Let the abuse begin

This Charming Manc

hmm I live in have lived in system with high gun control 45 years and have never encountered a criminal with a gun.

I lived in a country with laxer gun control laws for 12 months and got shot at.

Its only my story but its more evidence based that your assertions.

If you want to see what a countries with gun control look like, dig into the stats without me or gun nit telling you what they say.

Generally you dont find they are full of criminals running round with guns.

The problem ... is that TCM wishes to have guns confiscated from ALL gun owners even though he knows that would mean homeowners would be at the mercy of a person breaking into their home.

He also knows that CRIMINALS would still have access to guns because ... they do not abide by the law.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hmm I live in have lived in system with high gun control 45 years and have never encountered a criminal with a gun.

I lived in a country with laxer gun control laws for 12 months and got shot at.

Its only my story but its more evidence based that your assertions.

I have lived in America for over half of a century ... and never been shot at. A gun in close proximity yet I have never shot anyone.

So again, your *point* is not relevant. Don't wish to have a gun, don't buy one.

gcthomas

It wouldn't stop with rocks. Then it's marbles, then the banana aimed like a "gun."

Why wouldn't it stop there? I don't know of any school that has banned marbles and bananas, even though all kids hefting rocks there will rightly trigger some intervention.

Slippery slope arguments are feeble without some supporting reason.

1PeaceMaker

Why wouldn't it stop there? I don't know of any school that has banned marbles and bananas, even though all kids hefting rocks there will rightly trigger some intervention.

Slippery slope arguments are feeble without some supporting reason.

Does someone need to hit you in the head with a marble to get my point?

Also "all kids hefting rocks" do not trigger intervention; you made that up. Kids on a playground can use rocks (where they exist) for peaceful purposes (building tiny towers, etc).

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I have lived in America for over half of a century ... and never been shot at. A gun in close proximity yet I have never shot anyone.

So again, your *point* is not relevant. Don't wish to have a gun, don't buy one.

Well said...

This Charming Manc

Its not less relevant just that you have had different experiences of gun based cultures than I have.

The point I was trying to make (maybe badly) is that you have had no experience of low gun cultures and how they work.

Yet you keep repeating the assertion that gun control means than law abiding citizens have guns and criminals have lots of guns.

This isn't supported by either the evidence or experience in the many countries which run with this policy.

America doesn't need to try to imagine a situation where gun control is in operation, it can observe how it works in many different countries.

The claim that in those countries criminals regularly attack and threaten law abiding citizens with guns is just in not support by experience or evidence.

I know a considerable number of cross cultural people who have encountered and live within both systems, I am not aware of one of them who is in favour of the american system on gun rights/control.