ECT "Mother Mary's Advice"

john w

Hall of Fame
Now for madists its, whatever Jesus says, ignore it.

Now, for "Back to Pentecost" Penties, assert "Jesus," or "Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus," and, ignore all that he says to do, that you cannot/will not do, such as raise the dead, make the blind see(as you adjust your glasses while reading this), sell all you have, go to Jerusalem three times a year, to keep the appointed feasts, tell no man that He is the Christ, show yourself to a Levitical priest and offer the gift that Moses commanded, and....................................................................................... and "splain" it away with,"You don't have enough faith.....All scripture is for my obedience, and is written specifically about me, but I'm not prayin' hard enough.....God does not change....We will pray for you, and the anointing to come upon you, my dear, misguided John W.................", and then go back to fleecing the sheep, by asking for a "love gift," of $6.66 so as to be able to "claim your miracle today!!!!" Puuuuuuuuuuuuuhrayzzzzzzzzz Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd!

"Charismatic," "Back to Pentecost" charlatans....every last one of them.

john w

Hall of Fame
Didnt Paul say that he imitated Jesus?

Well, this "Jesus" you reference, instead of the Lord Jesus Christ, never spoke in tongues, so "imitate" Him, and please hush your "mashamba mumbo jumbo" gibberish.

Can you dig it?

SaulToPaul 2

Peter said that? Acts 2:39. Please explain why I can't include myself by the words he uses? Let it say what it says. . ;)

Because,

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The context is still Jews, there were still a great many afar off who did not gather at Jerusalem. They were physically far off.

It's clear who this promise is to, at this point in time.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

It's not you. Might as well accept it sooner rather than later.

andyc

Paul followed the risen ascended LORD and wrote down those things.

Can you follow the risen ascended LORD and the red letters?

No, you can't.

The red letters have to simply be put in context. When Jesus ministered on earth, faith and rest depended on peoples understanding of who Jesus was.

As Jesus is (currently in heaven) so are we in this world. But also, as Jesus was when he was on earth, so are we in this world.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Do you believe this?

So if we have to follow the risen Lord, we have to do something, otherwise it is a pointless thing to say.

andyc

Well, this "Jesus" you reference, instead of the Lord Jesus Christ, never spoke in tongues, so "imitate" Him, and please hush your "mashamba mumbo jumbo" gibberish.

Can you dig it?

Mark 16:17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues

So you don't believe.

SaulToPaul 2

The red letters have to simply be put in context. When Jesus ministered on earth, faith and rest depended on peoples understanding of who Jesus was.

As Jesus is (currently in heaven) so are we in this world. But also, as Jesus was when he was on earth, so are we in this world.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Do you believe this?

So if we have to follow the risen Lord, we have to do something, otherwise it is a pointless thing to say.

Sure, he's God.

But, he gave different instructions to different people.

You cannot follow Paul's letters and the red letters. The best you can do is an error ridden mixture of the two with huge gaps missing. Look at the million denominations, they disagree over different points contained in the gaps.

john w

Hall of Fame
The red letters have to simply be put in context.....

Nothin' to this debating/persuasion/disputing thin, Lucy-just post the old reliable "in context" baffler, on any question, on any subject, on any website, and, there you go, you've stunned the audience, with a dynamic "sales close."

Thanks for your cooperation-"in context."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Who did he say he was only sent to?

You found out that he died for you, from Paul. If you heard it all during a homily.

so we accept what Jesus did for us
because
paul told us about it
but
we don't have to accept what He said
because
He was not sent to us

is that what you are saying?

SaulToPaul 2

so we accept what Jesus did for us
because
paul told us about it
but
we don't have to accept what He said
because
He was not sent to us

is that what you are saying?

No, I accept what the LORD said as he walked the earth. I believe every word he said, especially who he said he was sent to.

Do you?

Cross Reference

Because,

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

No gentiles in there for sure.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Now we're gotten close.

The context is still Jews, there were still a great many afar off who did not gather at Jerusalem. They were physically far off.

That's your opinion or some bad thinking out of a worthless commentary! Didn't we agreed to let the Bible "say what it says??!! Perhaps you didn't understand to what that actually means.

It's clear who this promise is to, at this point in time.

Apparently not to you it isn't clear ___ and by your own choosing you exclude yourself. Obviously, you don't realize what the promise is/was.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Spoken by Peter before vs 39 for the purpose of implicating the Jews, ALL OF THEM, in the crucifixion of Jesus __ a JEW!!!!

Mark is credited with explaining Jesus to the Gentiles.

It's not you. Might as well accept it sooner rather than later.

Lets see what else you miss by being wilfully ignorant.. Ah, yes, Phillip and the eunuch. He certainly was a Gentile, black no doubt..
Peter again, at the house Cornelius. Certainly him and his crowd were all Gentiles. In fact, Peter didn't want to go for that reason, and he wound up arguing it all out with the Lord. . .and we both know Who won. I believe I made my point, don't you?

So, try again, my friend. Get back to the books that have something to say, that make sense of it all. . . burn the others.