Jesus is God !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the divine Name

the divine Name

And, a Treat!!!

For all of you who "Like the KJV" as much as I Do!!!

[Exodus 6:3 KJV] 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by [the name of] God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

See, Jehovah is what God's name is in the Old Testament; In the "KJV" of the Torah.

So, What Gives?

'Jehovah' is a mistranslation of 'YHWH'. The use of 'Jehovah' is a much later development, maintained by later traditions. While some other bible versions use the name 'Jehovah', some maintain the proper name 'Yahweh', while others use the title 'LORD' in caps as in the NKJV.

For more on the divine name YHWH go here.

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The truth has been shown but the only way to make antitrinitarian's churich profitable is to continue to lie to thier suckered audience.

some churches have open books, meaning financial records. every church should allow every member access to all records and actions of the church. good luck finding one. but i know one. that's what should happen. very few are open to scrutiny. i guess all the churches i have attended believe Jesus Is God. i think. nobody ever talks about it at church. it is implied

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God is Light (Consciousness), Spirit.......

God is Light (Consciousness), Spirit.......

some churches have open books, meaning financial records. every church should allow every member access to all records and actions of the church. good luck finding one. but i know one. that's what should happen. very few are open to scrutiny. i guess all the churches i have attended believe Jesus Is God. i think. nobody ever talks about it at church. it is implied

It is implied as a religious belief, assumption, interpretation and nothing more, since it cannot be proved outside of a belief-system that sets its own criteria of evidence.

On purely spiritual grounds, only the infinite, incorporeal, invisible Spirit-energy-consciousness that is original, absolute and universal in its essence and being....is 'God'. I expound on this previously here.

Verses assuming to prove Jesus as God can be translated otherwise from a Unitarian perspective.

See: Biblical Unitarian :)

pj

keypurr

Implied yes, proven no.
Tradition from folks who thought the world was flat.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Implied yes, proven no.
Tradition from folks who thought the world was flat.

you mean Jw's ? i'm talking today. in most every church. no real teaching, just fluff. Jehovas Witness are the worst. they try to control and intimidate. brainwash. it worked on you. you don't even realize it. you stayed too long. listened too much. repent

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Mickey Mouse is not God either, but you will not find that is the Bible.

Toss in the Easter Bunny too.

A Unitarian view is rational, logical and relationally sound in its own context. A person will gravitate to that view that seems more true to him, given the evidence or lack thereof. I find it odd that people feel the need to deify Jesus when it is unnecessary :idunno:

Only God is God.

Apart from a NT record, christian creed, orthodox theology or assumed Christology.....there is no reason to assume Jesus is God.

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Toss in the Easter Bunny too.

A Unitarian view is rational, logical and relationally sound in its own context. A person will gravitate to that view that seems more true to him, given the evidence or lack thereof. I find it odd that people feel the need to deify Jesus when it is unnecessary :idunno:

Only God is God.

Apart from a NT record, christian creed, orthodox theology or assumed Christology.....there is no reason to assume Jesus is God.

pj

except that, when I understood by reading The Bible that Jesus Is God, I concluded that on my own. based on my own experience. i did not rely on anyone's interpretation. i saw it myself. you find it odd. yes, why WOULD we deify Jesus. we didn't - God did. John 8:56-58 - 1:1,2 and 1:14. if i read that with NO prior knowledge of Jesus or God or The Bible. i would tell you that those verses mean exactly what i said. i don't believe that because the majority does, or to fit in. it' what The Bible says. if i was the ONLY one that believed that, i would still be sure of what it says. if every person on earth told me i was wrong, i would still tell you that Jesus Is God. i don't gain anything by saying that. i expect no extra salvation or bonus points for being more correct than others. what i say, either way, makes no difference in this world. yet we still say it. odd

Caino

BANNED
Banned
t​
e​
a​
r​
down this temple and in three days​
I​
w​
I​
l
l​
raise it up again

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
light on John 8:58

light on John 8:58

except that, when I understood by reading The Bible that Jesus Is God, I concluded that on my own. based on my own experience. i did not rely on anyone's interpretation. i saw it myself. you find it odd. yes, why WOULD we deify Jesus. we didn't - God did. John 8:56-58 - 1:1,2 and 1:14. if i read that with NO prior knowledge of Jesus or God or The Bible. i would tell you that those verses mean exactly what i said. i don't believe that because the majority does, or to fit in. it' what The Bible says. if i was the ONLY one that believed that, i would still be sure of what it says. if every person on earth told me i was wrong, i would still tell you that Jesus Is God. i don't gain anything by saying that. i expect no extra salvation or bonus points for being more correct than others. what i say, either way, makes no difference in this world. yet we still say it. odd

We've addresses John 8:58 here, having 2 previous threads on this particular verse. When researched, this passage does not prove Jesus is God, but only points to his preexistence. Jesus never claimed to be Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh (the name given in Ex. 3:14).

More here.

Added more on John 8:58 here

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universal One

Universal One

Dont forget.....only God is God. You can assume Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, etc. is God manifesting in a particular form or personality as a 'Son' of God, but that person is still a Son, offspring, generation, extension, manifestation, individualization of the Universal One, which we are all a part of. On this more pure energetic, spiritual, conscious level, all is God; God is all. The Universal One is indivisible in essence.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
theres more to it..........

theres more to it..........

I know all that, but where is the scripture that says Jesus Christ is not God ?

Can a 'negative' be used to prove a 'positive'?

Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, a 'Son' of God. A son of someone cannot ever be that someone. A 'son' is always the offspring of an ancestral father. For a 'son' to be, a beginning or 'generation' of some kind had to occur, there 'existing' a 'relation'.

Relational distinctions are made within personality-relationships if we are considering actual distinct personalities. Otherwise you have a multipersonalitied God, which is philosophically possible since all personality originated from God, the Father of personality, and all personalities. The Urantia Papers expound further expound on this wonderful subject here (the personality of the Universal Father). In UB Christology, Jesus is a divine Son within the order of Creator Sons, and is the Creator and father/lord of our local universe, so is to us as 'God'....and a father/lord/savior....but the God of gods is always the Universal Father....his primacy is infinite and eternal. Jesus, our Creator-Son, is creator and lord over his own creation, but the Universal Father alone is the God of all and over all. This is one view from a higher cosmic perspective given by a group of celestials showing a hierarchy.

However,...if we reduce all to its original essence, of mind, energy, spirit,....only God is God, whether this essence includes personality or not. It just so happens that God does assume a personality, and is the source and father of personality and all personalities.

pj

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Jesus pre-existed His physical birth

A. Jesus actually created the universe in Gen 1:1 (John 1:3, Heb 1:2,8-12; Col 1:16-17)

B. Jesus existed before Abraham who died 2000 BC: John 8:56-58

C. Jesus existed before John the baptist who was six months older than Jesus: John 1:15 + Lk 1:24-26

D. Prophecies before his incarnation into Mary's womb:

He will be called "God with us": Isa 7:14
He will be called, "Mighty God, Eternal Father": Isa 9:6

keypurr

Jesus pre-existed His physical birth

A. Jesus actually created the universe in Gen 1:1 (John 1:3, Heb 1:2,8-12; Col 1:16-17)

B. Jesus existed before Abraham who died 2000 BC: John 8:56-58

C. Jesus existed before John the baptist who was six months older than Jesus: John 1:15 + Lk 1:24-26

D. Prophecies before his incarnation into Mary's womb:

He will be called "God with us": Isa 7:14

He will be called, "Mighty God, Eternal Father": Isa 9:6

Not so, Jesus did not exist before he was born, you have been misled.

The spiritual son Christ existed IN Jesus, Christ was with God at the creation. Christ was God's first creation for he is the express image of the Father. He is a created super spiritual being. God created everything through his son Christ, not Jesus. Jesus was born a man. You do not see the difference between the man Jesus and the spirit Christ that was in him at his baptism.

Tradition will blind you from truth.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Not so, Jesus did not exist before he was born, you have been misled.

The spiritual son Christ existed IN Jesus, Christ was with God at the creation. Christ was God's first creation for he is the express image of the Father. He is a created super spiritual being. God created everything through his son Christ, not Jesus. Jesus was born a man. You do not see the difference between the man Jesus and the spirit Christ that was in him at his baptism.

Tradition will blind you from truth.

Jesus had glory with God before he came down, you have wrongly concluded. We don't have a temp-man God.