JayHoover

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoist

Unnecessary, Crow. I've heard from him. He's fine, just a little frustrated with his role as resident atheist.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by JayHoover

Rebuttal to you is getting simpler and simpler as your posts contiunue to degrade into meaningless chatter.

OEJ pointed out something I was not fully aware of, being new to the forum -- there's a language criteria here.

Don't you bother to read the rules of boards you frequent? This is a theology board, doesn't it make sense that there would be language restrictions? :doh:

Yes, that is apparent. It's what you see that is questionable, and what you do that is unethical.

No, it's not unethical. I am an independant businessman with the freedom to hire anyone I choose.

You are making up a poor excuse for not testing your hiring practices, and that's obvious to anyone reading this thread. You are afraid to confront whether or not your hiring practices are legal in an experiment that would result in a conclusive decision.

Jay, you are quite welcome to take out an ad and word it anyway you choose, I'm not hindering you in the least.

No, I comprehend irony. But typing is a human endeavor, and human endeavors are fallible. Your harping on a typo simply secures to those reading the level of individual you happen to be. It is-- like most of what comes forth from you -- a trifle. But please, have at it. It seems to delight you.

Actually, I almost never mention typos, everybody has them. But yours was too ironic to pass up. :chuckle:

So says the person who is afraid of a simple ad.

I'm as afraid of an ad as I am afraid of you. :yawn:

You seem to excel at missing the point which is: I have the freedom to hire any person I choose. I also have the freedom to not hire any person I choose.

:sozo: That's the Point! :bang:

Now we see the motivation for your lack of ethics. BillyBob, the Mafia is profitable. They break the law just ike you do.

:darwinsm:

How ethical are they?

Equating me with the mafia is ridiculous. You are grasping at straws now, commie.

Let me know when you grow up to be adult enough to understand that profits do not make a man decent.

Let me know when you evolve enough intelligence to understand freedom without the need for a nanny government to impose restrictions upon it.

I thought maybe you'd've learned that by now-- but-- obviously, you haven't.

Yes, I did. PAY ATTENTION!

Perhaps you'd like to direct me to that post, then. The one where you explain the specific dogma you accuse me of subscribing to?

You couldn't corner a right angle if you had a triangle in both hands.

See, now that was funny!

And you're as beaten as a Persian rug on Spring cleaning day in Turkey.

Not hardly! :banana:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why does everyone take BB so seriously?

He doesn't even seem to take HIMSELF all that seriously half the time.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by taoist
Unnecessary, Crow. I've heard from him. He's fine, just a little frustrated with his role as resident atheist.
Well, we know he's not dead.

I'm sure On Fire will be able to conceal his disappointment... ;)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
OK, let's try this from another perspective.

Jay, do you believe the government has the authority to tell private business owners who they can and cannot hire? [assuming that person is a legal resident]

If you believe they have that authority, do you agree that they should legislate accordingly?

You have already conceded that there are certain jobs which are less suited for women. You have also conceded that there are times when a business can use race as a determiner for hiring someone. If you already agree with these points, where then do you draw the line?

If I interview 10 people, all of whom have equal skills and credentials pertaining to the job opening, how do I determine which one of them I will hire? Remember, they will be a representative of my company.

What if one of them is an ex-con?

What if another has long, unkempt hair.

Another has poor English skills.

Another has body odor.

Another has a 'Kerry/Edwards' sticker on his truck.

Another seems nervous and won't look me in the eye when we talk.

Another drives a beat up truck.

Another listens to loud rap music in his truck.

Another talks too much.

Another is a veteran.

Three of them have a poor credit rating.

Four of them are single.

One of them is a weekend musician.

One is a Muslim.

Three of them are Christians.

One is a Jew.

Eight are Caucasian and two are Black.

Are any or all of these 'qualities' something I should consider when making my decision?

On Fire

Originally posted by BillyBob
What if one of them is an ex-con?

What if another has long, unkempt hair.

Another has a 'Kerry/Edwards' sticker on his truck.

Another seems nervous and won't look me in the eye when we talk.

Another drives a beat up truck.

Another listens to loud rap music in his truck.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
It appears that OF is about as busy at work as you are.
It takes far less time and effort to dash out a few lines of text than it does to manipulate a photo.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
That explains why your post count is nearly 4 times OF's. :banana:
Yup, mine's bigger than his... :chuckle:

:noway:

I'm referring to my post count, thank you very much!

Now get your mind out of the gutter. You know who you are.

:: wags finger reproachfully ::

:chuckle:

On Fire

Originally posted by Gerald

Yup, mine's bigger than his... :chuckle:

:noway:

I'm referring to my post count, thank you very much!

Now get your mind out of the gutter. You know who you are.

:: wags finger reproachfully ::

:chuckle:

:: looks for an appropriate photo ::

:: decides against it ::

Status
Not open for further replies.