Mike Pence needs a Safe Space

rexlunae

Recently, Donald Trump used his Big Beautiful Twitter account to complain that his soon-to-be VP got a bit of attention at a recent showing of Hamilton:

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

The Right likes to deride the concept of "safe spaces" as catering to an entitled, whiny generation of lazy Millennials. But isn't the expectation that Pence won't be confronted by dissenting voices as he goes about his life the demand for the ultimate safe-space? Who is more entitled and more fundamentally safe than Mike Pence? A vice president is surrounded by armed guards at all times. And he makes policy that impacts hundreds of millions of people. And he can't put up with an actor making some comments in the friendliest, most respectful tone.

Suck it up, buttercup!

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing. This should not happen!"

Oh no. :doh: He made a value judgment (Mt 7:2). Pray for the Donald. :greedy: Pr 8:36, Ex 20:14

Last edited:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
No, Pence wasn't "harassed ". He was booed by people in the theater who realize what a cold, heartless, fanatical, callous bastard he is . Pence has done everything in his power as a politician to deny rights to gay people , is so fanatically anti-abortion he demands that women who are carrying non-viable fetuses with severe deformities and physical problems carry them to term, which would kill them, etc .
Pence has denied government aid to dying gay people and their partners . There are many horror stories about this loathsome piece of filth .
Pence is a CINO - a Christian in name only . He claims to be a Christian , but is a hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited monster without a shred of decency and compassion .
He has used the old saying "The Lord helps those who help themselves" as an excuse to deny government aid to the poor .No wonder he was booed. I would have too if I had been there .

katiecrna

Listen when you take a stance on a topic, expect the other side to show you hate. This is America. We can have our beliefs and we can expect people to whole heartedly disagree with them. Trump is a baby, boo boo they were mean to my VP, this has to stop. Really trump? Your going to use Twitter to address THIS but not the hundreds of hate crimes that are happening in your name around this country!!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Right likes to deride the concept of "safe spaces" as catering to an entitled, whiny generation of lazy Millennials....

"The Right"? Donald Trump (and hence Mike Pence) embrace your values more than they do mine.

BTW, expect an apology from the Hamilton cast sometime soon (if they haven't apologized already) as President Elect Trump undoubtedly said that he'd sic Vladimir Putin on them if they didn't (their mommas didn't raise total fools, i.e. they don't want to mess with the former head of the KGB).

No, Pence wasn't "harassed ". He was booed by people in the theater who realize what a cold, heartless, fanatical, callous bastard he is .

Look at my avatar De Horn. Trump and hence Pence are your friends.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Recently, Donald Trump used his Big Beautiful Twitter account to complain that his soon-to-be VP got a bit of attention at a recent showing of Hamilton:

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

The Right likes to deride the concept of "safe spaces" as catering to an entitled, whiny generation of lazy Millennials. But isn't the expectation that Pence won't be confronted by dissenting voices as he goes about his life the demand for the ultimate safe-space? Who is more entitled and more fundamentally safe than Mike Pence? A vice president is surrounded by armed guards at all times. And he makes policy that impacts hundreds of millions of people. And he can't put up with an actor making some comments in the friendliest, most respectful tone.

Suck it up, buttercup!

if you spend money to go see a show, do you want to see the show, or do you want to see the "stars" of the show act like jackasses?

ok doser

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
mike pence:

-In March, Pence signed a bill into law requiring burial or cremation for aborted fetuses

Bury the dead, a Mike Pence concept?

-Last month, Pence said he'd like to "send Roe v. Wade to the ash heap of history."

-Pence signed a 2015 bill permitting Indiana business owners to cite religious beliefs as a reason to refuse service to gay and lesbian customers.

Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words (fixed that last one for ya).

Amid Controversy, Pence Backs Down on Anti-Gay Law [religious freedom bill]
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/mike-pence-wants-clarification-law

ok doser

well, i guess you think you have good reason to obsessively hate him :idunno:

prolly be something dirty about him in the national inquirer before too long - maybe a rumor will start that he's a closet homo

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
well, i guess you think you have good reason to obsessively hate him :idunno:

Hate? You have to feel sorry for people like Donald Trump and Mike Pence, as they're morally confused (Pence put $$$ over religious freedom; NC Governor Pat McCrory on the other hand...).

rexlunae

if you spend money to go see a show, do you want to see the show, or do you want to see the "stars" of the show act like jackasses?

I think you see whatever show they put on for you. I think Pence got a little more than he bargained for. And now Trump's feelings are hurt for his poor, sensitive viceroy.

ok doser

I think you see whatever show they put on for you.

"hamilton" is well known - you can probably stream it if you search
moondoggy said:
I think Pence got a little more than he bargained for.

not sure why you'd say that :idunno:

moondoggie said:
And now Trump's feelings are hurt for his poor, sensitive viceroy.

yeah, we get it

you don't don't like trump or pence

you and acw can go on a date sometime

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Story painted differently here http://www.infowars.com/trump-demands-apology-after-vice-president-harassed-at-broadway-musical/

I think the left needs to stop being butt hurt

Donald Trump demanding that other people apologize for their behavior...

irony-alert-ironic.jpg

rexlunae

"hamilton" is well known - you can probably stream it if you search

Sure. I have the soundtrack on my phone. Doesn't mean they're required to put on the same show every night without deviation.

not sure why you'd say that :idunno:

He apparently complained to his boss, who went on a Twitter cry-fest.

yeah, we get it

you don't don't like trump or pence

you and acw can go on a date sometime

I think Trumpers have the thinnest skins of anyone, and are the most hypocritical. They talk tough, but the moment anyone hurts their feelings, they whine about it like babies.