ECT "Mother Mary's Advice"

SaulToPaul 2

CR, you're changing the argument. You asked about Acts 2:39

The context is clear, the far off are physically far off. It isn't hard to see if you aren't dead set on reading yourself into the passage.

Cross Reference

CR, you're changing the argument. You asked about Acts 2:39

The context is clear, the far off are physically far off. It isn't hard to see if you aren't dead set on reading yourself into the passage.

And I replied to 2:39. Quit your obfuscation!!!!! I am one who is "physically" afar off and part of those Jesus Christ has called.
You are either purposely being stupid, as in withholding righteousness in unrighteousness or you are stupid as in being mentally challenged!! I believe the former and You need to check your pulse!

andyc

Sure, he's God.

But, he gave different instructions to different people.

You cannot follow Paul's letters and the red letters. The best you can do is an error ridden mixture of the two with huge gaps missing. Look at the million denominations, they disagree over different points contained in the gaps.

What you're not understanding is that the people who Jesus ministered to in the flesh, had to see beyond his flesh. People were looking at an earthly human being who was flesh and blood, and were having to see beyond that by faith. If people couldn't see beyond that, then Jesus had throw the full force of the law in their faces in order to get them to see their own guilt and hard heartedness. If they refused to see the loving forgiver, he'd have to reveal the judge. But ultimately he was full of grace and truth. Now look at this....

Matthew 12:18 "Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel nor cry out, Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets. A bruised reed He will not break, And smoking flax He will not quench, Till He sends forth justice to victory; And in His name Gentiles will trust."

Romans 15:12 And again, Isaiah says: "There shall be a root of Jesse; And He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles, In Him the Gentiles shall hope."

So you see from this that the people who were attracted to Jesus' ministry received compassion, but he concealed himself from those who rejected him. So, in the same way that the gentiles would trust him by faith alone, so those who sought him with a pure heart also were trusting him by faith alone.

Cross Reference

So you see from this that the people who were attracted to Jesus' ministry received compassion, but he concealed himself from those who rejected him. So, in the same way that the gentiles would trust him by faith alone, so those who sought him with a pure heart also were trusting him by faith alone.

I believe the church doesn't understand that when considering all the empty pews in their sanctuary every Sunday.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm going to make this as simple as I possibly can.

Think about the Day of Atonement in the Old Testament. Who were sacrifices made for? They were only made for Israelites and any Gentiles who were joined with Israel.

The majority of the Gentile world had no sacrifice made for their sins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to the NT. The Lord Jesus and Twelve understood that this sacrifice was for Israel, and any Gentiles joined with them.

The truth that the Lord died for every man's sins, even the pagan Gentile, even the Gentile in the 21st century who was never joined to Israel in any way, was a mystery revealed to Paul.

andyc

I'm going to make this as simple as I possibly can.

Think about the Day of Atonement in the Old Testament. Who were sacrifices made for? They were only made for Israelites and any Gentiles who were joined with Israel.

The majority of the Gentile world had no sacrifice made for their sins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to the NT. The Lord Jesus and Twelve understood that this sacrifice was for Israel, and any Gentiles joined with them.

The truth that the Lord died for every man's sins, even the pagan Gentile, even the Gentile in the 21st century who was never joined to Israel in any way, was a mystery revealed to Paul.

Not just to Paul.
Paul had to strictly make the point that he did not receive his gospel from man. He wasn't taught it. You are insisting that he was the only one who received it, not scripture.
There is no evidence to suggest that Peter, James, and John preached a different gospel.

Now answer this....

Hebrews 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

What was sprinkled on the Hebrews hearts?

SaulToPaul 2

I will need scripture for that

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Why don't you do any of these things?

Cross Reference

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

<I'll wait my turn>

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

These twelve Jesus sent forth

Cross Reference

Yep.

Those that come to God must believe that he is. Grace, love, compassionate, healer, deliverer etc

The Church needs to be saying something that resonates with a hurting world they need to hear instead of promoting its "chicken dinner, social program, seeker friendly, come one, come all, bake sales".