LMOHM Comes to America

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Cool LMOHM! I'm sure you can find lots to do. I was in Chicago once because my brother used to live there. Your friend will help you know what to do there but a couple fun things I did while I was there was Navy Pier and at night go up to a restaurant at the top of one of the skyscrapers (maybe Sears Tower?). It was really cool to go up and see the city at night.

If you want to see Amish you could come to my stomping grounds. :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'll be there from the 23rd June to the 8th July so I'll have two weeks. As for the budget, I'll be able to work that out properly in April. I should be able to afford a couple of cheap journeys out there.

Great timing. You can celebrate our independence from you! :devil:

lovemeorhateme

The Cubs will be playing the Reds on the 4th, 5th and 6th of July. If you go on the fourth of July it will probably be even more entertaining: that's U.S. Independence Day.

Let us know the states you plan to visit as you decide. You may end up meeting some of us. :)

Haha, so as kmoney just said I can come and celebrate your independence from us! I hadn't thought about it being Independence Day while I'm there. I guess it will be another part of the cultural experience! :D

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

When I was in England, I tried bangers and mash. :)

And the beer overseas seemed better to me, especially the Swiss and German brews. :idunno:

Bangers and mash with lots of onion gravy makes for a great meal! Did you also have a full English breakfast, a roast dinner and fish and chips? :chew:

Good American beers for you to try while you're here.... :think:

Fat Tire is pretty good. Maybe others will make recommendations.

Thanks, I shall bear that in mind. :)

lovemeorhateme

If you're looking for beer, be sure and make it a microbrewery- we have tons of them, and they are the best!

I'll look some up in the Chicago area. I do like beers from local breweries. We have quite a few microbreweries in the UK. I'd say that's true local beer. :cheers:

lovemeorhateme

Cool LMOHM! I'm sure you can find lots to do. I was in Chicago once because my brother used to live there. Your friend will help you know what to do there but a couple fun things I did while I was there was Navy Pier and at night go up to a restaurant at the top of one of the skyscrapers (maybe Sears Tower?). It was really cool to go up and see the city at night.

If you want to see Amish you could come to my stomping grounds. :eek:

Thanks for the idea there. I think going up the Sears Tower would be great day or night, but there's something I particularly enjoy about seeing great cityscapes illuminated at night. Budapest earlier this month was by far the most stunning city I've seen at night so far.

Where are your stomping grounds? I wasn't planning on time travel. ;)

Great timing. You can celebrate our independence from you! :devil:

Didn't I tell you, I'm on a secret mission to come and repossess the USA? :devil:

elohiym

Haha, so as kmoney just said I can come and celebrate your independence from us! I hadn't thought about it being Independence Day while I'm there. I guess it will be another part of the cultural experience! :D

It makes your trip even more special, considering the history.

Bangers and mash with lots of onion gravy makes for a great meal! Did you also have a full English breakfast, a roast dinner and fish and chips? :chew:

If I recall correctly, I went full tourist. :D

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am also one to recommend baseball. Loads of fun. The US also has a lot of open space compared to the UK.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you're coming down (from Chicago) to visit me, I can take you to the Creation Museum, if you want. That's about fifty miles from me, give or take.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's finally happening! After years of saying that I would come and visit the USA, this June I will be crossing the pond in a flying tin can to land in Chicago. I'll be staying with a friend there for two weeks and look forward to experiencing this great country of yours first hand.

I was just wondering if there are any places you recommend I see or things you recommend I do whilst in the US? Also, if any TOLers are interested in meeting me then please do let me know. It would be great to see some of you!

:cheers:
That's so cool!
I hope you get to meet several TOL members.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's finally happening! After years of saying that I would come and visit the USA, this June I will be crossing the pond in a flying tin can to land in Chicago. I'll be staying with a friend there for two weeks and look forward to experiencing this great country of yours first hand.

I was just wondering if there are any places you recommend I see or things you recommend I do whilst in the US? Also, if any TOLers are interested in meeting me then please do let me know. It would be great to see some of you!

If you come to San Antonio, Texas, let me know so we can have a chat.:)

But I won't do visiting places. I am not interested in sight seeing.

Mark M

Congratulations! I just found out how to go to the first post on tap-a-talk. By all means try to see a Cubs baseball game at historic Wrigley Field!

Mark M

I'll be there from the 23rd June to the 8th July so I'll have two weeks. As for the budget, I'll be able to work that out properly in April. I should be able to afford a couple of cheap journeys out there.

I'm only 5 or 6 hours from Chicago I think