New York now asks mothers what their current sex is on birth certificate

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, transgender people. If men and women are equal, and we are all persons - how important is it really, to be one or the other? If I am born in a male body, but want to be female, maybe someone should tell me to quit wanting that, quit wanting gender transition surgery, and just be a person.

How about you dont worry about the form until the next time you have a baby?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Arthur Brain

Fixed that for you. :eek:

It's peculiar, but I think part of a larger, modern problem...no, the notion that our values are diminished by the choices others make. I don't get it, goofy and mistaken as I think the form remains.

I mean, if AB starts wearing high heels tomorrow (as opposed to, say, the usual Wednesday) and insists on being referred to as Nancy Bumble-Bottom (more of a holiday occasion, I'm told) then how does that really effect the rest of us?

Oh, way to fuel aCW's already demented fantasies there TH...:plain:

I wish to have it on record that I have never once adorned such footwear and neither have I amended my nomenclature to such...

On Wednesday's I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea thank you so very much...

:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh, way to fuel aCW's already demented fantasies there TH...:plain:

I wish to have it on record that I have never once adorned such footwear and neither have I amended my nomenclature to such...

On Wednesday's I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea thank you so very much...

I have it on convincing authority. Which around here means I wrote it then quoted myself for source material. :plain:

A bad feeling.....an uneasiness......
:think: That seems to happen to you a great deal.

Consider the lilies. Take deep breaths and long walks. And when you're tempted to take a great weight onto your shoulders recall who beat you to it. Read the book. It has a happy ending. Do whatever you do with that in mind. You'll live longer and die happier.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Why should someone tell you that? What good does it do?

Knowing reality and accepting it is a better alternative to living a lie.

Why would you want to die living a lie? I can imagine the worst part of a transgender is when they are on their death bed, with nothing but an imaginary reality they created in their own head.

Arthur Brain

I have it on convincing authority. Which around here means I wrote it then quoted myself for source material. :plain:

:chuckle:

I wish to further make it clear that I have never once wore a bra, or wished to be a girlie just like my dear ma ma either...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

I wish to further make it clear that I have never once wore a bra, or wished to be a girlie just like my dear ma ma either...

Would you happen to be a lumberjack by any chance?

Else, if broadly, on the topic I'd say meshak is living proof that we're to a very great extent the product (or victim) of our own cognitions...excepting Congress.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, just an unhappy hairdresser - (Oh darn it, that really would send aCW into a fit...)
Too bad. I knew a few lumberjacks and they were okay.

Had a bad turn in their ranks here a while back after a plague of invisible monkeys descended on the local forests to wreck havoc on their work environment. Blunt axes, hide saws, hurl feces (also invisible, of course) that sort of thing. But the worst were the sudden attacks from behind with commiserate biting and scratching and whatnots.

At least that was the general explanation for their coming out of the woods in that condition.

Got so bad they took to carrying pocket mirrors. Then, if they happened to be walking a trail and heard a noise behind them they'ed whip out the mirror and peer over their shoulders. If they didn't see anything they'd drop axes and run for their lives.

It was a real problem, except for a local axe salesman who turned out to be behind the whole thing.

Such is life. And that's why I'm against any mention of sex on the birth certificate, which seems to me, upon mature consideration, lewd. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
My wife and I had our son. There won't be another child.

I knew you were male. My point being you'll not be filling out one of these forms, and it's likely the vast majority of the new mothers who will be filling out the form won't be bothered by it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Knowing reality and accepting it is a better alternative to living a lie.

Why would you want to die living a lie? I can imagine the worst part of a transgender is when they are on their death bed, with nothing but an imaginary reality they created in their own head.

Said by someone who's currently living an imaginary reality he created in his own head.

Arthur Brain

Had a bad turn in their ranks here a while back after a plague of invisible monkeys descended on the local forests to wreck havoc on their work environment. Blunt axes, hide saws, hurl feces (also invisible, of course) that sort of thing. But the worst were the sudden attacks from behind with commiserate biting and scratching and whatnots.

At least that was the general explanation for their coming out of the woods in that condition.

Got so bad they took to carrying pocket mirrors. Then, if they happened to be walking a trail and heard a noise behind them they'ed whip out the mirror and peer over their shoulders. If they didn't see anything they'd drop axes and run for their lives.

It was a real problem, except for a local axe salesman who turned out to be behind the whole thing.

Such is life. And that's why I'm against any mention of sex on the birth certificate, which seems to me, upon mature consideration, lewd. :plain:

I think I'll stick to just hanging around in bars then...

bybee

Did you ever meet Mr. Creasote? He quite had his fill of mints!

truthjourney

Political correctness and concepts of "equality" have made us lose all contact with reality.

I am beginning to wonder if this can ever be reversed.
I thought only women could give birth. And... "“What is your DATE OF BIRTH, current AGE and SEX?” the form asks in the section clearly marked “Mother/Parent (Woman Giving Birth).”
One should never underestimate the stupidity of political correctness.

Last edited:

GFR7

I thought only women could give birth. And... "“What is your DATE OF BIRTH, current AGE and SEX?” the form asks in the section clearly marked “Mother/Parent (Woman Giving Birth).”
One should never underestimate the stupidity of political correctness.
Right. But they wonder if the woman giving birth may identify as male at that point. The whole thing is just vilely absurd. :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, if I call myself the mother, does that mean I get custody and child-support in the event of a divorce?
:think: Don't know, but if I called you one it's even money I'd be banned. :eek:

Also, the mother presumption was thrown under the judicial bus a long time ago. Now it's more about status quo, which still tends to favor the woman who more often is the primary day to day care giver and, as between the two, will disproportionately be in a lesser position as a primary wage earner.

Edit:

Uh-oh...I was just playing with the thread. Now I think I went and killed it. :shocked:

Last edited: