LMOHM Comes to America

bybee

It's finally happening! After years of saying that I would come and visit the USA, this June I will be crossing the pond in a flying tin can to land in Chicago. I'll be staying with a friend there for two weeks and look forward to experiencing this great country of yours first hand.

I was just wondering if there are any places you recommend I see or things you recommend I do whilst in the US? Also, if any TOLers are interested in meeting me then please do let me know. It would be great to see some of you!

:cheers:

I'm in Minnesota, about 6 hours or so from Chicago. I'd love to meet you if that could be worked into your itinerary. I'll send you my gmail address and you may let me know if it will work out for you.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the idea there. I think going up the Sears Tower would be great day or night, but there's something I particularly enjoy about seeing great cityscapes illuminated at night. Budapest earlier this month was by far the most stunning city I've seen at night so far.
Cool. :up:

Where are your stomping grounds? I wasn't planning on time travel. ;)
Pennsylvania. About 90 minutes west of Philadelphia.

Didn't I tell you, I'm on a secret mission to come and repossess the USA? :devil:
:noid:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Stay safe, pete

143455d1421803541-what-worst-town-city-you-have-chicago-neighborhoods-crime-map_.jpg

lovemeorhateme

I am also one to recommend baseball. Loads of fun. The US also has a lot of open space compared to the UK.

Awesome. It seems the general consensus here is that I check out a baseball game so I will try and work that into my itinerary. Of course, you have a far bigger country and even with a larger population the population density is far less than the UK. I look forward to checking out some of the awesome scenery and countryside out there!

Mark M

Awesome. It seems the general consensus here is that I check out a baseball game so I will try and work that into my itinerary. Of course, you have a far bigger country and even with a larger population the population density is far less than the UK. I look forward to checking out some of the awesome scenery and countryside out there!

Illinois has some awesome scenery and countryside

lovemeorhateme

That's so cool!
I hope you get to meet several TOL members.

Thanks, Tam. It will be great to get the chance to meet some TOL members in the US. So far I've only met Turbo and his wife, close to ten years ago now when Turbo was in the UK for work. It would be great to meet more of you! :)

lovemeorhateme

I'm in Minnesota, about 6 hours or so from Chicago. I'd love to meet you if that could be worked into your itinerary. I'll send you my gmail address and you may let me know if it will work out for you.

Thanks, Bybee. I've got your message now and will reply to it shortly. It would be great to meet you if we can work it out. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's finally happening! After years of saying that I would come and visit the USA, this June I will be crossing the pond in a flying tin can to land in Chicago. I'll be staying with a friend there for two weeks and look forward to experiencing this great country of yours first hand.

I was just wondering if there are any places you recommend I see or things you recommend I do whilst in the US? Also, if any TOLers are interested in meeting me then please do let me know. It would be great to see some of you!

:cheers:
WE hope you made it safely here and we hope you are enjoying the USA !!!

lovemeorhateme

That's good to hear !! You're gonna love it as long as you don't see any terrorists

Thanks, I think it will be a great experience to see how you all live on the other side of the pond. I'm going to be there for two weeks, so hopefully I'll get a feel of American life and culture. As for terrorists, I sure hope I don't! :noid:

For some reason I thought your trip would be early June. Late June is even better !!

I had to wait for my end of year exams to finish first, so booked the holiday to start a couple of weeks after them.

It's going to be hot in Chicago -

I was looking at the weather forecast for Chicago just the other day. Some of those temperatures didn't look so inviting. I think I might just melt!