Life through the eyes of another

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned

I read comics when I was a boy and TV show’s and moves ever since. I have found myself playing the part of one of the characters and looking at life through their eyes. These experiences have helped me understand life from points of view I had never considered before. Since my memory at my old age is so poor I can watch these shows again and experience the life of another character as if I was that person too.

Have you ever watched an episode of fiction and played the part of one of these characters too or the experience changed you in some way or another?

Aimiel

I read every adventure novel of a youth author who wrote about the adventures of a wildlife photographer while I was in grade school and experienced life through his eyes. I grew to enjoy Boy Scouts more, became enthused about photography and got my own darkroom and feel that I enjoy outdoors more because of reading those books; and also came to love reading from devouring these, Marvel comics and Mad magazines. My dad talked my mom into letting him buy me comics and I know I learned a lot of my vocabulary from them. Stan Lee was a genius, IMHO. Dad read just about every UFO book that was published. I'm a devout skeptic, though; even though I've read more than a few.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
I believe our third person conscious view of life didn’t begin with TV or movies or even books, we’ve been doing this sort of things for a very long time—

The earliest known production of the Shakespearean 2 Henry VI was on 23 April 1864 at the Surrey Theatre, directed by James Anderson.[43]
https://tinyurl.com/y5cuwjfw

I am sure others here can come up with a few examples as well.
Anyone care to give it a shot?

Aimiel

I am sure others here can come up with a few examples as well.
Anyone care to give it a shot?
Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I read comics when I was a boy and TV show’s and moves ever since. I have found myself playing the part of one of the characters and looking at life through their eyes. These experiences have helped me understand life from points of view I had never considered before. Since my memory at my old age is so poor I can watch these shows again and experience the life of another character as if I was that person too.

Have you ever watched an episode of fiction and played the part of one of these characters too or the experience changed you in some way or another?

When I see a spider I like to play the part of the Terminator.

"I'll be back.... with a blow torch!"