My Experience of a Far Left, SJW Infested University Campus

lovemeorhateme

I have been to Hungary twice, but only for short breaks. It seemed a refreshing place to visit to my mind. I'd be interested to know which uni you are at as my son is going through selection process at the moment. PM if you wish.

I'd never been before. I stayed with friends in Budapest, also taking the time to visit Austria and Slovakia by train. Personally I liked Hungary the best and would love to visit again. Poland is also somewhere I'd love to visit as I am part Polish. I'll PM you my university info.

lovemeorhateme

but...but..but you're an oppressed minority

The arbiters of who is "oppressed" and who is "privileged" are those in the student union. The same people who declared women and LGBT people 'underrepresented' with 60% of students on campus being female, five of the six elected officers being female, and none of the six elected officers being "straight".

PureX

I think when you go in expecting to find demons hiding behind every bush, and lurking is every phrase you hear, then you will find exactly what you expected. Because you set yourself up to ignore everything else.

And to a misogynist, everything will look like "feminism". So perhaps you should spend more time considering the bias in your own eyes, and less time focusing on the bias in everyone else's?

lifeisgood

Good to see you here lovemeorhateme.

You are right that it is hard for Christians to be in left-wing universities. I'll remember you in my prayers, for the Lord to give you wisdom that only comes from above, protect you, guide you, and give you the strength to hold on to Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, no matter what.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think when you go in expecting to find demons hiding behind every bush, and lurking is every phrase you hear, then you will find exactly what you expected. Because you set yourself up to ignore everything else.

And to a misogynist, everything will look like "feminism". So perhaps you should spend more time considering the bias in your own eyes, and less time focusing on the bias in everyone else's?

i.e. drink the left wing kool-aid Pete.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Enjoy your education in every sense of the word and remember not to resemble the angry zealots of dehumanization in their mistaken rush to elevate the exercise of autonomy above the thing without which no exercise is possible and no right meaningful. Be a lamb. The calmer you are, the more reasoned you are, the more your words will impact those who by degree lack a full measure of both, at least and especially in the eyes of those who are struggling with the questions addressed. That's where the real war is being waged.

lovemeorhateme

The whole point is here that most of what I shared was a revelation to me. I didn't go to university with any expectations of 'demons lurking behind every bush' as you put it. On the contrary, I went to university simply with the expectation of learning something new through my degree. I had no idea about most of this far left, feminist, SJW rubbish going on on campus. It's certainly been an education and not a good one.

As for the last part of your post: are you implying that I'm a misogynist?

lovemeorhateme

Enjoy your education in every sense of the word and remember not to resemble the angry zealots of dehumanization in their mistaken rush to elevate the exercise of autonomy above the thing without which no exercise is possible and no right meaningful. Be a lamb. The calmer you are, the more reasoned you are, the more your words will impact those who by degree lack a full measure of both, at least and especially in the eyes of those who are struggling with the questions addressed. That's where the real war is being waged.

Thanks, TH. I'm certainly enjoying the actual course itself, and it's been a great course to study so far. I've always tried to maintain a level of calm, a reasonable composure. I don't want to become an angry militant about my beliefs. I find it's usually those on the opposing side of these issues who are quick to anger and extremely didactic about their beliefs.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome back LMOHM. The same madness is happening in the US. I think it is happening all over.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Thanks, TH. I'm certainly enjoying the actual course itself, and it's been a great course to study so far. I've always tried to maintain a level of calm, a reasonable composure. I don't want to become an angry militant about my beliefs. I find it's usually those on the opposing side of these issues who are quick to anger and extremely didactic about their beliefs.

Lambs (sheep) are herded, exactly what left wing college professors are doing with impressionable young minds (TH uses fancy words, but if you look close he's spewing out a left wing message).

Calm educated discourse is anything but "militant". Granted, when you stand up for what's right you will pay for it (in this case you'll likely get a failing grade, but there are those few exceptions where the liberal prof actually admired someone with a backbone and gave the student a high grade for his courage).

In the end the only thing that matters if you did the right thing in the Eyes of God.

Do the right thing Pete, speak the Truth.

PureX

The whole point is here that most of what I shared was a revelation to me. I didn't go to university with any expectations of 'demons lurking behind every bush' as you put it. On the contrary, I went to university simply with the expectation of learning something new through my degree. I had no idea about most of this far left, feminist, SJW rubbish going on on campus. It's certainly been an education and not a good one.

As for the last part of your post: are you implying that I'm a misogynist?
You have been aligning yourself with very conservative religious ideals and people for quite a long time, now. So of course, when you finally go out into a new public domain, you're "shocked" to see how "liberal" it is. C'mon! Who couldn't see that coming a mile away!? Did they really get all that liberal, or did YOU get a lot more conservative? Or maybe it's some of both?

All I'm saying is that you check the bias in your own eyes before you proclaim the bias in everyone else's.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have been aligning yourself with very conservative religious ideals and people for quite a long time, now. So of course, when you finally go out into a new public domain, you're "shocked" to see how "liberal" it is. C'mon! Who couldn't see that coming a mile away!? Did they really get all that liberal, or did YOU get a lot more conservative? Or maybe it's some of both?

All I'm saying is that you check the bias in your own eyes before you proclaim the bias in everyone else's.

i.e. shut up Pete and drink the left wing kool aid.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Lambs (sheep) are herded,
Christ was the lamb of God. You think anyone pushed him around?

exactly what left wing college professors are doing with impressionable young minds (TH uses fancy words, but if you look close he's spewing out a left wing message).
You need to improve your reading comprehension.

To help you out: I'm speaking to how you speak the truth. I'm telling him that a gentle, reasoned voice commands respect. A shout is all about fear, one way or the other, most of the time.

lovemeorhateme

Lambs (sheep) are herded, exactly what left wing college professors are doing with impressionable young minds (TH uses fancy words, but if you look close he's spewing out a left wing message).

Calm educated discourse is anything but "militant". Granted, when you stand up for what's right you will pay for it (in this case you'll likely get a failing grade, but there are those few exceptions where the liberal prof actually admired someone with a backbone and gave the student a high grade for his courage).

In the end the only thing that matters if you did the right thing in the Eyes of God.

While I've had disagreements with TH on a number of issues, I don't see anything disagreeable with what he wrote there.

I will always stand up for what I believe to be right. So far it's been fellow students on my course who I've had problems with rather than the professors themselves. Indeed, I actually had an essay on the subject of abortion where in the class I was made to be a pariah. The professor was clearly pro-choice, yet he still gave me a first (GPA 4+) for my pro-life essay attacking abortion. Though in his marking he did acknowledge 'this is a lively and controversial essay'. This being a philosophy degree, they are supposedly more interested in how I argue for something rather than what I argue for. So it's not the tutors or professors so far who are causing issues, just fellow students.

As hard as it can be, I want to always do right by God no matter what others may think of me. Thanks for the encouragement, aCW.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Lambs (sheep) are herded,

Christ was the lamb of God. You think anyone pushed him around?

Jesus was born so that He would die on the Cross. That being said:

While I wouldn't suggest that Pete take a whip to the left wing college profs, he should note that Jesus didn't always turn the other cheek.

7xpxr.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
exactly what left wing college professors are doing with impressionable young minds (TH uses fancy words, but if you look close he's spewing out a left wing message).

You need to improve your reading comprehension.

I can pull up the three websites that I posted for Pete about left wing indoctrination on college campuses and then you can try to wiggle your way out of those facts.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

To help you out: I'm speaking to how you speak the truth. I'm telling him that a gentle, reasoned voice commands respect. A shout is all about fear, one way or the other, most of the time.

You should know how grateful I am when you help me out TH but you really should work on your reading comprehension because I talked about calm educated discourse in an earlier post.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
While I've had disagreements with TH on a number of issues, I don't see anything disagreeable with what he wrote there...

I won't feed my good friend TH's ego by making this thread about him.

I remember not long ago how liberal you were on the issues here on TOL. While I don't know if you're still for socialized medicine, etc. I'm glad that your eyes are open to the left wing bias that college campuses are spewing out.