Major spike in business bankruptcies due to lockdowns

Right Divider

Body part
So Covid has killed 5 times more folks than a bad flu epidemic, and you still want to moan about the precautions that the best medics and scientists in the World have put in place?
The flu kills people EVERY YEAR... YEAR AFTER YEAR... why was there no social distancing and masks for those viruses that killed millions around the world over the last 50-100 years?

And NO, shutting down entire economies was not "the best" way to deal with this disease. Those shutdowns will kill MORE people than the dreaded COVID-19.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Neither.
One of the certain benefits of wearing a mask is that the fingers do not touch the face, thus reducing the risks of transmission in that way.

I'm not dumb, JudgeRightly. I speak just fine.

You say you're not dumb, but yet you say that wearing a mask means that people aren't touching their faces, yet we have video evidence to the contrary.

Touching a mask while wearing it only increases the chance of infection.

Arthur Brain

That is a lie. I do not "underplay it", I play it as it is and not the over-hyped version that is in our media.

You are a liar.

Absolutely!
You do when you continually downplay the figures and come up with unsupportable claims of "creative accounting" and the like.

Hardly. You were given the floor to propose what measures you'd take and didn't actually give any. You could have given a detailed description as to what should have been put in place and instead just came up with vague soundbites and how you wouldn't utilize lockdowns.

They haven't been exaggerated dramatically, at all.

Arthur Brain

The flu kills people EVERY YEAR... YEAR AFTER YEAR... why was there no social distancing and masks for those viruses that killed millions around the world over the last 50-100 years?

And NO, shutting down entire economies was not "the best" way to deal with this disease. Those shutdowns will kill MORE people than the dreaded COVID-19.
In the UK we may well continue with such safety protocols after it's transpired that the 'flu' may well have been significantly reduced because of them. As much as I'd prefer to be able to go into a shop without a mask and queue up as normal, I'm all in favour of them being a permanent fixture in society if they reduce the spread of disease.

eider

You're a constant critic, but you really couldn't have managed a country through this terrible sickness, imo.

Look, let me tell you why we Brits don't lock down over Flu and that might help.

The Flu virus can kill maybe 7-10 thousand each year in the UK, but we keep hospital admissions and deaths down by vaccinating all our elderly and at-risk folks each autumn. Obviously there are some folks who won't be vaccinated but that's up to them. Over here we try to keep pressure on our National Health Service down. You haven't got one of those so I guess you don't need to worry about hospital pressures, I guess youir hospitals are mainly there for who can pay for treatment .......

But the Covid was rampant. It nearly overwhelmed our NHS. Many illnesses could not be treated as soon or as well as before. Our NHS was in danger. So we locked down and ALL followed government advice.

But the vaccinations may open up our country again.

Are you going to have a vaccination? In any case you should. Now I hope this helped you.

eider

You say you're not dumb, but yet you say
I don't know about you but I don't use adjectives like 'dumb' or any other disabilities upon folks as an indicator of IQ level.

So your sentence (above) is just a self-contradicting jumble.

that wearing a mask means that people aren't touching their faces, yet we have video evidence to the contrary.

Touching a mask while wearing it only increases the chance of infection.

How can a film show a person becoming infected because they raised a hand to their face and a mask stopped the hand from actually touching it?
Your idea of evidence is clearly dodgy, imo.

Look......... in the UK we are wearing masks! We will continue to wear masks until our medics tell us to discard them. And our vaccination program has been massively successful so far..... you do believe in these vaccinations, don't you?

...... don't you?