ECT Jesus on trial at the Council

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus were NOT crucified same day of his arrest

the point of this thread is denmostrating - and have been susessfull to the point in which you want to get a divertion - that the trial of Jesus at the Council began in a morning, last a good while, and was resumed a following morning.
I do disagree with you here. I don't see the texts indicating this.

0scar

That would mean Jesus was crucified many days after His arrest. Do you believe that is what was indicated by the gospel accounts?

Yes indeed

Jesus trial at the Counsil took at least too days. First day, the trial extended along the morning hours, when many false witnesses where presented. Finally two false witnesses presented theyr testimony but where found false. At that point, the High Pries interrogate Jesus who declared himself the Christ.
Next morning the Counsil gather again, and decided to send Jesus to Pilate to be crucified.

the point of this thread is denmostrating - and have been susessfull to the point in which you want to get a divertion - that the trial of Jesus at the Council began in a morning, last a good while, and was resumed a following morning.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Without an evening in between and without mention of a new or following morning?

0scar

Matt 27
27 When morning came, all the high priests and elders of the people conspired against Jesus to put him to death. 2 They bound him with chains, led him away, and handed him over to Pontius Pilate, the governor.

Mark 15
15 As soon as it was morning, the high priests convened a meeting with the elders and scribes and the whole Council.[a] They bound Jesus with chains, led him away, and handed him over to Pilate. 2 Pilate asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

0scar

Yes indeed

Jesus trial at the Counsil took at least too days. First day, the trial extended along the morning hours, when many false witnesses where presented. Finally two false witnesses presented theyr testimony but where found false. At that point, the High Pries interrogate Jesus who declared himself the Christ.
Next morning the Counsil gather again, and decided to send Jesus to Pilate to be crucified.

0scar

Without an evening in between and without mention of a new or following morning?

from the day of Jesus baptism to the day of his ascencion, how many days elapsed? would you say none? because in all four Gospels there is not any mention to any "evening in between" or any mention to any "following morning". Does it means that all Jesus ministry hapened ina one and single day?

then... why do yoy expect them mentioned duringb the trials?

TRY AGAIN (it is very funny ashaming your stupidity)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
from the day of Jesus baptism to the day of his ascencion, how many days elapsed? would you say none? because in all four Gospels there is not any mention to any "evening in between" or any mention to any "following morning". Does it means that all Jesus ministry hapened ina one and single day?

then... why do yoy expect them mentioned duringb the trials?

TRY AGAIN (it is very funny ashaming your stupidity)
Jesus died and rose to life again between His baptism and ascension. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
EXACTLY. you have not a tiny clue.
Why would you think there was a day between Jesus' baptism and His ascension? I guess it would be if you do believe that. It seems that this is what you are implying, which is definitely untrue or patently false.

OCTOBER23

OSCAR THE CAT.

JESUS AT THE PASSOVER ON TUESDAY NIGHT

WAS CRUCIFIED ON WEDNESDAY AND PUT IN THE TOMB BY HIS FATHER JOSEPH

JESUS SPENT 3 1/2 DAYS IN THE TOMB AND RAISED JUST BEFORE DAWN
AT THE END OF THE 24 HOUR SABBATH.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
OSCAR THE CAT.

JESUS AT THE PASSOVER ON TUESDAY NIGHT

WAS CRUCIFIED ON WEDNESDAY AND PUT IN THE TOMB BY HIS FATHER JOSEPH

JESUS SPENT 3 1/2 DAYS IN THE TOMB AND RAISED JUST BEFORE DAWN
AT THE END OF THE 24 HOUR SABBATH.

Now....that's a new one!

0scar

Why would you think there was a day between Jesus' baptism and His ascension? I guess it would be if you do believe that. It seems that this is what you are implying, which is definitely untrue or patently false.

according to your criteria the trial to Jesus lasted one day because it is not mention to any evening between days. since there is not mention of any evening between day all along Jesus ministery, you shall conclude, acording to your same criteria, that all his ministery happened in one day.

other wise, the trial lasted several days, the ministery few 100 days, despite of no evenings between mentioned.

0scar

genuineoriginal

Matthew, Mark, Luke nor John mention anything about any "seder meal".
"seder" is a name given to the rituals surrounding the eating of the Passover as recorded in the Haggadah, which dates from the 10th century CE.

The passover meal eaten by Jesus predates the Haggadah by many centuries and does not contain all the elements listed in the Haggadah.

However, the Haggadah was based on the common elements of the rituals that many people followed for the eating of the passover, including the breaking of the matza and the drinking of the wine.

oatmeal

Victor Paul Wierwille is totally wrong, and he is not authority on the matter.
Instead, you will lear a lot by reading me.

You did not read his book, neither do you know how meticulous his research was.

You are missing out on a treasure.

Your loss

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
according to your criteria the trial to Jesus lasted one day because it is not mention to any evening between days. since there is not mention of any evening between day all along Jesus ministery, you shall conclude, acording to your same criteria, that all his ministery happened in one day.

other wise, the trial lasted several days, the ministery few 100 days, despite of no evenings between mentioned.
We are talking about Passover first and maybe the feast of unleavened bread. The Passover was prepared during the day and before sunset (a new day) which commences evening. There there would be a morning which would be the next day from when He was crucified, and would still be the holy day. The point is that that evening of the 15th is considered to be a holy day. Some call it Passover, though Passover is on the 14th. It is still the meal.

That is all I can say on this at this point. I hope how I see it is clear to you.

What I said was that "a new" morning or another morning is not mentioned. I did not say that morning is not mentioned (in this Passion week chronology or harmony of the gospels pertaining to Jesus' death) in another place in the gospels.

0scar

"seder" is a name given to the rituals surrounding the eating of the Passover as recorded in the Haggadah, which dates from the 10th century CE.

The passover meal eaten by Jesus predates the Haggadah by many centuries and does not contain all the elements listed in the Haggadah.

However, the Haggadah was based on the common elements of the rituals that many people followed for the eating of the passover, including the breaking of the matza and the drinking of the wine.

are you telling me that the fact that Jesus eat bread and drink wine is an absolute and totally prove that it was a seder? do you mean that at Passover meal it was eaten unleavened bread or drink wine?

OK. Matt, Mark, and Luke say that on Nisan 14th Jesus instructed Peter and John to prepare Passover. Say that they did prepare Passover. Say that Jesus sat down to eat Passover. But let say that it was actually the seder. The evening of the 15th Jesus was eating with the 12, being alive and free. If Jesus was alive and free the 15th eating seder, of if Jesus was alive and free the 15th eating Passover is not a detail for me. Jesus was alive and free the 15th Nisan.

0scar

You did not read his book, neither do you know how meticulous his research was.

You are missing out on a treasure.

Your loss

does him arrive to the conclusion that Jesus was not crucified the 14th, nor the 15th? if he doesent, then he is wrong. if he wants to defend his position, tell him to participate. otherwise, i recomend you read his book and became his defendant.