MUSK BUYS TWITTER!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Isn't it interesting that the bananahead, who has been largely absent ever since she went off to sulk over the overturn of Roe v Wade, has come back to share her vitriol over opening up Twitter to all voices, including the abrasive delusional right wing voices that had been banned. Personally I think they're a welcome counterpart to the abrasive delusional left-wing voices that had been encouraged.

Arthur Brain

Believing in their heart of hearts that they have the power to make anyone melt down is extremely important to their right-wing identity.

Doesn't matter if no one's melting down, the right-wing's belief in their magic power creates the mirage for them. That belief is their pacifier, and sucking on it gives them comfort.
It's almost as if they need to project to cover just how embarrassing their own whining is readily available for all to see. Heck, just how much whinging has there been on here alone after Trump lost?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Isn't it interesting that the bananahead, who has been largely absent ever since she went off to sulk over the overturn of Roe v Wade, has come back to share her vitriol over opening up Twitter to all voices, including the abrasive delusional right wing voices that had been banned. Personally I think they're a welcome counterpart to the abrasive delusional left-wing voices that had been encouraged.

It's also funny how she hypocritically accuses people who say things she doesn't like to hear of "spending so much time in echo chambers" while yet she is somehow proud of herself for having some of us on "ignore". What is it for her to put people on "ignore" if not to build for herself a TOL experience which more closely approximates an echo chamber with each additional person she adds to her list? And, it's funny that she was specificly casting her hypocritical "echo chambers" barb at @Jefferson, a guy who, as I distinctly recall, has pointed out in some thread or other that he's never put anyone on "ignore" on any forum platform he's used. I definitely don't take you, doser, for being someone who would be inclined to put anyone on "ignore," and I certainly have never put anyone on "ignore". Bananahead's TOL experience therefore (and by her own, hypocritical choice, at that) is set up as closer to being an echo chamber than is the experience of any of those of us who, unlike her, are not witless snowflakes.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Believing in their heart of hearts that they have the power to make anyone melt down is extremely important to their right-wing identity.

Doesn't matter if no one's melting down, the right-wing's belief in their magic power creates the mirage for them. That belief is their pacifier, and sucking on it gives them comfort.

Okay...But why you mad though? :unsure:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
User Name: 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

I like how you can't or won't name names when asked to, and then you turn around and demand of others:
The idea among you wingnuts that Musk buying Twitter is going to "own the libs" has been promoted in this very thread and others. You could name the names yourself if you'd just start paying attention and stop trolling for a few seconds.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If you actually read any of those articles you linked to, you'd see that they aren't the "meltdowns" you think they are. The titles are "clickbaity," but the articles are actually quite reasonable analyses of the situation. I like this quote from the article Anna posted:

[Y]ou cannot reasonably expect to collect any meaningful advertising revenue if you do not promise those advertisers “brand safety.” That means you have to ban racism, sexism, transphobia, and all kinds of other speech that is totally legal in the United States but reveals people to be total [redacted]. So you can make all the promises about “free speech” you want, but the dull reality is that you still have to ban a bunch of legal speech if you want to make money. And when you start doing that, your creepy new right-wing fanboys are going to viciously turn on you, just like they turn on every other social network that realizes the same essential truth.​

Last edited:

7djengo7

The idea among you wingnuts that Musk buying Twitter is going to "own the libs" has been promoted in this very thread and others. You could name the names yourself if you'd just start paying attention and stop trolling for a few seconds.

So, not only are you a retard, but you're more than happy to lie shamelessly about me. Where have I said that I think Musk's control of Twitter is going to "own" you leftards? Answer: Nowhere.

So, answer the questions I asked you, trolltard:

Who all "got duped again"? And duped how, exactly? Duped into what?

Why can't you answer these questions, greatest poser ever?

Arthur Brain

It's also funny how she hypocritically accuses people who say things she doesn't like to hear of "spending so much time in echo chambers" while yet she is somehow proud of herself for having some of us on "ignore". What is it for her to put people on "ignore" if not to build for herself a TOL experience which more closely approximates an echo chamber with each additional person she adds to her list? And, it's funny that she was specificly casting her hypocritical "echo chambers" barb at @Jefferson, a guy who, as I distinctly recall, has pointed out in some thread or other that he's never put anyone on "ignore" on any forum platform he's used. I definitely don't take you, doser, for being someone who would be inclined to put anyone on "ignore," and I certainly have never put anyone on "ignore". Bananahead's TOL experience therefore (and by her own, hypocritical choice, at that) is set up as closer to being an echo chamber than is the experience of any of those of us who, unlike her, are not witless snowflakes.
Any poster here has the right to utilize the ignore function and your accusation would only hold merit if anna put all those of differing political opinion on it and solely engaged with those who she agrees with. Clearly not the case.

7djengo7

Any poster here has the right to utilize the ignore function

I'm not sure I would call something so petty a "right". But, indeed, any poster here has the freedom to utilize the ignore function. Did someone state otherwise?

and your accusation

was/is that her use of the ignore function makes her TOL experience into more of an echo chamber than the TOL experience of those who do not use the ignore function. And it's true.

would only hold merit if anna put all those of differing political opinion on it

It holds merit even without bananahead's putting all, but merely some of her critics on it. Duh.

and solely engaged with those who she agrees with.

News flash: she doesn't engage with those with whom she disagrees. Rather, she merely reacts irrationally, and wholly emotively, because she cannot engage them.

Arthur Brain

If you actually read any of those articles you linked to, you'd see that they aren't the "meltdowns" you think they are. The titles are "clickbaity," but the articles are actually quite reasonable analyses of the situation. I like this quote from the article Anna posted:

[Y]ou cannot reasonably expect to collect any meaningful advertising revenue if you do not promise those advertisers “brand safety.” That means you have to ban racism, sexism, transphobia, and all kinds of other speech that is totally legal in the United States but reveals people to be total [redacted]. So you can make all the promises about “free speech” you want, but the dull reality is that you still have to ban a bunch of legal speech if you want to make money. And when you start doing that, your creepy new right-wing fanboys are going to viciously turn on you, just like they turn on every other social network that realizes the same essential truth.​

It may be that Musk has rather a plateful on his hands...

Arthur Brain

I'm not sure I would call something so petty a "right". But, indeed, any poster here has the freedom to utilize the ignore function. Did someone state otherwise?

was/is that her use of the ignore function makes her TOL experience into more of an echo chamber than the TOL experience of those who do not use the ignore function. And it's true.

It holds merit even without bananahead's putting all, but merely some of her critics on it. Duh.

News flash: she doesn't engage with those with whom she disagrees. Rather, she merely reacts irrationally, and wholly emotively, because she cannot engage them.
Of course it's a right on this forum. If you want to put someone on ignore then you have the right to do so, non mods at least. Your right, your prerogative.

If anna or anyone else holding differing political beliefs to the self advertised conservatism on here wanted an echo chamber then they wouldn't post here, they'd go to a forum that reflected solely their own.

You seem to be more miffed that anna has chosen not to engage with you anymore and you're hardly the core of this forum are you?

Arthur Brain

None of the libs I follow lie and so far all of them are still on Twitter.
Why wouldn't they be? Jefferson hasn't thought this through at all by the looks of it. So what if Musk has taken over? If he's all for freedom of speech then what has any liberal/centrist/conservative got to fear?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Why wouldn't they be? Jefferson hasn't thought this through at all by the looks of it. So what if Musk has taken over? If he's all for freedom of speech then what has any liberal/centrist/conservative got to fear?
Libs don't fear they will be censored. They fear that people who express conservative views (like Donald Trump) will not be censored.