Kent Hovind is Free

Selaphiel

So you don't believe Genesis to be a historical account?

No, I do not. Certainly not the creation stories. Sadly many seems to think that not viewing Genesis as a historical account is the equivalent of saying that it is not true.

Cruciform

I don't hate Kent Hovind. I simply think he is a snake oil salesman peddling willful ignorance in the form of creationism to the gullible, and charges well for it as well it seems. Teaching adults that should know better to believe in in nonsense like creationism isn't exactly admirable.

And why is Joel Osteen the alternative? His prosperity gospel is every bit as repugnant. I'm perfectly fine with not being associated with any of them.
:thumb:​

StanJ

Perhaps you are referring to Romans 13?

Its obvious that Romans the letter has been heavily edited,
and composed of several earlier letters.

Chapter 13 is very suspect,
and I would suggest was either:

(1) Added by despots like Constantine etc. to force a certain brand of
"Roman Law abiding" Christianity upon Christians generally, or

(2) Placed by Paul as a smokescreen to protect a vulnerable underground movement
from accusations of subversion and/or treason.

But that is what most scholars also have said time and time again.

I have a book here on the textual history of Romans and its quite an eye-opener. And its a very conservative book, not any kind of
'radical criticism' of Romans.

Similarly, 1st Corinthians is really 2nd Corinthians,
and is actually a composite of several letters by Paul.
2nd Corinthians would actually be 3rd or 4th Corinthians,
if you're counting.

Well you definitely have Hovind's style down pat. Now how about some actuals facts WITH citations. Many people try to discredit Paul, but he never has been.
IF you're not going to accept and use the Bible that we do have, then how can you possibly be so dedicated to YEC?

HisServant

more amazing prophecies from our new prophet.

Guess we'll see how they hold up.

I'm not the one that has a HISTORY of prophecies that have not come to pass... like you guys.

When 2028 comes around and Hovind's prophesy is shown to be false will you stop following him?... or will you continue along in your delusions.

We can add him to the other list of false prophets like..

Jack Van Impe
Ronald Weinland
Harold Camping
James Harmston
Isaac Newton
Edgar Cayce
Timothy Dwight IV
Ed Dobson
Jerry Fallwell
Edgar C Whicenant
Bengamin Creme
Herbert W Armstrong