Justification by Faith !

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosixx

The context of that passage is explained here:

1Cor 9:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:14) Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, I've been busy remodeling a flooded house.

While working I've been thinking about your comments on context and I don't see how it works. Paul is saying he has a right to receive material compensation as a preacher of the gospel. He forfeits that right for a better reward.
18 What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel.

Could you show me from your perspective how that applies to what he says here about disciplining his body and even after preaching to others possibly being disqualified?
9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Thanks

Right Divider

Body part
Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, I've been busy remodeling a flooded house.
Sorry to hear that.

While working I've been thinking about your comments on context and I don't see how it works. Paul is saying he has a right to receive material compensation as a preacher of the gospel. He forfeits that right for a better reward.
18 What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel.

Could you show me from your perspective how that applies to what he says here about disciplining his body and even after preaching to others possibly being disqualified?
9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Thanks
Since we know that eternal life is not a reward, we know that he is not talking about "winning" eternal life.

Eph 2:4-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If we are made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, do you think that we will be kicked out if we don't "win the race"?

There is only one winner in a race. Does everyone else lose their salvation?

The "disqualification" is about service and not salvation.

beloved57

Justification by Faith is when through the Gospel, the born again elect have their free justification declared to their mind for recognition/realization. They are made aware of having been made righteous and forgiven. Paul would preach to them the forgiveness of sins Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: or Justification !

Nanja

Justification by Faith is when through the Gospel, the born again elect have their free justification declared to their mind for recognition/realization. They are made aware of having been made righteous and forgiven. Paul would preach to them the forgiveness of sins Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: or Justification !

Amen Brother ! Because all God's elect Legally had all their sins forgiven Eph. 1:4-7 from Everlasting; having been laid upon their Surety Heb. 7:22 Christ Jesus in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Mat. 26:28; Heb. 13:20, they all without exception, through the preaching of the Gospel, shall be given a New Heart in time, in New Birth John 3:3, and given Faith so that they be made experimentally aware of their Justification / forgiveness from all sin Rom. 3:24.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his [elect] people by the remission of their sins,

beloved57

Amen Brother ! Because all God's elect Legally had all their sins forgiven Eph. 1:4-7 from Everlasting; having been laid upon their Surety Heb. 7:22 Christ Jesus in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Mat. 26:28; Heb. 13:20, they all without exception, through the preaching of the Gospel, shall be given a New Heart in time, in New Birth John 3:3, and given Faith so that they be made experimentally aware of their Justification / forgiveness from all sin Rom. 3:24.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his [elect] people by the remission of their sins,

Amen Sister!

God's Truth

Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified*by*faith.

Now what is it to be Justified by Faith? It's one or two things #1 Its to be Justified by His Faith/Faithfulness, meaning Jesus Christ, its the Faith of Jesus Christ. #2 It's when that Justification by Christ is declared or pronounced in the conscience of the already Justified.

It's never meaning that faith is a condition we must act in order to get Justified before God, cause that overthrows Justification before God based solely upon the Person and Work of Jesus Christ , what He did for the Justified. Then it becomes justification by our works, a false gospel!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

You are so wrong.

In the old law times, a person was justified by doing the purification works of the law.

In the new testament we are justified by having faith that Jesus purifies us.

beloved57

You are so wrong.

In the old law times, a person was justified by doing the purification works of the law.

In the new testament we are justified by having faith that Jesus purifies us.

False teaching. Abraham and David were Justified the same way Paul was Rom 4:1-8

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

God's Truth

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Abraham HAD to get circumcised in the flesh or he would not be in the covenant with God.

David being forgiven by repenting and asking was a sign to what was coming through Jesus.

Still, David had to obey the purification works of the law.

beloved57

When the Scriptures speak of justification by faith[Rom 5:1], they are speaking of faith’s welcoming of the finished work of Christ, not of faith’s contributing to it and finalization of it. It is this recognition of Christ and his finished work as our all-sufficient, effectual Substitute and Savior by which our hearts and minds are reconciled to God. Sinners are not judicially acquitted by their faith, but by the blood/death of Christ[Rom 5:9]. We simply receive the knowledge of that pardon[Lk 1:77] and the peace that knowledge brings by faith in Christ [Rom15:13 ]

Nanja

When the Scriptures speak of justification by faith[Rom 5:1], they are speaking of faith’s welcoming of the finished work of Christ, not of faith’s contributing to it and finalization of it. It is this recognition of Christ and his finished work as our all-sufficient, effectual Substitute and Savior by which our hearts and minds are reconciled to God. Sinners are not judicially acquitted by their faith, but by the blood/death of Christ[Rom 5:9]. We simply receive the knowledge of that pardon[Lk 1:77] and the peace that knowledge brings by faith in Christ [Rom15:13 ]

Amen Brother, succinctly stated !

Status
Not open for further replies.