It's Not for Today or It is For Today

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

As is much of what she posts. The Lord Jesus Christ would not hold back, neither will I.

Paul is the only one that really took that commandment seriously.

The rest went back to Jerusalem and started a church where it was warm and comfy.

Jerusalem was not warm and comfy. They were in hiding as Jacob's trouble was looming. And they were not to leave until all was in order.

The focus point...

Matthew 28:19-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Paster, he said do and observe what the Pharisee commands as they sit in the seat of Moses. Do you do that or pass it on?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Heir and Nick here they are I've got a question

Where do you fit into the body of Christ as Paul showed it? you talk a lot about the body of Christ, Paul only describes it one place.

Now ye are the body of Christ and members in particular

And God has set in the church first apostles second prophets third teachers after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles

Have all gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?. But COVET the best gifts.

And yet I show you a more excellent way...Paul goes on to show that the way to use the gifts is with love.

WHere ARE you in all this?

Now there are a diversity of gifts but the same Spirit

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to EVERY man to profit withal [Not as a sign to the Jews but to profit withal]

To one is given word of wisdom, another word of knowledge to another faith, by the same Spirit. To another gifts of healing, another the working of miracles, to another prophecy by the same Spirit, to another discerning spirits, to another diversity of tongues , to another interpretation by the same Spirit.

But all these working that one and selfsame Spirit dividing to EVERY man as He will.

For as the body is one and hath many members and all the members of that one body being many are one body so is Christ

Where ARE you Nick? Heir where ARE you. I just don't see you.

Nick is not going to hold back...ain't he big, neither will I.

Perhaps I can find you among the fruits of the Spirit.....

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindliness....oh dear

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
How is it then brethren when you come together EVERY one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation, let all things be done for EDIFYING [not as a sign to the Jews]

What?

Came the word of God out from Nick or Heir? or came it unto them only?

If any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual let him acknowledge that the things I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

But if any man be ignorant let him be ignorant.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We speak what we have received and it corresponds to Paul. It would be nice for folk to think highly of us, to praise and congratulate us as thy do each other...there are plenty on TOL who I admire, even among the MADianites who it would be nice to be well thought of.

But we must testify, we must uphold Paul's teaching and his traditions. We must tell the truth, even if we are thought foolish and weak.

The time is coming and now is when the church is going to be overwhelmed by all the filth and wickedness and persecution that the devil can throw at us....in those days when your life is on the line, perhaps God will bring to your remembrance our testimony.

If the church is being overcome now by the enemy while the waters are still shallow how will she stand when the torrents come?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
don't look for vague passages that might support your beliefs

try to make sense of it
is it reasonable?
it should be

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
don't look for vague passages that might support your beliefs

try to make sense of it
is it reasonable?
it should be

They are vague if you have not received them...to me they are my daily walk with the Lord.

And I received these things before I discovered them in the bible.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate...the Apostle Paul was never childish, the Holy Spirit is not childish.

You say the New testament is perfect....it is the New Testament which bids us to speak in tongues and prophesy..to earnestly covet the gifts...that's where we got it from.

If Paul had a revelation that we were no longer to speak in tongues or earnestly desire the gifts he would have said so.

The NT came and the church sank into deep darkness for more than a thousand years....nothing became perfect.

Tongues in the New Testament were foreign languages. It was the means by which the Gospel was conveyed to others of a different nationality.

Tongues are no longer needed. There are hundreds of Bibles today that are printed in every language imaginable..

If you are not conveying the Gospel of Jesus Christ to someone of a different nationality, then it is useless.

Tongues are no big deal. Even cults speak in tongues.

I heard that you can go to a class to learn how to speak in tongues. Its showy and reeks of Pharisaism.

Interplanner

Tongues were always to prove to an unbeliever who was in Judaism that the mission of God to the nations was the Gospel. See why Paul quotes Isaiah in 1 Cor 14. It has to be when unbelievers from Judaism are in the picture.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir and Nick here they are I've got a question

Where do you fit into the body of Christ as Paul showed it?
This is where we fit in

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4270062&postcount=1

We are in the same one Body as the Corinthians as per our baptism by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

you talk a lot about the body of Christ, Paul only describes it one place.
That's not so. Why would you say that? See:

Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV, Colossians 1:18 KJV, Colossians 1:24 KJV, 1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

And God has set in the church first apostles second prophets third teachers after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles

Have all gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?. But COVET the best gifts.

And yet I show you a more excellent way...Paul goes on to show that the way to use the gifts is with love.

WHere ARE you in all this?

Now there are a diversity of gifts but the same Spirit

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to EVERY man to profit withal [Not as a sign to the Jews but to profit withal]

To one is given word of wisdom, another word of knowledge to another faith, by the same Spirit. To another gifts of healing, another the working of miracles, to another prophecy by the same Spirit, to another discerning spirits, to another diversity of tongues , to another interpretation by the same Spirit.

But all these working that one and selfsame Spirit dividing to EVERY man as He will.

For as the body is one and hath many members and all the members of that one body being many are one body so is Christ
1 Corinthians 13:8-13 KJV). We have all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

See gifts given unto men here:

Ephesians 4:11 KJV

And anyone who will be honest with themselves and the scriptures know that from that list, that there are no more apostles or prophets today. Are you claiming to be one?

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This is where we fit in

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4270062&postcount=1

We are in the same one Body as the Corinthians as per our baptism by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

That's not so. Why would you say that? See:

Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV, Colossians 1:18 KJV, Colossians 1:24 KJV, 1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

1 Corinthians 13:8-13 KJV). We have all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

See gifts given unto men here:

Ephesians 4:11 KJV

And anyone who will be honest with themselves and the scriptures know that from that list, that there are no more apostles or prophets today. Are you claiming to be one?

You yourself proclaim you have no gifts of the Holy Spirit, so all you've got to minister with is the carnal mind...that is your testimony, that is what we see.

You SAY you belong to the body but you reject the body of Christ which Paul sets forth.

You USED to be a Pentecostal wannabe didn't you? but you did not receive. There are a few of those around.

All scripture in Timothy includes those which encourage us to seek and to minister the gifts.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I have never claimed to be an apostle, the gifts Paul says are for EVERY man to profit withal...do you participate in the assembly? if you do it can only be in the flesh for you don't believe in the Holy Spirit ministering through the body members.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Tongues in the New Testament were foreign languages. It was the means by which the Gospel was conveyed to others of a different nationality.

Tongues are no longer needed. There are hundreds of Bibles today that are printed in every language imaginable..

If you are not conveying the Gospel of Jesus Christ to someone of a different nationality, then it is useless.

Tongues are no big deal. Even cults speak in tongues.

I heard that you can go to a class to learn how to speak in tongues. Its showy and reeks of Pharisaism.

There were tongues in Acts and Paul describes the gift of tongues for private us for self edification and for use in the assembly along with interpretation.

Cults always counterfeit God...if there is a counterfeit there must be a true. Cults do not speak in tongues given by the Holy Ghost.

Just now you said tongues were childish...I don't think Paul was ever childish, now you say they are no big deal...is that how you say to God? "don't give me any gift, they are no big deal"

Anything God gives is precious and lovely and useful for edification.

You are showing a very bad attitude toward God.

God's Truth

There were tongues in Acts and Paul describes the gift of tongues for private us for self edification and for use in the assembly along with interpretation.

Cults always counterfeit God...if there is a counterfeit there must be a true. Cults do not speak in tongues given by the Holy Ghost.

Just now you said tongues were childish...I don't think Paul was ever childish, now you say they are no big deal...is that how you say to God? "don't give me any gift, they are no big deal"

Anything God gives is precious and lovely and useful for edification.

You are showing a very bad attitude toward God.

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

God's Truth

The nowadays tongue speaking is also commonly called a "prayer language.” Those practicing the false tongue speaking of nowadays, they believe they are speaking a prayer language, and that in this type of praying it is somehow deeper and more revealing about themselves to God, and more personal than praying with their native language with words they understand. However, that is not scriptural, and that even goes against the Word of God.

Calling the false tongue speaking a "prayer language" is from an error in understanding of the scriptures explaining speaking in tongues when no one is around who understands. It is important to realize that after the believers in the bible had the gift of speaking in tongues for the sign to the Jews...they kept the gift even when the Jews of other languages were not around. Therefore, the tongue speakers spoke only to God when they spoke in tongues they did not understand and when no Jews from other languages were there, because, God, of course, can understand all the earthly languages.

Again, if there were no one of other languages around to understand the tongue speaker, and if the tongue speaker themselves cannot interpret what they say, then they are speaking only to God, and this speaking edified (nurtures) only the tongue speakers themselves.

Tongue speaking edifies (nurtures) only the tongue speaker when no understands; they are edified in knowing that God gave them an amazing gift (the real tongues is an amazing gift). How edifying it is for oneself just to have a gift such as speaking in tongues; that alone is what edifies. It is a false edification when one is performing nonsense babbling.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

Just show me where it says tongues is not for today.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

You talk gibberish in English...not worth replying to.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 13:8
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

They will cease, FUTURE tense. Show me where it says that they have ceased, PAST tense.