Lying is no big deal... ask Brian Williams

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
This is SOOOOO hypocritical . Right-wingers are at least as prone to lying as liberals, probably even more so . Fox (Faux) News isn't
news - it's nothing but right-wing propaganda, and they aren't even honest enough there to admit this .
President is far more lied about than a liar , yet he is constantly accused of lying by the irght . They make Brian Williams look like a
rank amateur when it comes to lying .
Homophobic right-wing bigots constantly rehash lies about gay people supposedly being pedophiles as a whole despite the fact that the overhwelming majority of pedophiles are heterosexual . And being out to "recruit" children into their "homosexual lifestyle", even though
you can no more make someone gay than you can make someone left-handed .
George W Bush and Dick Cheney are probably the biggest and worst liars in world history . They used the lie about Saddam Hussein being responsible for 9/11 and having weapons of mass destruction
in order to start the illegal, immoral, futile, unconstitutional and catastrophic Iraw war, and Cheney's corporation Halliburton made 40 billion in profits after 4,000 US tropps died needlessly and 200,000 innocent Iraqis killed and the entire nation debvastated to
staggering degree . In addtiion, they wasted trillions of dollars on this mess which could have been used for desperately needed domestic projects such as rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure,
protecting the environment, improving our schools etc .
Bill Clointon was impeached for a trifling sexual peccadillo and these two criminals and war profiteers are still enjoying their filthy wealth and not in jail for life .
This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to lies by GOP politicians . Pot, meet kettle !

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yeh, Brian Williams, Man of a thousand Pinnochios

That man should be FIRED. Of course, maybe he basically is fired... Why would NBC have him back when his 6 months vacation... OOPS... "leave" is up?

But he should be officially FIRED

Otherwise, we just get another of the thousands of examples of LIBS LYING

But that's like saying birds flying

yeh, I know, that's rhyming...

:plain:

So anyway, since when did lying become a blase' offense?

well, easy to answer: when lefties gained power in 08

If some local broadcaster made up stories like that... well, u know the rest

What if a district attorney lied in court?

What if a food inspector lied about some chemical not being in food or

just whatever...

but b/c Williams is "likeable" he gets a pass...

:jawdrop:

Why do you think we are often all-too-willing to give ourselves a "pass" when we clearly transgress?

Why do you think we tend to focus solely on our good intentions and seem to ignore the not-so-good EFFECTS of those "good intentions."

I think the answers would be quite revealing. I am not proud of the times I have given myself a "ticket out" from some sinful action I commit against other people.

I realize that Jesus mandates that we forgive others. I guess I often have problems forgiving myself--even though I feel I trust in God.

republicanchick

Why do you think we are often all-too-willing to give ourselves a "pass" when we clearly transgress?

Why do you think we tend to focus solely on our good intentions and seem to ignore the not-so-good EFFECTS of those "good intentions."

I think the answers would be quite revealing. I am not proud of the times I have given myself a "ticket out" from some sinful action I commit against other people.

I realize that Jesus mandates that we forgive others. I guess I often have problems forgiving myself--even though I feel I trust in God.

yeh, this post seems to be all over the place.. could you re-write it so that the main point comes out clearly?

:confused:

republicanchick

now it's time for Lying is No Big Deal Part II

that Rachel chick passing herself off as Black

liars... the libs just never quit.

The Word, which they do not tend to read much, of course... says Do not bear false witess

Then Revelation says that liars will have their part in the Lake of fire

But i guess they don't believe in all that Bible stuff... hmmm.... guess they think God is like them or something, assuming they believe in God at all

++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
yeh, this post seems to be all over the place.. could you re-write it so that the main point comes out clearly?

:confused:
I am wondering why we find it hard to recognize and deal with honestly facing our own lies and dishonesty instead of feeling superior (as I sometimes do!) pointing out the dishonesty and lies in other folks.

republicanchick

I am wondering why we find it hard to recognize and deal with honestly facing our own lies and dishonesty instead of feeling superior (as I sometimes do!) pointing out the dishonesty and lies in other folks.

I never went on national TV and made up stories with the hope that ppl would beleve me b/c my ego is just huge and i have to look like someone i am not...

If you have done that, well, good if you say you repented... I'm not going to repent of something i did not do

++

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
now it's time for Lying is No Big Deal Part II

that Rachel chick passing herself off as Black

liars... the libs just never quit.
:think: Maybe you should show them how it's done.

The Word, which they do not tend to read much, of course... says Do not bear false witess
Witess? Did you mean to write witness or whiteness? :plain: I know, but I'm not assuming with you.

Lying is always a bad idea when the point is to elevate ourselves. A while back someone started talking about IQ and I'd never seen so many geniuses outside of a Mensa meeting. Now the chances are a few of those people weren't being entirely honest. Which is only to say that there's something in the human condition that often leads to puffing up a thing. So the walk to school as a child becomes one uphill both ways and in the snow...even in Florida. It's not a liberal thing or a conservative thing, it's a human thing and at some point we all have likely found ourselves fudging the margins.

Hopefully at some point we realize the pointlessness of that behavior.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I never went on national TV and made up stories with the hope that ppl would beleve me b/c my ego is just huge and i have to look like someone i am not...

If you have done that, well, good if you say you repented... I'm not going to repent of something i did not do

++
Apparently you are incapable of self-reflection and self-criticism. I have found that this is how sociopaths behave.

You are implying you never lie. That seems to be the statement of a child who is using immature excuses to avoid taking responsibility for her behavior.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If you are serious about communicating with others, it's more helpful not to call names or affix labels. It just provokes defensiveness and anger.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4356313&postcount=61
Absolutely.

We live in a culture of blame, raised by parents who unthinkingly blame their children for the parent's own sins. And especially on these forums.

I have encountered more name-calling, mockery and sarcasm in these forums folks post in on TheologyOnline than any other place on the Internet.

We would all rather focus on our lily-white intentions and turn away from being accountable for the often terrible effects of those intentions.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Absolutely.

We live in a culture of blame, raised by parents who unthinkingly blame their children for the parent's own sins. And especially on these forums.

I have not encountered name-calling, mockery and sarcasm in the amounts folks post on TheologyOnline.

We would all rather focus on our lily-white intentions and turn away from being accountable for the often terrible effects of those intentions.

Did you open the link?

Again: Because evil people like you are not locked up so that you can't hurt others, we resort to mockery and sarcasm, because besides the truth, that's all that we have....for now.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Did you open the link?
Of course I did. I believe in giving others a fair hearing.

Again: Because evil people like you are not locked up so that you can't hurt others, we resort to mockery and sarcasm, because besides the truth, that's all that we have....for now.
Oh ye of little imagination....

What happened to your human creativity? Are you aware that giving in or fighting back are dead-end choices in dealing with conflict?
Did you ever study poetry in high school? Are you at all acquainted with the array of different choices Creation reveals to us?

It's a shame. It's sad, sad, sad that you have grown into adulthood believing you have only two dismal responses to conflict or new situations.
Mockery and sarcasm belong in the sandbox with the other toddlers.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Williams: 'I Told the Story Correctly for Years Before I Told it Incorrectly'
'Bad Urge Inside of Me'
pinocchio-smiley.gif
Jn 8:44, Jas 4:8

Last edited:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Everyone at Fox (faux) News should be fired . All Fox does is lie . Expewcting the truth from Fox is like expecting the KKK to say nice things about black people .
Fox isn't news; it's nothing but right-wing propaganda .

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone at Fox (faux) News should be fired . All Fox does is lie . Expewcting the truth from Fox is like expecting the KKK to say nice things about black people .
Fox isn't news; it's nothing but right-wing propaganda .

Though I agree with your opinion on Fox News, your solution for censorship is no solution at all.

Are you or are you not free to block the channel?