Jesus is God !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus had glory with God before he came down, you have wrongly concluded. We don't have a temp-man God.

Is Jesus referred to in NT as a man?

If our brother Jesus is God that just proves humans can become God.

Ben Masada

Oh, but On the Other-hand to Ben; on the Other hand: Please See Above for Isaiah Quote Friend: Then, add this to your thoughts, as Well.

[Daniel 3:25 KJV] 25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

In the Fiery Furnace!!!

He was the Fourth. : D

And, a Treat!!!

For all of you who "Like the KJV" as much as I Do!!!

[Exodus 6:3 KJV] 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by [the name of] God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

See, Jehovah is what God's name is in the Old Testament; In the "KJV" of the Torah.

So, What Gives?

The pagan king of Babylon was dreaming about the pagan myth of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. The name "Jehovah" was only one of the many names of God according to His acts of Creation.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not so, Jesus did not exist before he was born, you have been misled.

The spiritual son Christ existed IN Jesus, Christ was with God at the creation. Christ was God's first creation for he is the express image of the Father. He is a created super spiritual being. God created everything through his son Christ, not Jesus. Jesus was born a man. You do not see the difference between the man Jesus and the spirit Christ that was in him at his baptism.

Tradition will blind you from truth.

Still confused eh my friend? Theories blind you from the truth.

keypurr

Jesus had glory with God before he came down, you have wrongly concluded. We don't have a temp-man God.

We disagree friend. Jesus was a man born to Mary.
Christ is a spirit like his creator. Being the express IMAGE of the Father he must be a spirit. He BECAME man when he took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus, which was the body God prepared for him. Chris had glory with God before the creation on the world, not the man Jesus. You fail to see that the spirit Christmas spoke through the body of Jesus.
Only God the Father is non created.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is Divine in name and is called "GOD" directly: John 1:1-3

A. Passages where Jesus is unquestionably called God

Heb 1:8 Father addresses son as God
Jn 1:1 The word was God
Phil 2:6-8 Jesus existed in the form of God
Jn 20:28 'My Lord and My God
Isa 7:14 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Emanuel: God with us"
Isa 9:6 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace"

B. Passages that speak of Christ's deity but because of the wording in the Greek, it can be argued that the Father is being addressed as God, not Jesus.

Titus 2:13-14 "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds."
1 Timothy 1:16,17 "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."
1 Timothy 6:14-16 "that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the proper time-He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords; who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen."
2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If our Father is God and our brother is God that makes two who are God.

We have, God the Father, God the Son, and God
the Holy Spirit! And yet, these three are one
according to the Bible! My question would be,
"Can our 'finite' minds" fully comprehend such
a complex Spiritual truth?" I think, perhaps not?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We disagree friend. Jesus was a man born to Mary.
Christ is a spirit like his creator. Being the express IMAGE of the Father he must be a spirit. He BECAME man when he took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus, which was the body God prepared for him. Chris had glory with God before the creation on the world, not the man Jesus. You fail to see that the spirit Christmas spoke through the body of Jesus.
Only God the Father is non created.

Absurd!

keypurr

Jesus is Divine in name and is called "GOD" directly: John 1:1-3

A. Passages where Jesus is unquestionably called God

Heb 1:8 Father addresses son as God
Jn 1:1 The word was God
Phil 2:6-8 Jesus existed in the form of God
Jn 20:28 'My Lord and My God
Isa 7:14 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Emanuel: God with us"
Isa 9:6 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace"

B. Passages that speak of Christ's deity but because of the wording in the Greek, it can be argued that the Father is being addressed as God, not Jesus.

Titus 2:13-14 "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds."
1 Timothy 1:16,17 "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."
1 Timothy 6:14-16 "that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the proper time-He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords; who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen."
2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord"

Jesus is not called God in John 1, the LOGOS is. The logos is not Jesus, I think that it is Christ, the spiritual express image that God created. You should not assume that Jesus is the logos.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is not called God in John 1, the LOGOS is. The logos is not Jesus, I think that it is Christ, the spiritual express image that God created. You should not assume that Jesus is the logos.

Nestorian :dizzy:

keypurr

That's funny, your belief system is a repeat of one of those early traditional beliefs.

Some are, most not. Do not forget that I was very active in church. But I had to follow my heart and leave it all in my past.

Now I feel that God is with me and I am prepared for his son to judge me for who I am. There is no fear in true love, so I am very comfortable waiting for him to come for me.