ECT Limited Atonement is a false gospel

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Arminian theology and Calvinist theology are both wrong.
Maybe you are too busy focusing on Arminian boogeymen to look at scripture?

This lie comes from the pit of hell and not from the Bible.

There is nothing Biblical about this.

Yes, that is what the Bible says.

A debt transferred from one person to another is still a debt that must be repaid or forgiven.

When Jesus died for all the sins of all men, He bought the debts of all men.
Now all men owe Jesus the debt for sin instead of owing the debt for sin to the Father.
So, instead of the Father choosing whose sins will be forgiven, Jesus now has the power to forgive the sins for whosoever He will.

This does not mean that Jesus has to forgive the debts of everyone (universal salvation).
Jesus still has requirements for people to follow before He will forgive their debt.
Jesus will not forgive the sins of anyone that does not meet His requirements.

You must be jesting . . .

revpete

Interesting..... Could you explain please how we are saved by Jesus' life? What exactly is Paul saying here?

Blessings: Pete 👤

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A debt transferred from one person to another is still a debt that must be repaid or forgiven.

When Jesus died for all the sins of all men, He bought the debts of all men.
Now all men owe Jesus the debt for sin instead of owing the debt for sin to the Father.
So, instead of the Father choosing whose sins will be forgiven, Jesus now has the power to forgive the sins for whosoever He will.

This does not mean that Jesus has to forgive the debts of everyone (universal salvation).
Jesus still has requirements for people to follow before He will forgive their debt.
Jesus will not forgive the sins of anyone that does not meet His requirements.

Exactly, and the debt of the sinner can be re-imposed upon him--

Mat 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
Mat 18:24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
Mat 18:25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
Mat 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
Mat 18:28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
Mat 18:29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
Mat 18:31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Mat 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Mat 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Eze 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
Eze 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
Eze 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
Eze 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

LA

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Interesting..... Could you explain please how we are saved by Jesus' life? What exactly is Paul saying here?

Blessings: Pete ��

Depends on who we is.

If you think He is waiting for you to choose on your own, nothing will happen.

God doesn't need to wait for you.

God does the choosing, not you. If you choose, you'll be boasting.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Blessings: Pete ��

We are dead because of Adam.

He died because we are dead.

He was raised back to life. He is alive.

We are baptized into Christ, we are baptized into his death. We are also then raised up with him. We are in him, hence he have his life. That is salvation. We have moved from death to life because of his actions.

Romans 5:18

musterion

What Nick said.

God views man in one of two ways. We are placed into Christ, or we are still in Adam where we were born. No middle ground. Can't be both. It's one or the other.

Think of Christ as the ark...within was life and salvation. Outside, nothing but judgment and death. That's how it is today. Most on TOL don't like that fact and prefer to build their own arks, but it's really just that simple.

Either we've been given the life of Christ or we haven't. If we haven't believed the Gospel of the grace of God, we don't have Him. More accurately, He doesn't have us.

genuineoriginal

If you think He is waiting for you to choose on your own, nothing will happen.

God doesn't need to wait for you.
God doesn't need to do anything, nor can He be obligated to do anything

However, Calvinists often overlook what God says He does because it does not fit their belief in what they wanted God to do instead.

Isaiah 65:2 NASB)
2 “I have spread out My hands all day long to a rebellious people,
Who walk in the way which is not good, following their own thoughts,

beloved57

tb

only some men (i.e., God’s elect) will be saved and go to heaven. This is simply biblical Christianity; that Christ actually achieved the salvation of all of God’s elect. The non-elect are passed by and perish.

go

There is nothing Biblical about this.

Yes it is in the bible, The Bible has Testified to the fact that God has promised Salvation in the Lord to only one people, that being Israel, His Elect Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

When Christ died and was risen, it was in accordance to God's Promise to save Israel, and so He is a Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Jesus is a Saviour unto Israel, thats it ! And Israel here has absolutely nothing to do with ethnic jews , its a Spiritual Israel where ethnicity is not considered !

nikolai_42

It's been years since I was tempted to believe the blood of Christ was shed only for a presumably small minority of humanity, and even now I still can't get my mind and soul wrapped around the idea that some people are convinced that that is good news, or how God is good when He could have just as well shed it for all. I guess there's just some things I wasn't mean to understand.

Honestly asking here...do you believe that there are some (whoever and however many they be) that would never be saved in any scenario that rejects utterly Sovereign predestination? That no matter what God does (short of changing them and saving them against their will), they will never come to Him? If so, how is the gospel good news for them?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God doesn't need to do anything, nor can He be obligated to do anything

However, Calvinists often overlook what God says He does because it does not fit their belief in what they wanted God to do instead.

Isaiah 65:2 NASB)
2 “I have spread out My hands all day long to a rebellious people,
Who walk in the way which is not good, following their own thoughts,

"I have spread out My hands all day long to a rebellious people who walk in a way which is not good, following their own thoughts"

God could say the same of the freewill believing church.