JayHoover

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattyfan

JayHoover,

The surest way to find yourself with no one in your corner is to drag people's family into a squabble. In your post #63, you refer to BB's wife in a very derogatory and offensive way which I'm declining to quote. You owe both Mrs. BB and BB an apology.

If you can't argue and support your point without denegrating your opponent's relatives, then perhaps your footing isn't as sure as you seem to think.

JayHoover

Originally posted by cattyfan

JayHoover,

The surest way to find yourself with no one in your corner is to drag people's family into a squabble. In your post #63, you refer to BB's wife in a very derogatory and offensive way which I'm declining to quote. You owe both Mrs. BB and BB an apology.

If you can't argue and support your point without denegrating your opponent's relatives, then perhaps your footing isn't as sure as you seem to think.
He is one of the rudest people I've met. Insult after insult, name after name.

The fact is, the insult approach is irrelevant and do not affect the facts of an argument one way or the other. My insulting him or him insulting me doesn't change either of our footing -- it simply isn't applicable.

Also, I'm not looking for anyone to "be in my corner" -- that's not particularly relevant either. I'm more interested in honesty.

Furthermore, If you'll look at the posts, I took his abusive commentary for post after post until it was too much. I am as human as the next person.

All that being said, I will apologize anyway for stooping to that level of insult in the interest of the larger community.

Therefore:

BillyBob,

I apologize for insulting both you and your family.

C

cattyfan

Originally posted by JayHoover

The fact is, the insult approach is irrelevant and do not affect the facts of an argument one way or the other. My insulting him or him insulting me doesn't change either of our footing -- it simply isn't applicable.

Also, I'm not looking for anyone to "be in my corner" -- that's not particularly relevant either. I'm more interested in honesty.

Furthermore, If you'll look at the posts, I took his abusive commentary for post after post until it was too much. I am as human as the next person.

All that being said, I will apologize anyway for stooping to that level of insult in the interest of the larger community.

Therefore:

BillyBob,

He insults you, not your wife, mother, son, or whomever (I don't know anything about your familial connections, so I'm being nonspecific.)

You dragged his wife into it. That's why you should apologize...not just because you want to pretend you're the "bigger man."

JayHoover

Originally posted by BillyBob

You live in a fairy tale land. The only person who is frothing is you, you stupid commie. OEJ even had to tell you to watch your language. :darwinsm:
Rebuttal to you is getting simpler and simpler as your posts contiunue to degrade into meaningless chatter.

OEJ pointed out something I was not fully aware of, being new to the forum -- there's a language criteria here.

I calls 'em as I sees 'em, stupid commie.
Yes, that is apparent. It's what you see that is questionable, and what you do that is unethical.

I have confronted your stupid charges head on and watched your posts degrade into meaningless ramblings.
You are making up a poor excuse for not testing your hiring practices, and that's obvious to anyone reading this thread. You are afraid to confront whether or not your hiring practices are legal in an experiment that would result in a conclusive decision.

It was especially funny since you couldn't even spell the word in which you were accusing me of being stupid. I guess irony is beyond your simple comprehension.
No, I comprehend irony. But typing is a human endeavor, and human endeavors are fallible. Your harping on a typo simply secures to those reading the level of individual you happen to be. It is-- like most of what comes forth from you -- a trifle. But please, have at it. It seems to delight you.

More commie tripe from fairy tale land.
So says the person who is afraid of a simple ad.

I test them all the time. I just had one of my best weeks EVER!! My hiring practices have been confirmed as quite profitable.
Now we see the motivation for your lack of ethics. BillyBob, the Mafia is profitable. They break the law just ike you do.

How ethical are they? Let me know when you grow up to be adult enough to understand that profits do not make a man decent. I thought maybe you'd've learned that by now-- but-- obviously, you haven't.

Speaking of chickens, you never did clarify which dogma it is that you accused me of subscribing to.
Yes, I did. PAY ATTENTION!

At least you're smart enough to run for the hills when you you're cornered.
You couldn't corner a right angle if you had a triangle in both hands.

[You're still a stupid commie, though.]
And you're as beaten as a Persian rug on Spring cleaning day in Turkey.

JayHoover

He insults you, not your wife, mother, son, or whomever (I don't know anything about your familial connections, so I'm being nonspecific.)

You dragged his wife into it. That's why you should apologize...not just because you want to pretend you're the "bigger man."
Well, he brought up his wife, I didn't. But tell me, is the idea that he insults me somehow a more noble endeavor? :confused: Seems to me, insult is insult regardless.

In any event, I have apologized already. This isn't good enough?

C

cattyfan

Therefore:

BillyBob,

Well, he brought up his wife, I didn't. But tell me, is the idea that he insults me somehow a more noble endeavor? Seems to me, insult is insult regardless.

In any event, I have apologized already. This isn't good enough?

in doing so, you first sought to excuse your behavior (well, he's rude to me) and then you apologized, not because you understand why it was wrong to say something vile about Mrs.BB, but for the "interest of the larger community," or, in more clear parlance, in an attempt to get me off your back.

I was hoping for a sincere "I'm sorry" because you felt bad about insulting someone who isn't even in this fight...instead you attempted to placate me while not taking responsibility for your own error in judgement.

taoist

JayHoover, as I see you're a newbie here, I'd like to respectfully make a recommendation to you. You're being baited into getting yourself banned. There's nothing new about this, it happens all the time here. A well-known clique with the sympathies of the administration here turns it into a sport.

It goes like this -- single out one individual, let the whole clique pile on and cherry-pick any frustration that results. It's working. FYI, BillyBob has a wicked sense of humor. Don't take his commie-baiting seriously, cause he's not serious.

Leave this thread. Find one where another interesting conversation is going on. Don't let your pride blind you to the fact you can't respond intelligently to posts that outnumber yours five to one. Do the math.

In peace, Jesse

C

cattyfan

Originally posted by taoist

JayHoover, as I see you're a newbie here, I'd like to respectfully make a recommendation to you. You're being baited into getting yourself banned. There's nothing new about this, it happens all the time here. A well-known clique with the sympathies of the administration here turns it into a sport.

It goes like this -- single out one individual, let the whole clique pile on and cherry-pick any frustration that results. It's working. FYI, BillyBob has a wicked sense of humor. Don't take his commie-baiting seriously, cause he's not serious.

Leave this thread. Find one where another interesting conversation is going on. Don't let your pride blind you to the fact you can't respond intelligently to posts that outnumber yours five to one. Do the math.

In peace, Jesse

taoist,

I'm trying to keep him from being banned. It's the kind of senseless, unrelated attacks on people's family that cause arguements to escalate to a level which results in a ban.

I was attempting to explain to him why it's wrong to do that.

I'm sorry both you and he have failed to understand what I'm saying.

respectfully.

:cattyfan:

JayHoover

in doing so, you first sought to excuse your behavior (well, he's rude to me) and then you apologized, not because you understand why it was wrong to say something vile about Mrs.BB, but for the "interest of the larger community," or, in more clear parlance, in an attempt to get me off your back.

I was hoping for a sincere "I'm sorry" because you felt bad about insulting someone who isn't even in this fight...instead you attempted to placate me while not taking responsibility for your own error in judgement.
It was sincere. You raised a number of points that I had an opinion on, and I have every right to reply to those comments.

Ask yourself this: Why would I bother to even write out the words if I wasn't sincere about it? According to you, it's all self-serving. It would have been easier to be arrogant and not done it at all, but I didn't choose that option. I apologized in all sincerity.

But it's not enough, apparently. If I hadn't apologized, I would have been wrong, and since I did, I'm wrong anyway. I find yet another consistent behavioral pattern in those who embrace Christianity.

They talk a lot about forgiveness, but they seem to have little ability to implement it in reality. I consider that to be a hypocritical stance.

C

cattyfan

It was sincere. You raised a number of points that I had an opinion on, and I have every right to reply to those comments.

Ask yourself this: Why would I bother to even write out the words if I wasn't sincere about it? According to you, it's all self-serving. It would have been easier to be arrogant and not done it at all, but I didn't choose that option. I apologized in all sincerity.

But it's not enough, apparently. If I hadn't apologized, I would have been wrong, and since I did, I'm wrong anyway. I find yet another consistent behavioral pattern in those who embrace Christianity.

They talk a lot about forgiveness, but they seem to have little ability to implement it in reality. I consider that to be a hypocritical stance.

if you were sincere, then I owe you an apology: I'm sorry for not accepting your apology at face value.

JayHoover

Originally posted by taoist

In peace, Jesse
Thanks for the heads-up, Jesse. Please check your PM.

JayHoover

if you were sincere, then I owe you an apology: I'm sorry for not accepting your apology at face value.
Thank you and let's let it be water under the bridge.

C

cattyfan

Oh, blast it anyway...now I've got Simon and Garfunkel in my head :shocked:

Thia

Is this a high school website, per chance? And why is it ok for some to call people 'friggin commies' and 'idiots', but Jay gets thumped for saying 'numbskull'? And, by the way, BB at one time insinuated that my relatives weren't intelligent enough to be anything but in the military because they happen to be of Latin descent. It was an insidious comment, but personally aimed. A little consistency, please.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

BillyBob,

Jay, you can insult me all you want, that is part of the game around here. As for insulting my family, I accept your apology.

Crow

Originally posted by Gerald

I'm concerned that he may no longer be extant.

And no, I'm not making a sick joke.

Besides, abusing you is much more fun than abusing JH could ever be... :chuckle:

Gerald,

Do you want me to try to get ahold of him and see if he's OK?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Thia

Is this a high school website, per chance? And why is it ok for some to call people 'friggin commies' and 'idiots', but Jay gets thumped for saying 'numbskull'?

That is not why OEJ warned him, nor is it why Catty warned him.

And, by the way, BB at one time insinuated that my relatives weren't intelligent enough to be anything but in the military because they happen to be of Latin descent.

That is entirely untrue! I challenge you to post what I said.

It was an insidious comment, but personally aimed. A little consistency, please.

I was very careful how I chose my words [I've been at this for a while now] and your memory of what I said is not consistent with what I actually said.

Status
Not open for further replies.