ECT Jesus on trial at the Council

0scar

We are talking about Passover first and maybe the feast of unleavened bread. The Passover was prepared during the day and before sunset (a new day) which commences evening. There there would be a morning which would be the next day from when He was crucified, and would still be the holy day. The point is that that evening of the 15th is considered to be a holy day. Some call it Passover, though Passover is on the 14th. It is still the meal.

That is all I can say on this at this point. I hope how I see it is clear to you.

What I said was that "a new" morning or another morning is not mentioned. I did not say that morning is not mentioned (in this Passion week chronology or harmony of the gospels pertaining to Jesus' death) in another place in the gospels.

you claim that from Jesus arrest to Jesus crucifixion it is not mentioned "a new morning", and that seems to be enough for you to believe that all hapened in one and single day.
well... from the baptis to the ascencion it is not mention any "new morning". does it means that all that hapened in a one and single day?

0scar

Jesus trial at the Counsil took at least two days. First day, the trial extended along the morning hours, when many false witnesses where presented. Finally two false witnesses presented theyr testimony but where found false. At that point, the High Pries interrogate Jesus who declared himself the Christ.
Next morning the Counsil gather again, and decided to send Jesus to Pilate to be crucified.

Jesus were NOT crucified same day of his arrest

the point of this thread is denmostrating - and have been susessfull to the point in which you want to get a divertion - that the trial of Jesus at the Council began in a morning, last a good while, and was resumed a following morning.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
you claim that from Jesus arrest to Jesus crucifixion it is not mentioned "a new morning", and that seems to be enough for you to believe that all hapened in one and single day.
well... from the baptis to the ascencion it is not mention any "new morning". does it means that all that hapened in a one and single day?
You have already presented your case which is unfounded. I would guess that the transpiring of more than one day between Jesus' baptism and His ascension would be evident, but you are pretty much claiming you don't see it and insinuating you are just following the logic of someone else, who you claim to be me.

0scar

You have already presented your case which is unfounded. I would guess that the transpiring of more than one day between Jesus' baptism and His ascension would be evident, but you are pretty much claiming you don't see it and insinuating you are just following the logic of someone else, who you claim to be me.

a logic that is not yours?
OK. now you are saying that the fact that the Gospels do not include words as "new morning" marking several days during jesus trial, does not mean at all that those day didnt actually hapens?

0scar

FIRST MOORNING/DAY
Luke22
66 As soon as day came, the elders of the people, the high priests, and the scribes assembled and brought him before their Council.[ac] 67 They said, “If you are the Messiah,[ad] tell us.”
But he told them, “If I tell you, you won’t believe me, 68 and if I ask you a question, you won’t answer me. 69 But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.”[ae]
70 Then they all asked, “Are you, then, the Son of God?”
He answered them, “You said it—I AM.”
71 “Why do we need any more testimony?” they asked. “We have heard it ourselves from his own mouth!”

SECOND MORNING/DAY
Luke 23
1 Then the whole crowd got up and took him to Pilate.

Matt 27
27 When morning came, all the high priests and elders of the people conspired against Jesus to put him to death. 2 They bound him with chains, led him away, and handed him over to Pontius Pilate, the governor.

Mark 15
15 As soon as it was morning, the high priests convened a meeting with the elders and scribes and the whole Council.[a] They bound Jesus with chains, led him away, and handed him over to Pilate. 2 Pilate asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

THAT IS ALREADY TWO MORNINGS AND TWO DAYS

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
a logic that is not yours?
OK. now you are saying that the fact that the Gospels do not include words as "new morning" marking several days during jesus trial, does not mean at all that those day didnt actually hapens?
Are are putting the accounts together and when it says morning you are saying in at least one instance that it is not the same day.

0scar

yeah, yeah, blah blah blah

Back To Topic

FIRST MOORNING/DAY
Luke22
66 As soon as day came, the elders of the people, the high priests, and the scribes assembled and brought him before their Council.[ac] 67 They said, “If you are the Messiah,[ad] tell us.”
But he told them, “If I tell you, you won’t believe me, 68 and if I ask you a question, you won’t answer me. 69 But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.”[ae]
70 Then they all asked, “Are you, then, the Son of God?”
He answered them, “You said it—I AM.”
71 “Why do we need any more testimony?” they asked. “We have heard it ourselves from his own mouth!”

SECOND MORNING/DAY
Luke 23
1 Then the whole crowd got up and took him to Pilate.

Matt 27
27 When morning came, all the high priests and elders of the people conspired against Jesus to put him to death. 2 They bound him with chains, led him away, and handed him over to Pontius Pilate, the governor.

Mark 15
15 As soon as it was morning, the high priests convened a meeting with the elders and scribes and the whole Council.[a] They bound Jesus with chains, led him away, and handed him over to Pilate. 2 Pilate asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

THAT IS ALREADY TWO MORNINGS AND TWO DAYS

0scar

THE VERY LONG TRIAL AT THE COUNCIL

Matt 26
59 Meanwhile, the high priests and the whole Council were looking for false testimony against Jesus in order to have him put to death. 60 But they couldn’t find any, even though many false witnesses had come forward. At last two men came forward 61 and stated, “This man said, ‘I can destroy the sanctuary of God and rebuild it in three days.’”
62 At this, the high priest stood up and asked him, “Don’t you have any answer to what these men are testifying against you?” 63 But Jesus was silent. Then the high priest told him, “I command you by the living God to tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God!”
64 Jesus told him, “You have said so. Nevertheless I tell you, from now on you will see ‘the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power’ and ‘coming on the clouds of heaven.’”
65 Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! Why do we still need witnesses? Listen! You yourselves have just heard the blasphemy! 66 What is your verdict?”
They replied, “He deserves to die!”
67 Then they spit in his face and hit him. Some slapped him, 68 saying, “Prophesy to us, you Messiah! Who is the one who hit you?”

0scar

The first day of trial at the Council hapens dyruing the morning hours. All of it during daylight hours. And it was a long, very long trial, in which many witnesses where call.

The second day of trial at the Council hapens also in the morning, being already daylight hour. Only that it was very short and consisted in deciding to take Jesus to Pilate.

0scar

Carnaval and Eastern, 2 catholic traditional festivities are aproaching. We must be aware and do not confuse the Catholic tradition with the real Gospel account of the Pasion of our Christ. That is our responsability.

0scar

Jesus was arrested in the evening after sunset, after a meal with His disciples... not before.

Jesus was not arrested in the evening... not according with the Gospels. What you are refering to is to the christian tradition that has not point in common with the actual Pasion as we read in the Gospels. Jesus was arrested near sunrise.