Kerry's Acceptance Speech

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Not many on this thread appear to be ashamed of the quality of argument and the depth of childishness I have seen so far.

Not much critical thinking and pointed observations on Kerry's acceptance speech, that's for sure!

What it is about this juvenile photo shop display that promotes Christian values and American political ideals like goodness, morality, rectitude amd virtue?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by aikido7

Not many on this thread appear to be ashamed of the quality of argument and the depth of childishness I have seen so far.

No, we are not ashamed of you, we understand your limitations.

Not much critical thinking and pointed observations on Kerry's acceptance speech, that's for sure!

What would you like to talk about? It was an hour long speech! Did you watch Kerry give it?

What it is about this juvenile photo shop display that promotes Christian values and American political ideals like goodness, morality, rectitude amd virtue?

It's not meant to do any of those things, it's all about 'comedy'. Of course, my witty captions are a reflection of reality, maybe that is what bothers you the most. Think! :think:

:bannana:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It's not meant to do any of those things, it's all about 'comedy'. Of course, my witty captions are a reflection of reality, maybe that is what bothers you the most. Think!

The invasion of Iraq and the Bush doctrine and strategy has fomented more terrorism and has not made anything safer.

Bush has not meant to do any of those things by the war in Iraq. It was all about finding WMDs, then finding evidence of the WMD programs, then "liberating the Iraqi people," then "ending the regime of a brutal dictator" and finally--again in Bush's recent words--"making the world safer."

These clever and repetitive GOP talking points only served to get us to ask the wrong questions, and that's what bothers ME the most. Once they do that, they don't have to really care about answers.

Your witty, clever and repetitive display hijacks our critical awareness down the wrong road. And you and Sozo are not the only ones.

That bothers me, too.

TheMindVillage

Hmmmm...

Hmmmm...

Not very Christian or loving...I think you misrepresent Christian principles by being so incredibly infantile and nasty. Too bad...so many people are turned off by this religious and political fanaticism...

As if you all who 'hate' Kerry are moral crusaders with a monopoly on the truth.

How dare you.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by aikido7

The invasion of Iraq and the Bush doctrine and strategy has fomented more terrorism and has not made anything safer.

Terrorism is caused by terrorists! :doh:

Bush has not meant to do any of those things by the war in Iraq. It was all about finding WMDs, then finding evidence of the WMD programs, then "liberating the Iraqi people," then "ending the regime of a brutal dictator" and finally--again in Bush's recent words--"making the world safer."

This is a 'War on Terror', that has always been the premise for the Iraqi liberation.

Your witty, clever and repetitive display hijacks our critical awareness down the wrong road. And you and Sozo are not the only ones.

That bothers me, too.

If you people are so simple that a couple of Herman Munster pictures 'hijacks your critical awareness', then we are all doomed.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Re: Hmmmm...

Re: Hmmmm...

Originally posted by TheMindVillage

Not very Christian or loving...

What isn't?

I think you misrepresent Christian principles by being so incredibly infantile and nasty.

This thread has nothing to do with Christian principals, it exists to make jokes about a particular Presidential Candidate and the Party that nominated him.

Too bad...so many people are turned off by this religious and political fanaticism...

Then they don't belong at TOL.

As if you all who 'hate' Kerry are moral crusaders with a monopoly on the truth.

Yep! :bannana:

How dare you.

Dare? Are you kidding? This is nothing! :devil:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Kerry's Acceptance Speech

Originally posted by BillyBob

I, John Kerry ....blah blah blah.....Viet Nam ........blah blah blah ........I'm a commie ........blah blah blah .........Viet Nam .........blah blah blah ..........Viet Nam ..........blah blah blah ........Viet Nam ...........blah blah blah .........I'm a commie ......blah blah blah .........Viet Nam .......blah blah blah ......Viet Nam .......blah.
I thought liberals were against the Vietnam war. Wha' happened?

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Re: Re: Kerry's Acceptance Speech

Re: Re: Kerry's Acceptance Speech

Originally posted by Turbo

I thought liberals were against the Vietnam war. Wha' happened?

Exactly! Kerry is a self admitted war criminal, guilty of killing women and children, burning villages and shooting in 'free fire' zones.

Somehow, all of this is suddenly OK for the Party who hates the military and especially the Viet Nam War.

Should we remind them that a Democrat got us into that war and a Republican got us out? :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cattyfan

apparently there are a number of people who don't understand that not everything has to be a deadly serious discussion, and sometimes the best political commentary is done through satire. Ever notice those political cartoons and comic strips on the op/ed pages of a newspaper? they serve the same function, using the same techniques.

What a bunch of humorless blowhards. No wonder they like Kerry....