Is Organized Religion Anti-Christ?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I bet that you are on facebook where everybody reveals their personal lives for others to read.

My motto is the less that you know about me the better.

I am just another sinner saved by grace. That is all that you need to know.

I think that you are probably a gossip hound.
Not at all, but you seem to equivocate having a personality with being too revealing
:nono: Never had one. My kids had My space and Face book, I think

Jamie Gigliotti

"A broken church" is an apostate church that is void of the Gospel.

No one can be saved in that church because there is no Gospel in that church.

If they are all apostate then why don't you start one that isn't? We are commanded to meet together, to encourage one another. Any time followers of Christ meet together at an organized time and location, it could be considered organized religion.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If they are all apostate then why don't you start one that isn't? We are commanded to meet together, to encourage one another. Any time followers of Christ meet together at an organized time and location, it could be considered organized religion.

At beginning of Christianity, they needed churches to educate His followers.

Now we have the Bible with first hand knowledge. We can have personal relationship with God and Jesus.

We can learn from Jesus directly how to love God and love one another.

We don't need secondhand knowledge from corrupt leaders.

Look at us, fighting about man-made doctrines using them to allure members.

What is going on in the churches is not of God.

Peace in Christ.

Jamie Gigliotti

At beginning of Christianity, they needed churches to educate His followers.

Now we have the Bible with first hand knowledge. We can have personal relationship with God and Jesus.

We can learn from Jesus directly how to love God and love one another.

We don't need secondhand knowledge from corrupt leaders.

Look at us, fighting about man-made doctrines using them to allure members.

What is going on in the churches is not of God.

Peace in Christ.
There are places of worship where God is "worshipped in Spirit and in truth". God desires that. Be the light, don't run from darkness.

Jamie Gigliotti

"And let us consider how to stir one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encourage one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near." Hebrews 10:24-25

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are places of worship where God is "worshipped in Spirit and in truth". God desires that. Be the light, don't run from darkness.

That's your church and so says the rest of denominations.

I have been reading your posts and I don't see much of difference over all.

Robert Pate

Banned

In the early church they met in each others homes.

No fancy building or paid staff.

PureX

People organizing themselves around a religious Christian tradition/belief is not inherently anti-Christian. Though such organizations can clearly become that way when, as all human organizations will tend to do, they seek to maintain their own coherence more stridently than they seek to express the love of Christ. And sadly, that does happen all too often.

So to answer the thread's question: no, organized religion is not innately antithetical to Christ, but it does often become antithetical to Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
People organizing themselves around a religious Christian tradition/belief is not inherently anti-Christian. Though such organizations can clearly become that way when, as all human organizations will tend to do, they seek to maintain their own coherence more stridently than they seek to express the love of Christ. And sadly, that does happen all too often.

So to answer the thread's question: no, organized religion is not innately antithetical to Christ, but it does often become antithetical to Christ.

Where there is no Gospel, I mean the one that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. There is no Holy Spirit. Where there is no Holy Spirit there is no church. Its a fraud.

PureX

Where there is no Gospel, I mean the one that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. There is no Holy Spirit. Where there is no Holy Spirit there is no church. Its a fraud.
You have a tendency to come up with good thread topics and ideas regarding excessive religiosity. But unfortunately, you then immediately contradict your own proposition by espousing that which you had just previously disparaged.

You claim that Christian religiosity is the anti-Christ, and then you immediately launch into a series of proclamation based on your own excessive Christian religiosity. And you do this consistently. It is mystifying to me that you can be so blind to your own religiosity when you are quite insightful of it regarding others.

But then as my old Catholic Bible says: "… we are wonderfully and frightfully made".

Robert Pate

Banned
You have a tendency to come up with good thread topics and ideas regarding excessive religiosity. But unfortunately, you then immediately contradict your own proposition by espousing that which you had just previously disparaged.

You claim that Christian religiosity is the anti-Christ, and then you immediately launch into a series of proclamation based on your own excessive Christian religiosity. And you do this consistently. It is mystifying to me that you can be so blind to your own religiosity when you are quite insightful of it regarding others.

But then as my old Catholic Bible says: "… we are wonderfully and frightfully made".

There is no religion in the Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Religion is about what people do. The Gospel is about what God has done in Jesus Christ. Big, big difference.

I am not religious. Where did you get that idea?

HisServant

Anything that opposes the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law is anti-Christ.

You cannot say that Jesus Christ only made a limited atonement and be a Christian. The statement is anti-Christ, simply because it is in opposition to the Gospel. The Bible makes it clear that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You cannot say that Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world and be a Christian, especially when there are numerous scriptures that say he did, such as 1 John 2:2. To say that Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world is anti-Christ because it is in opposition to the Gospel.

The Gospel is the "Good News" that Jesus Christ in our name and on our behalf, has fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law and in doing so has justified us, Romans 3:26.

The Gospel is the "Good News" that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

It was the work of Christ that saves us and justifies us. To oppose that, or to say that the work of Christ was not sufficient to save to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25, is anti-Christ. Organized religion and the Gospel of Jesus Christ are not compatible, never have been and never will be.

Organized religion is based upon law and works. Read the by laws of any organized church and you will see that the whole function of the church is law based. There are no laws for the Christian. Christians are called to live by faith and not by laws or rules, "The Just Shall Live By Faith". Organized religion keeps it members under the law so that it can keep a hold on their bank account.

You seem to missing parts of scripture when you post things like this.

For example, you seem to have totally forgotten about the entire 12th chapter of Romans.

Robert Pate

Banned
You seem to missing parts of scripture when you post things like this.

For example, you seem to have totally forgotten about the entire 12th chapter of Romans.

Romans 12 is about the Christian life.

We are not saved by our Christian lives.

PureX

There is no religion in the Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Religion is about what people do. The Gospel is about what God has done in Jesus Christ. Big, big difference.

I am not religious. Where did you get that idea?
I get it from the fact that immediately after you make such a statement, you launch into a litany of religious proclamations based on your personal hyper-legalistic interpretation of religious scripture. You are just as dogmatic, legalistic, and "religious" as any religionists I've encountered.

HisServant

Romans 12 is about the Christian life.

We are not saved by our Christian lives.

But it also tells you how to treat others and how you are to act yourself.

Are you at peace with yourself and all men?... it doesn't seem that way, as you seem to have an addiction to keep posting here and also seem to crave attention by posting the same topics over and over again.

Yet everyone here knows you do not have the gift of teaching and all you do is expose your theology and yourself to ridicule.

You know what scripture says about the fool.... you should look in the mirror.

I do agree with some of your assessment about organized religion, but the foolish way you communicate does nothing for your cause.