Jesus is God !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is because I am not the one trying to rewright the scriptures.

How are we trying to rewrite the scriptures? You have yet to show us how.

This verse speaks of the spirit IN Jesus. That spirit spoke through the body (Jesus) prepared for IT.

You are directly contradicting the scripture RD just posted. Shame on you. You should repent.

Your hopeless, were you home schooled?

Homeschooling educates children FAR better than any other form of schooling. I WISH I was homeschooled, and if I ever have kids, will homeschool them.

Your attempt at insulting RD, because of your poor education, falls flat.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is because I am not the one trying to rewright the scriptures.

Also, did you notice how you avoided everything I said?

No, it does not say, "Only Thee [the Father], the true God."

It says "Thee [the Father], the only true God."

Get it right.

How have you not noticed yet that LITERALLY NO ONE is disputing the meaning of "ONLY", but that you're the ONLY ONE disputing the position of the word ONLY in the verse?

Respond appropriately, please.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Lon

Greetings Right Divider and Lon,
A bit late, aren't you? I bowed out some time ago. Either people listen or they do not. You've been shown why there are problems, all intellectually, and academically challenging and viable. There can be no excuse, you are either reasonable and rational or you are indoctrinated. I'm not really interested in people dedicated to their church, but people dedicated to truth and God.
Just a brief hit and run in this endless repetitive thread, John 17:3 and 1 Corinthians 8:6, Psalm 110:1 and much other Scripture teaches that there is Only One God,
Good! So do we!
Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, by birth, by character and by resurrection.
Yep.
John 10:30-36 clearly teaches that Jesus is the Son of God, not God the Son. Clear as crystal.

Kind regards
Trevor
Let's see:
John 10:30-36
30 I and the Father are one.”
"Is One?" What is your point?

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
There you go, no?

34 Jesus answered them, "No, I never said, that. I said I was the "SON" of God!"

Except He NEVER said that. Would have been a really good answer, no??? Where is TrevorL's honesty???

34 Jesus answered them,“Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[a]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—
Propositional truth given, then He says what it means:
36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?
In other words, He IS claiming to be God! :noway: Awesome, no? Welcome to truthful thinking! We call such people 1) honest and 2) Triune. Welcome aboard!
Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
So not only for being 'God's Son,' but 'God' as well, by Jesus' own argument. You can TRY and show this all in a different light, but it won't work. It is, as you say, this clear.

TrevorL

Greetings again JudgeRightly, Right Divider and Lon,

As I said my purpose was to hit and run, and I will look in again at this thread if it is still running in 3 months. A brief response:
And yet, you won't find one trinitarian who disagrees with any of that.
Really, but I doubt that we agree what these terms represent in actual fact.
Jesus is THE LORD from heaven.
Psalm 110:1 clearly distinguishes between Yahweh and David's Lord.
Let's see: John 10:30-36
Jesus is claiming to be the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Lon

Jesus is claiming to be the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor
EXCEPT He didn't! I JUST showed you that He didn't. I also said those committed to their churches over truth, aren't open to God, just whoever their church says their god is. Do you want to follow god or God? 🤔

Probably your first step is going to have to be to stop attending indoctrination seminars and feel-good board meetings at your local cult (not derogatory) assembly.

beloved57

1Jn 5:20 declares Jesus the Son is the True God,

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Son of God, who is the immediate antecedent to the relative pronoun "this"; he is the true God,

keypurr

The words of Christ are very clear he said ONLY his Father is the true God. It is not I that changes that. Your chained to RCC distortion of truth.

Right Divider

Body part
The words of Christ are very clear he said ONLY his Father is the true God. It is not I that changes that. Your chained to RCC distortion of truth.
No, He did Not. Your repeating it does not change that.
Jesus said that His Father is the only true God.
Jesus did NOT say that only the Father is the true God.
Get it right, old heretic.

Last edited:

keypurr

No, He did Not. Your repeating it does not change that.
Jesus said that His Father is the only true God.
Jesus did NOT say that only the Father is the true God.
Get it right, old heretic.
He said his Father is the ONLY true God. That means exactly what it says. Why do you not see that? You do not wish to see it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

He said his Father is the ONLY true God. That means exactly what it says. Why do you not see that? You do not wish to see it.

Is there some sort of mental disconnect that prevents you from seeing the difference between these two posts?

Cognitive Dissonance, perhaps?

beloved57

Did Isaiah see Jesus Christ as God, the Lord of Hosts in this vision ? Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.

The New Testament scripture gives us light, in that Isaih was actually seeing the Lord Jesus Christ as the Lord of Hosts, who is God Jn 12:39-41

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him. Is not a reference to Isa 6:1-3 when he saw the Glory of the Lord of Hosts ?

John Gill comments:

These things said Esaias,.... Concerning the blinding and hardening of the Jews:
when he saw his glory, and spake of him; when he saw, in a visionary way, the glory of the Messiah in the temple, and the angels covering their faces with their wings at the sight of him; and when he spake of him as the King, the Lord of hosts, whom he had seen, Isaiah 6:1, from whence it is clear that he had respect to the Jews in the times of the Messiah. The prophet says in Isaiah 6:1 that he "saw the Lord": the Targumist renders it, "I saw", , "the glory of Jehovah"; and in Isaiah 6:5 he says, "mine eyes have seen the King", Jehovah, Zebaot, the Lord of hosts; which the Chaldee paraphrase renders, "mine eyes have seen", , "the glory" of the Shekinah, the King of the world, the Lord of hosts. Agreeably to which our Lord says here, that he saw his glory, the glory of his majesty, the glory of his divine nature, the train of his divine perfections, filling the temple of the human nature; and he spoke of him as the true Jehovah, the Lord of hosts; and which therefore is a very clear and strong proof of the proper divinity of Christ. And it may be observed from hence, that such persons who have a true, spiritual, and saving sight of Christ, of the glory of his person, and the fulness of his grace, cannot but be speaking of him to others, either in private, or in public, as Isaiah here did, and as the church in Sol 5:10; and as the apostles of Christ, John 1:1; and indeed, should they hold their peace, the stones would cry out; such must, and will speak of his glory in his temple, Psalm 29:9.