It's Not for Today or It is For Today

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are several things that Christians say are for today or not for us today.

The are issues over Bible translations that are absolutely accurate beyond a doubt.

Then there are the dispensations issue. Mid Acts Dispensation/Doctrine.

Denominations, whose right and whose wrong

Let's find out where we stand.

Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.​

bybee

The are issues over Bible translations that are absolutely accurate beyond a doubt.

Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.​

For today God's love is universal.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
If you want to get to the heart of the problem. See how many people can define love.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

Robert Pate

Banned

Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are not for today.

God used these things in the early church to spread the good news of his Son Jesus Christ.

We have to remember that there were no Bibles in the early church. Everything was by word of mouth.

The apostles would perform a miracle and then when they had everyones attention they would preach the Gospel. The miracles and healings confirmed that what the apostles were preaching was from God.

Today we have a New Testament that reveals the whole revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. No more miracles, visions, tongues, etc. are needed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are not for today.

God used these things in the early church to spread the good news of his Son Jesus Christ.

We have to remember that there were no Bibles in the early church. Everything was by word of mouth.

The apostles would perform a miracle and then when they had everyones attention they would preach the Gospel. The miracles and healings confirmed that what the apostles were preaching was from God.

Today we have a New Testament that reveals the whole revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. No more miracles, visions, tongues, etc. are needed.

Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more miracles, healings,visions, tongues etc.

Robert Pate

Banned
Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more miracles, healings,visions, tongues etc.

Paul said that these things would cease, 1 Corinthians 13:8, 9, 10.

Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are a distraction from the Gospel. They are not happening today.

That which is perfect has already arrived, The New Testament.

Pentecostals need to put away childish things, 1 Corinthians 13:11.

john w

Hall of Fame
There are several things that Christians say are for today or not for us today.Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.

So, is it your position, that "name calling," is not for today? Is that correct? If it is your position, chapter, and verse.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul said that these things would cease, 1 Corinthians 13:8, 9, 10.

Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are a distraction from the Gospel. They are not happening today.

That which is perfect has already arrived, The New Testament.

Pentecostals need to put away childish things, 1 Corinthians 13:11.

Seems that you have posted that which says will cease future tense And why are miracles, vision and healings childish things? You can't bear with your Pentecostal brothers and sisters beliefs?

john w

Hall of Fame

Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more/is no:
- walkings on water
- raisings of the dead
- parting of seas
- making limbs grow
- need for glasses/translators
-drinking poisons/recovering
-going to the temple
-keeping the "appointed" times/feasts
-selling all you have/having all things in common

?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, is it your position, that "name calling," is not for today? Is that correct? If it is your position, chapter, and verse.
Thou does ere greatly in that thou hast edited the original post to what thou wouldst have it say otherwise; like a fool and his money are soon parted, I will not repliest to thy inquiry.

john w

Hall of Fame
Thou does ere greatly in that thou hast edited the original post to what thou wouldst have it say otherwise; like a fool and his money are soon parted, I will not repliest to thy inquiry.

Well done! You "sound" like me!

"Neither do I tell you..."

Mark 11:33 KJV

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more/is no:
- walkings on water
- raisings of the dead
- parting of seas
- making limbs grow
- need for glasses/translators
-drinking poisons/recovering
-going to the temple
-keeping the "appointed" times/feasts
-selling all you have/having all things in common

?
Ah John W. don't take away all my fun. Let me believe in the miraculous.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ah John W. don't take away all my fun. Let me believe in the miraculous.

"Let me believe in the miraculous."-BR

A Muslim, to you:Don't take away all my fun.Let me believe in the miraculous, such as a harem, in heaven, that Allah gives me, if a suicide bomb, you see, .......

BR:

And don' away my fun. Raise my Uncle Joe from the dead. He owes me $55 on a poker game, in which I spotted him some $'s, on a "Hold 'Em" hand-he lost.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Let me believe in the miraculous."-BR

A Muslim, to you:Don't take away all my fun.Let me believe in the miraculous, such as a harem, in heaven, that Allah gives me, if a suicide bomb, you see, .......

BR:

Ah John thank God i am not a muslim.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't go to the temple either.

And? Irrelevant that you don't; irrelevant to your "argument:"

"Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more miracles, healings,visions, tongues etc."-BR

Do it. No scripture says "no more going to the temple."

And, while you are at it:

-walk on water
- raise the dead
- part the seas
- make limbs grow
- shuck your glasses,translator, if you have them
-drink poison, recover, tell us about it
-keep the "appointed times"/feasts
-sell all you have/have all things in common

....as no scripture says "no more" of the above. You made the above "argument."

Robert Pate

Banned
Seems that you have posted that which says will cease future tense And why are miracles, vision and healings childish things? You can't bear with your Pentecostal brothers and sisters beliefs?

I use to have many Pentecostal tendencies.

But when I discovered the Gospel and justification by faith I put those things away.

After Pentecost the Bible says that the apostles went everywhere teaching and preach the resurrection of Jesus. You will not find anything anywhere in the Bible about the cloven tongues of fire, the mighty wind, or what took place on the day of Pentecost. That was not the apostles focus point. They had a far greater message than their religious experience.