Major spike in business bankruptcies due to lockdowns

Right Divider

Body part
You're a constant critic,
Whatever that means.
but you really couldn't have managed a country through this terrible sickness, imo.
Nobody can. Your "experts" are no gods.
Look, let me tell you why we Brits don't lock down over Flu and that might help.

The Flu virus can kill maybe 7-10 thousand each year in the UK, but we keep hospital admissions and deaths down by vaccinating all our elderly and at-risk folks each autumn. Obviously there are some folks who won't be vaccinated but that's up to them. Over here we try to keep pressure on our National Health Service down. You haven't got one of those so I guess you don't need to worry about hospital pressures, I guess youir hospitals are mainly there for who can pay for treatment .......
You pay a high price for your "free" health care.
But the Covid was rampant. It nearly overwhelmed our NHS. Many illnesses could not be treated as soon or as well as before. Our NHS was in danger. So we locked down and ALL followed government advice.
Any yet your outcomes were no better and in many cases worst than places that did NOT "lockdown". For some reason, you cannot handle that simple truth.
But the vaccinations may open up our country again.
Or the disease can run its course as pandemics do.
Are you going to have a vaccination? In any case you should. Now I hope this helped you.
No, I will not get any of these rushed and under tested vaccines.

Right Divider

Body part
In the UK we may well continue with such safety protocols after it's transpired that the 'flu' may well have been significantly reduced because of them. As much as I'd prefer to be able to go into a shop without a mask and queue up as normal, I'm all in favour of them being a permanent fixture in society if they reduce the spread of disease.
You are a perfect subject for an authoritarian dictator.

eider

Any yet your outcomes were no better and in many cases worst than places that did NOT "lockdown". For some reason, you cannot handle that simple truth.
Yes, the outcome has been that our NHS is still there.

Although you think we pay such a high price for it, we believe in it.

Or the disease can run its course as pandemics do.

No, I will not get any of these rushed and under tested vaccines.
I didn't think you would.
So you don't believe in masks, vaccines, lockdowns, or the rest of the precautions I guess.
So why bother yourself with trying to sell your negativity to us who do?

I don't get it.

Right Divider

Body part
You do when you continually downplay the figures and come up with unsupportable claims of "creative accounting" and the like.
It's not "unsupportable". I showed you one clear and PUBLIC example of how our "health officials" explained THEIR "creative accounting".

People that were already going to die within WEEKS of OTHER CAUSES will be counted as COVID.
Co-morbidities are thrown out the window during this pandemic and EVERYTHING is counted as COVID.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, the outcome has been that our NHS is still there.
Non-sequitur. The POINT, which is apparently to complex for you to understand, it that your results with lockdowns are no better (and in most cases worse) than those that did NOT lockdown.
Although you think we pay such a high price for it, we believe in it.
You can believe in the boogie man if you want. What you "believe" is irrelevant.

eider

Non-sequitur. The POINT, which is apparently to complex for you to understand, it that your results with lockdowns are no better (and in most cases worse) than those that did NOT lockdown.

You can believe in the boogie man if you want. What you "believe" is irrelevant.
Wrong!
Our MO was and is to save our NHS.

It's still with us. A wonderful service for all.

Arthur Brain

It's not "unsupportable". I showed you one clear and PUBLIC example of how our "health officials" explained THEIR "creative accounting".

People that were already going to die within WEEKS of OTHER CAUSES will be counted as COVID.
Co-morbidities are thrown out the window during this pandemic and EVERYTHING is counted as COVID.
More cherry picking and hyperbole. Surprising...though not so much.