Is Organized Religion Anti-Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Anything that opposes the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law is anti-Christ.

You cannot say that Jesus Christ only made a limited atonement and be a Christian. The statement is anti-Christ, simply because it is in opposition to the Gospel. The Bible makes it clear that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You cannot say that Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world and be a Christian, especially when there are numerous scriptures that say he did, such as 1 John 2:2. To say that Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world is anti-Christ because it is in opposition to the Gospel.

The Gospel is the "Good News" that Jesus Christ in our name and on our behalf, has fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law and in doing so has justified us, Romans 3:26.

The Gospel is the "Good News" that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

It was the work of Christ that saves us and justifies us. To oppose that, or to say that the work of Christ was not sufficient to save to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25, is anti-Christ. Organized religion and the Gospel of Jesus Christ are not compatible, never have been and never will be.

Organized religion is based upon law and works. Read the by laws of any organized church and you will see that the whole function of the church is law based. There are no laws for the Christian. Christians are called to live by faith and not by laws or rules, "The Just Shall Live By Faith". Organized religion keeps it members under the law so that it can keep a hold on their bank account.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm trying to get you to participate in more ways than stating your opinions.

Buzzword

how many times are you going to say the same thing?

This.

Organized religion is only inherently anti-Christ when it attempts to set up a power structure in God's name for the sole benefit of the few people in positions of authority within the organization, or attempts to sway secular government.

Thus the papal hierarchy of the Middle Ages, the "Moral Majority", the infliction of Sharia Law across the Arab world, and every American pastor who invokes the name of God when instructing his flock how to cast their votes (which breaks the third commandment, by the way).

The majority of churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques devote themselves to uplifting and bettering their communities, and can no more be condemned for their existence in that role than any Christian could be condemned for loving one's neighbor as oneself.

Bradley D

The Christian is the church not the organization or the building.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (James 1:27).

"...being a Christian can consist of two things alone, Prayer and righteous action among men." (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"...being a Christian can consist of two things alone, Prayer and righteous action among men." (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)

Bonhoeffer offered up wonderful challenges to Nazisim.

But, his neo-orthodoxy diluted him...

1. He denied the verbal-plenary inspiration of Scripture, believing that the Bible is only a “witness” to the Word of God and becomes the Word of God only when it “speaks” to an individual; otherwise, it was simply the word of man (Testimony to Freedom, pp. 9, 104; Sanctorum Communio, p. 161).

2. He denied the biblical God, believing that the concept of God as a “supreme Being, absolute in power and goodness,” is a “spurious conception of transcendence,” and that “God as a working hypothesis in morals, politics, and science ... should be dropped, or as far as possible eliminated” (Letters and Papers from Prison, S.C.M. Press edition, Great Britain: Fontana Books, 1953, pp. 122, 164, 360).

3. He questioned the Virgin Birth (Witness to Jesus Christ, p. 115).

4. He denied the deity of Christ, advocating that “Jesus Christ Today” is not a real person and being, but a “corporate presence” (Testimony to Freedom, pp. 75-76; Christ the Center, p. 58).

5. He denied the sinlessness of Christ's human nature and further questioned the sinlessness of His earthly behavior (Christ the Center, pp. 108-109).

6. He denied the physical resurrection of Christ, believing that the bodily resurrection is in “the realm of ambiguity,” and that it was one of the “mythological” elements of Christianity that “must be interpreted in such a way as not to make religion a pre-condition of faith.” He also believed that such things as miracles and the ascension of Christ are “mythological conceptions” (Christ the Center, p. 112; Letters and Papers from Prison, S.C.M. Press edition, Great Britain: Fontana Books, 1953, pp. 93-94, 110).

7. He believed that Christ is not the only way to God (Testimony to Freedom, pp. 55-56).

8. He was an evolutionist (No Rusty Swords, p. 143) and believed that the book of Genesis is scientifically naive and full of myths (Creation and Fall: A Theological Interpretation of Genesis 1-3).

9. He adhered to neo-orthodox theology and terminology concerning salvation (Testimony to Freedom, p. 130), was a sacramentalist (Life Together, p. 122; The Way to Freedom, pp. 115, 153), believed in regenerational infant baptism (Letters and Papers from Prison, Macmillan, pp. 142-143) as well as adult baptismal regeneration (The Way to Freedom, p. 151), equated church membership with salvation (The Way to Freedom, p. 93), and denied a personal/individualistic salvation (Letters and Papers from Prison, Macmillan, p. 156).

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate's anti Calvinism has made a puppet out of him.

You have it backwards.

Its Calvinism that makes robots and puppets out of people.

I am God's free man. I can think and make my own decisions as I so please.

I have NOT been programed by the devil to believe lies and heresies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I only state the opinions of the Bible. The Bible says that religion stinks.

In that case, you do not participate as a full member who is more than a Dictaphone. We also have personalities, we share ourselves, as well as our words. People interact on forums, not speak from a distance, as if one is no more than a message sender.

You have said hundreds of times, religion stinks, the Bible tells me so. We all get it. The question is, who are you, as a person, and how does one come to know you, to like or dislike you?

Where is your human side, I assume you are a human being and not a text transcription machine?

Do you have problems relating to people and feel a need to hide behind your words? Answering would be a place to start.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This.

Organized religion is only inherently anti-Christ when it attempts to set up a power structure in God's name for the sole benefit of the few people in positions of authority within the organization, or attempts to sway secular government.

Thus the papal hierarchy of the Middle Ages, the "Moral Majority", the infliction of Sharia Law across the Arab world, and every American pastor who invokes the name of God when instructing his flock how to cast their votes (which breaks the third commandment, by the way).

The majority of churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques devote themselves to uplifting and bettering their communities, and can no more be condemned for their existence in that role than any Christian could be condemned for loving one's neighbor as oneself.

Lots of information, sure. You also seem not to grasp what I am suggesting?

I am suggesting not all posts must be limited to a heady information exchange, or, in some cases, a monologue, which is typically what we have been receiving from Robert Pate for some years now.

Jamie Gigliotti

Lots of information, sure. You also seem not to grasp what I am suggesting?

I am suggesting not all posts must be limited to a heady information exchange, or, in some cases, a monologue, which is typically what we have been receiving from Robert Pate for some years now.
Show him the way, transparency invites transparency.

Jamie Gigliotti

Anything that opposes the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law is anti-Christ.

You cannot say that Jesus Christ only made a limited atonement and be a Christian. The statement is anti-Christ, simply because it is in opposition to the Gospel. The Bible makes it clear that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You cannot say that Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world and be a Christian, especially when there are numerous scriptures that say he did, such as 1 John 2:2. To say that Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world is anti-Christ because it is in opposition to the Gospel.

The Gospel is the "Good News" that Jesus Christ in our name and on our behalf, has fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law and in doing so has justified us, Romans 3:26.

The Gospel is the "Good News" that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

It was the work of Christ that saves us and justifies us. To oppose that, or to say that the work of Christ was not sufficient to save to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25, is anti-Christ. Organized religion and the Gospel of Jesus Christ are not compatible, never have been and never will be.

Organized religion is based upon law and works. Read the by laws of any organized church and you will see that the whole function of the church is law based. There are no laws for the Christian. Christians are called to live by faith and not by laws or rules, "The Just Shall Live By Faith". Organized religion keeps it members under the law so that it can keep a hold on their bank account.

God uses broken churches to bring the lost to Him.

God desires us to do good through him, which is Him in us.

Robert Pate

Banned
In that case, you do not participate as a full member who is more than a Dictaphone. We also have personalities, we share ourselves, as well as our words. People interact on forums, not speak from a distance, as if one is no more than a message sender.

You have said hundreds of times, religion stinks, the Bible tells me so. We all get it. The question is, who are you, as a person, and how does one come to know you, to like or dislike you?

Where is your human side, I assume you are a human being and not a text transcription machine?

Do you have problems relating to people and feel a need to hide behind your words? Answering would be a place to start.

I bet that you are on facebook where everybody reveals their personal lives for others to read.

My motto is the less that you know about me the better.

I am just another sinner saved by grace. That is all that you need to know.

I think that you are probably a gossip hound.