MUSK BUYS TWITTER!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In case this isn't clear @annabenedetti it's always been about the message, and messaging. As far as I can tell, those generating memes are broadcasting a message pretty clearly, not requiring one to be a literature major and or appreciator to discern, like it sometimes does with some political cartoons. Cerebral memes like that never go viral. Memes are, like rock music, very simple. They don't even work as complex masterpieces, such as classical orchestra symphonies and such. Gen Z has no time for this, just thinks, "OK boomer" and moves on.

I don't think we're in disagreement here (regarding memes, not rock music), I said as much in my post to Jefferson about memes being accessible to everyone.

Where you can draw a line of distinction is between political cartoonists needing actual artistic ability and having their publisher or syndicator or newspaper exert control over their final product and meme generators not requiring artistic ability, and without any editorial control being able to convey a completely fake message with impunity.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
How do you change it, if you do recognize through grace that your way of thinking is wrong?

I wouldn't bark at anyone for not following me, here, but this is what I think:

No one who thinks X simultaneously thinks that thinking X is wrong. Where thinking X is wrong, anyone who recognizes that thinking X is wrong is someone who is not thinking X. In one who has been thinking X, for him/her to come to recognize that thinking X is wrong is for him/her to cease from thinking X.

But, to change from thinking X to not thinking X seems to me ultimately a matter of one's will (whether thinking X is right or wrong).

So how do you improve your way of thinking? Practically? And logically too.

Man, that's a hard question (for me, at least) to even begin to know how to deal with. At least at the moment I feel somewhat at a loss to know how. Well, I guess it all kind of hinges on what we mean by "improving" thinking, though. In one sense, where Joe thinks that P, and P is true, I don't know in what sense Joe's thinking that P could really be improved, since Joe's thinking that P is already Joe's thinking a truth.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I wouldn't bark at anyone
Woof
Man, that's a hard question (for me, at least) to even begin to know how to deal with. .
I would answer it by noting that I am and always have been an avid accumulator of knowledge. I read constantly, on a wide variety of subjects. I analyze the arguments and logic of those with whom I agree, as well as those with whom I disagree. This is one reason why I am so disdainful of an emotional argument.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Donald Trump adviser Kash Patel went after Elon Musk on Saturday after the Tesla CEO closed the deal to buy Twitter and fired top executives at the company earlier in the week. Patel accused Musk of being in favor of censorship while he promoted Truth Social.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Your fellow leftard, the Twitter member whom you posted here, says "You all got duped again."

Who all "got duped again"?
And duped how, exactly? Duped into what?
The answer is so obvious that I'm shocked you have to ask. Twitter can't survive unless it has a good reputation with advertisers, and Musk will have to walk a fine line now that he owns it. He can't kowtow to both right-wing loons and mainstream advertisers simultaneously. Whose side do you think he will pick? Money talks, guess what walks?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Alyssa Farah Griffin said Trump's potential return to Twitter would hurt him. "It's going to remind voters of how unhinged he was, of how much drama he created," she said.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Just so you know …

Owners …

Twitter … Elon Musk
Truth Social … Trump
Parler … Ye

The little lying snowflakes are running out of places to hide.