewards, caretakers of planet. So there is hope, I hope!:)

“I want this to be a discussion and not an attack of characters, check your attitude at the door and don't forget to take a number”
From this statement I see you have meet with some coarse remarks.
I to have encountered these coarse remarks, and the odd thing is they usually come from the very intelligent, which makes me question the otherwise astute insights they offer.
Inquiry: ”ecologically sound society?”

The Berean

When did mankind ever have an ecologically sound society? :idunno:. The moment the Phoenicians and Mesopotamians began farming and metal working they altered the environment and began immediately destroying the "ecological balance" . The idea that "ecological destruction" is recent historical phenomenon and that ancient man was "one with nature" is simply not true.

We are actually at a point technologically (solar, wind, nuclear, etc.) where we can improve the ecology substantially. With green technologies and a concerted effort to recycle all waste materials we can have a more "green" society.

Last edited:

Punisher1984

The ecology will adapt to us: just as it adapted to volcanic activity, ice ages and even meteor impacts in the past. The only real question is "what will this newly adapted ecology look like?"

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
The ecology will adapt to us: just as it adapted to volcanic activity, ice ages and even meteor impacts in the past. The only real question is "what will this newly adapted ecology look like?"
I had a drunken conversation once with a "Hippy Chick" She was all "Save the earth" I said the earth can look after it'self it's probably seen worse than us, more species have gone extinct than are alive today, we need to look after the earth yes, but for our own sake not it's... it was a moment of clarity that seemed much more profound at the time.

Punisher1984

I had a drunken conversation once with a "Hippy Chick" She was all "Save the earth" I said the earth can look after it'self it's probably seen worse than us, more species have gone extinct than are alive today, we need to look after the earth yes, but for our own sake not it's... it was a moment of clarity that seemed much more profound at the time.

But it is rather profound - it's a realization that there's not much we can really do to "help" or "harm" the planet: if the environmentalist crowd suddenly had this thought dawn on them their whole community would probably cease to exist.

MrRadish

As DT says, going about saying we can 'Save the Earth' really is dreadfully pompous. Save the Earth? The Earth is essentially a rock with slime on the surface; what does it care about the environment?

I'm all for reducing our impact on the environment, but it's not to save the world, it's to save ourselves.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

I reject the premise of the question.

We are already living in a way that is not slowly killing us.

Global warming is a hoax.

The health benefits of "organic" foods are a hoax.

The idea that red meat and animal fat is bad for you is a lie based on politically motivated junk science.

We are not running out of fresh water - not even close.

Tap water is not bad for you - at all.

There is no hole in the ozone layer and we couldn't cause one if we wanted too.

The oceans are not on the brink of dying and neither are the rain forests.

Your question is based on a premise that is just simply false. You liberals need to get out of this doom and gloom, the sky is falling mentality. Its depressing as Hell! I don't know how you get out of bed in the morning!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Status
Not open for further replies.