It's Not for Today or It is For Today

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The focus point...

Matthew 28:19-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The miraculous has already taken place. God sent his only begotten Son to this dark planet to atone for the sins of the world.
I believe that if God needs to do the miraculous He will, He's the boss. I think we like to dictate what God will and will not do.

Robert Pate

Banned
The focus point...

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Paul is the only one that really took that commandment seriously.

The rest went back to Jerusalem and started a church where it was warm and comfy.

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe that if God needs to do the miraculous He will, He's the boss. I think we like to dictate what God will and will not do.

God is not doing miracles today. I am not saying that he can't.

I have been a Christian for 46 years. I have yet to see a bonifide miracle. The reason that there are no miracles today is because... "The Just Shall Live by Faith".

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I have been a Christian for 46 years. I have yet to see a bonifide miracle. The reason that there are no miracles today is because... "The Just Shall Live by Faith".
Well you got there, I was saved in 1957.

I think our being alive is miracle.

Right, "The just shall live faith." -- That does not mean God cannot do the miraculous today.

We cannot dictate to God what is and what isn't.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul is the only one that really took that commandment seriously.

The rest went back to Jerusalem and started a church where it was warm and comfy.
Yes Paul took it seriously, I thought was Acts 8-9, not Acts 1.

Didn't Paul have a companion, named Silas.

Then what is recorded in Acts 17 didn't happen, those who followed Jesus went back to Jerusalem and did nothing but live the good and glorious name it and claim it life.

Acts 17:6
But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, "These who have turned the world upside down have come here too."

john w

Hall of Fame
The focus point...

Not written to me, nor is it about me, and it is certainly not marching orders, for the body of Christ, in this dispensation.

It is written to the believing remnant of the nation Israel, applicable, in the future.

EOT. CLOSED. DOA. SHUT DOWN THREAD. RIPL.

john w

Hall of Fame
We cannot dictate to God what is and what isn't

Again, nice sound byte, but quite irrelevant, and a false presumption. That's akin to saying, "God can save everyone through praying hard enough, loving everyone, believing that Fred Flintstone is the Holy Spirit. Don't dictate to God!!!!"

No, the "volume of the book" sets forth the parameters, of what God can, cannot do, and to whom He is speaking, when, considering what procedeth, and what follows, and, many times, for how long.............

Our duty, as serious students, is to "Produce your...bring forth your strong reasons,...(Is. 41:21 KJV), i.e., set forth our respective interpretations, as to what God is doing now, and why. Sound bytes such as "Don't dictate to God" are grade school, and sophistry. What's next? The old reliable cliche/sound byte, "Don't put God in a box?"

fzappa13

There are several things that Christians say are for today or not for us today.

The are issues over Bible translations that are absolutely accurate beyond a doubt.

Then there are the dispensations issue. Mid Acts Dispensation/Doctrine.

Denominations, whose right and whose wrong

Let's find out where we stand.

Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.​

There was this little window of time in which the faith flourished in unanimity and any church was called "the church" in whatever locale they found themselves. Paul said the flock would be devided after his death and so it was.

How's that for a "dispensation?" Kinda short, no?

Robert Pate

Banned
Well you got there, I was saved in 1957.

I think our being alive is miracle.

Right, "The just shall live faith." -- That does not mean God cannot do the miraculous today.

We cannot dictate to God what is and what isn't.

The anti-Christ will do many miracles. He will even make fire come down from the sky, Revelation 13:13.

All those that are lusting after a miracle will be deceived by him, Revelation 13:14.

Jesus said, "An evil and adulteress generation seeks after a sign; and there shall be no sign given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah" Matthew 12:39.

Which points to the death and the resurrection of Christ. Thats all that you are going to get my Pentecostal friend.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more miracles, healings,visions, tongues etc.

Why would you ask this when it has been covered here over and over, and he said why it ended by saying why it started at all. I expect this from wolves, not you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There are several things that Christians say are for today or not for us today.

The are issues over Bible translations that are absolutely accurate beyond a doubt.

Then there are the dispensations issue. Mid Acts Dispensation/Doctrine.

Denominations, whose right and whose wrong

Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.​

All things are for us whether Cephas or Paul but Paul had the better understanding of how the gospel applies to us Gentiles....that is what he received not of men but by revelation.

So whatever Paul says we can have we can have.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul said that these things would cease, 1 Corinthians 13:8, 9, 10.

Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are a distraction from the Gospel. They are not happening today.

That which is perfect has already arrived, The New Testament.

Pentecostals need to put away childish things, 1 Corinthians 13:11.

Pate...the Apostle Paul was never childish, the Holy Spirit is not childish.

You say the New testament is perfect....it is the New Testament which bids us to speak in tongues and prophesy..to earnestly covet the gifts...that's where we got it from.

If Paul had a revelation that we were no longer to speak in tongues or earnestly desire the gifts he would have said so.

The NT came and the church sank into deep darkness for more than a thousand years....nothing became perfect.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The anti-Christ will do many miracles. He will even make fire come down from the sky, Revelation 13:13.

All those that are lusting after a miracle will be deceived by him, Revelation 13:14.

Jesus said, "An evil and adulteress generation seeks after a sign; and there shall be no sign given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah" Matthew 12:39.

Which points to the death and the resurrection of Christ. Thats all that you are going to get my Pentecostal friend.

You are not putting much thought into this Pate.

Antichrist may well bring fire down from heaven, I think Hollywood is preparing people for that. But he can never be merciful see, he can never have compassion on the blind and crippled man.

An evil tree cannot bear good fruit

In order for Satan to do a work of mercy he would first have to bind God and steal His power....shouldn't you think a little more deeply about these matters?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I use to have many Pentecostal tendencies.

But when I discovered the Gospel and justification by faith I put those things away.

After Pentecost the Bible says that the apostles went everywhere teaching and preach the resurrection of Jesus. You will not find anything anywhere in the Bible about the cloven tongues of fire, the mighty wind, or what took place on the day of Pentecost. That was not the apostles focus point. They had a far greater message than their religious experience.

Piffle...Paul set up assemblies all over the place whose ministry included healers, workers of miracles, prophets, speakers of tongues, interpreters, administraters etc etc.

In fact Paul speaks about the body of Christ in no other way.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

If you had faith you would see miracles...no good complaining that you don't see miracles when you spout unbelief all over the place

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
For THIS purpose was the Son of God made manifest that He might destroy the works of the devil

Sin, sickness, nakedness, grief, sorrow, trouble, condemnation....these are all the works of the devil on mankind...these are all the things Christ took up to the cross.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I know where I stand:

by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)
in the faith (1 Corinthians 16:13 KJV)
by faith (2 Corinthians 1:24 KJV)
in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made me free (Galatians 5:1 KJV)
with the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6:11-20 KJV)