Theology Club: Is The Bible divinely inspired or not?

revpete

Inspiration cannot be retained in any physically spoken or physically written words.

Inspiration is intuitive. It is an experience within the heart or spirit of an individual person.

Although received through inspiration, spoken and written scriptures cannot include the inspiration. At best it can instruct one on the path to be an inspired receiver.

Spoken or written scriptures can also bring one on to faith. And this provides the fertile ground for receiving the gift or actualization to be an inspired receiver of Truth.

'Inspiration' refers to a gift of the Spirit to know things directly personally, privately and intuitively from the Spirit of Truth.

Surely the danger with that definition is that interpretation is open to abuse. I interpret a scripture one way a RC another a JW another and a Mormon still another all claiming to be inspired by The Holy Spirit.

Blessings: Pete <><

Thank you for that AMR. I agree that only the original is inspired. However, the KJV (and no, I'm not a KJV onlyist) has been the version that has been used more than any other since its publication and I think has been preserved and blessed by God. Would you agree?

I don't know about AMR, but I do not believe the KJV is any more inspired than Luther's Transation, or any other scholarly translation using the oldest manuscripts to produce the most accurate translations.

Gurucam

Surely the danger with that definition is that interpretation is open to abuse. I interpret a scripture one way a RC another a JW another and a Mormon still another all claiming to be inspired by The Holy Spirit.
2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Originally Posted by Gurucam View Post

Inspiration cannot be retained in any physically spoken or physically written words.

Inspiration is intuitive. It is an experience within the heart or spirit of an individual person.

Although received through inspiration, spoken and written scriptures cannot include the inspiration. At best it can instruct one on the path to be an inspired receiver.

Spoken or written scriptures can also bring one on to faith. And this provides the fertile ground for receiving the gift or actualization to be an inspired receiver of Truth.

'Inspiration' refers to a gift of the Spirit to know things directly personally, privately and intuitively from the Spirit of Truth.

Such interpretations, which lead to the various sects, are rooted in lettered discernment. This has nothing to do with Spirituality or 'my definition'. Inspiration does no lettered discernment.

Why do you consider my definition a danger? At all events, lettered discernment killeth. Therefore lettered 'discerners' are the dead who will bury their dead (i.e. their own kind). Lettered discernment must lead to various interpretations and therefore various sects. This is inevitable and this is what leads to many different interpretations and different sects.

Also lettered discerners seek generalizations. Sects are grouping of people who hold that their generalized ideals and laws as derived from written scriptures is the only correct one. They includes JW, Mormon, Seven-days, Catholics etc.

This is why all written scriptures is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction but not for salvation and deliverance. Salvation and deliverance is possibly only when one drops all written scriptures and embrace and is led only by the Spirit of Truth.

The Spirit of Truth recognizes and uphold no generalization. The Spirit of Truth recognizes and uphold only diversity.

Indeed there is absolute diversity in Truth which is delivered to each person privately and personally by the Spirit of Truth. The Spirit of Truth dispenses no generalized guidance.

The Spirit of Truth never undermine or relegates diversity and individuality. The Spirit of Truth simply unifies diversity into harmony.

For those who are led by Truth which come directly and intuitively from the Spirit of Truth, there is eternal life in heaven everywhere.

You will not find any one who is led by the Spirit of Truth in any of those 'sects'.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
This is why all written scriptures is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction but not for salvation and deliverance. Salvation and deliverance is possibly only when one drops all written scriptures...
What a load

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I think the words in the original alone are inspired, but the inspiration is carried over into the sense as it is accurately conveyed in the KJV translation.

AMR
I have no problem with the KJV translation, flaws and all. I was saved reading the KJV but not because of the translation. I was saved by grace though faith by means of the explanation of the text I was reading by a Southern Baptist exposition of the text. I find the KJV to be no more or less inspired than the NASB, NIV, HCSB, ESV, NKJV, etc.

lucaspa

Oh my goodness, this isn't going to be a KJV only type thing, is it?
I hope not. I hope people remember that scripture was originally written in Hebrew or Greek. The KJV is just one of many translations to a vernacular language -- English in this case.

The KJV is NOT divinely inspired, but the Word of God is, in it's original languages.

"Word" as in capitalized? In scripture the only time "Word" is capitalized is when it is referring to Jesus. When referring back to scripture, it is always "word of God".

You aren't trying to elevate scripture to divinity, are you?

The KJV is no more divinely inspired than the others which are accurately translated.
I would agree. However, I would also say that sometimes the KJV translation is not accurate.

lucaspa

Inspiration cannot be retained in any physically spoken or physically written words.Inspiration is intuitive. It is an experience within the heart or spirit of an individual person.

So inspiration is God's communication to you spirit. If God inspires you, you mentally put that inspiration into words. Why is it different if the words are in your head or you write them down?

Ah. I think you are trying to say that language cannot convey the entirety of the emotional experience of God. I would agree. However, we often translate our emotions to language. The translation may be incomplete, but it does capture some of the truth.

Spoken or written scriptures can also bring one on to faith.
Welcome to the original sola scriptura as stated by Luther and Calvin. Scripture is a means to help you find your own personal relationship to God. However, to do that, logically scripture must convey some of the "inspiration" from God to the writer of scripture. If scripture does not convey that communication from God, then how can it help you find communication with God? I am afraid you have contradicted your own original claims. :( Sorry.

And again, why cannot you make those "privately" known "things" public by writing them down? Again you provide arguments contradicting yourself.

revpete

Originally Posted by Gurucam View Post

Such interpretations, which lead to the various sects, are rooted in lettered discernment. This has nothing to do with Spirituality or 'my definition'. Inspiration does no lettered discernment.

Why do you consider my definition a danger? At all events, lettered discernment killeth. Therefore lettered 'discerners' are the dead who will bury their dead (i.e. their own kind). Lettered discernment must lead to various interpretations and therefore various sects. This is inevitable and this is what leads to many different interpretations and different sects.

Also lettered discerners seek generalizations. Sects are grouping of people who hold that their generalized ideals and laws as derived from written scriptures is the only correct one. They includes JW, Mormon, Seven-days, Catholics etc.

This is why all written scriptures is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction but not for salvation and deliverance. Salvation and deliverance is possibly only when one drops all written scriptures and embrace and is led only by the Spirit of Truth.

The Spirit of Truth recognizes and uphold no generalization. The Spirit of Truth recognizes and uphold only diversity.

Indeed there is absolute diversity in Truth which is delivered to each person privately and personally by the Spirit of Truth. The Spirit of Truth dispenses no generalized guidance.

The Spirit of Truth never undermine or relegates diversity and individuality. The Spirit of Truth simply unifies diversity into harmony.

For those who are led by Truth which come directly and intuitively from the Spirit of Truth, there is eternal life in heaven everywhere.

You will not find any one who is led by the Spirit of Truth in any of those 'sects'.

No scripture is of any private interpretation 2Pet.1:20. That is why I consider that your view has an element of danger... Holy men of God spoke as they were inspired by The Holy Spirit... I may be misunderstanding you, correct me if that is the case.

Gurucam

What a load

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

You blaspheme scriptures and you err seriously.

Jesus made it absolutely clear that He made two different kinds of deliveries (both of which make up the KJV N.T.). One set were for those who were given by God to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven. They were the few who (during Jesus' physical presence on earth) were called to be Christians, the New people. These people are under righteousness of God that is without the law.

The other set were given for those who were not given by God to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven. They had to remain Old people, under a slightly modified Mosaic system. These people are under righteousness with the law.

The verses which you are quoting were not given to the few who were called to be Christians during Jesus physical presence on earth.

Those verses (which you quoted) were deliver to people who were not given by God to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven. They were the great masses of people who were not called to be Christians. They had to remain under the Old system.

The question is do you seek the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven as recorded in the KJV N.T.?

Then you cannot (as you are doing) be quoting the KJV N.T. willy-nilly (i.e. any which way). You are blaspheming the scriptures.

Before you read, speak on and/or quote the KJV N.T. you must be aware of how Jesus' expected the KJV N.T. to be used.

Only Paul is the example of one who embraced the mystery of God's kingdom of heaven and got Truth. Only Paul path will bring one to Truth. Truth will not be found in the pages of the written scriptures. All Truth is delivered only by the Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Jesus to each person privately, personally and individually through a direct intuitive connection between each person's own spirit and the Spirit of Truth. This has absolutely nothing to do with any physically written or physically spoken scriptures. Those are the letter which killeth. Only the Spirit giveth life.

To deny this is blasphemy of the Spirit. This is serious sin. Whereas all manner of sin might be forgiven, blasphemy of the Spirit is an absolutely unforgivable sin.

I can provide the verses in the KJV N.T. which literally and clearly confirm these revelations.

Last edited:

Ardima

Inspiration does not mean word-for-word dictated. Besides that, the inspiration was never for a perfect autograph, but for an authoritative autograph to be used for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness that we may be completely supplied for all good works.

Lon

<DIR>

</DIR>2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

surely the people are grass.

<SUP class=versenum>Isaiah 40:8 </SUP><SUP class=crossreference data-link='(B)' data-cr="#cen-ESV-18429B"></SUP>The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever.

1 Peter 1:25 the word of the Lord remains forever." And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.

Mat 4:4 But He answered and said, It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."

Ardima

<DIR>2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
</DIR>2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

Too many people never even consider the second part of verse 16 and verse 17. It tells you why it is inspired to begin with...