No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Does preaching the gospel to a dead person bring them hope sir?

Is not Christ the living bread, and whoever eats of Him, will he not have everlasting life?

If someone preaches Christ to the spiritually dead, is that not preaching life to them?

If someone hears that life being preached to them, are they unable to respond to that life which is being preached?

And if they, who have heard of the life which is the light of men, believe, who are you to say that they aren't actually believing, simply because you thought them dead?

Can the gospel of Jesus Christ not bring life to those who are dead? Is it unable to do so? Is it not the Spirit who gives life to those who hear the gospel?

Should we not preach the gospel to the dead, so that they may have the opportunity to have life?

So to answer your question, preaching the gospel to dead people enables them to have hope, because the Spirit is working through our preaching to give them life, enough to respond to the gospel being preached!

Talk about giving a reason for the hope that is within you!

beloved57

Is not Christ the living bread, and whoever eats of Him, will he not have everlasting life?

If someone preaches Christ to the spiritually dead, is that not preaching life to them?

If someone hears that life being preached to them, are they unable to respond to that life which is being preached?

And if they, who have heard of the life which is the light of men, believe, who are you to say that they aren't actually believing, simply because you thought them dead?

Can the gospel of Jesus Christ not bring life to those who are dead? Is it unable to do so? Is it not the Spirit who gives life to those who hear the gospel?

Should we not preach the gospel to the dead, so that they may have the opportunity to have life?

So to answer your question, preaching the gospel to dead people enables them to have hope, because the Spirit is working through our preaching to give them life, enough to respond to the gospel being preached!

Talk about giving a reason for the hope that is within you!
The Gospel is foolishness to them that are lost 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

That word perish is the greek word apollymi:

Its the same word for to be lost ! Like in 2 Cor 4:3

So no the Gospel doesnt give a lost person any hope, in fact to the lost person its foolishness, nonsense !

marke

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No man can come here means no man has the ability to come to Christ. That cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

It also means that no man has the ability to believe on Christ for Salvation. Because Christ equates believing on Him with coming to Him. Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

What about those Jesus says to them Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats answered in Jn 6:44 they simply will not come because they cannot come unless the Power of God draws them and makes them willing

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power !
Jesus is in the business of drawing sinners to Himself for salvation. God has made it clear that He will enlighten every soul born into the world
John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

And Jesus will draw all sinners to Himself for repentance and salvation, even though He will not save those who reject the Light.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 3

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

beloved57

Jesus is in the business of drawing sinners to Himself for salvation. God has made it clear that He will enlighten every soul born into the world
John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

And Jesus will draw all sinners to Himself for repentance and salvation, even though He will not save those who reject the Light.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 3

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power !

beloved57

THE Bible says "Thy people shall be willing." It does not say "Thou shalt make thy people willing."
Dont forget how and why they are willing, in the day of Gods Power ! Ps 110:3

And its not everyone, but only Gods Elect !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Gospel is foolishness to them that are lost 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

You're not even reading the verse...

"To them that perish".

Not "to them who were predestined to perish".

They perish on their own decision. Not on God's.

Did you forget that God says in His word:

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah55:11&version=NKJV

That means the preaching of the gospel gives people the opportunity to respond, as Paul says, either to accept Him, or to reject Him.

So no the Gospel doesn't give a lost person any hope,

It gives them the OPPORTUNITY to have hope. If they had never been preached to, they would never have any possibility of having hope, but preaching the gospel is shining a light into their darkness, so that their eyes can see.

in fact to the lost person its foolishness, nonsense![/I]

Then what point is there to preach to anyone?

Why would Paul write Romans 10:13-14?

Why would Peter write 1 Peter 3:15?

Why any of the above, if not for the fact that the Christ died for the ungodly!?

marke

Dont forget how and why they are willing, in the day of Gods Power ! Ps 110:3

And its not everyone, but only Gods Elect !
Those who receive the Gospel willingly do so in the day of their visitation because they are willing in the day God visits them.

John 1

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

beloved57

You're not even reading the verse...

"To them that perish".

Not "to them who were predestined to perish".

They perish on their own decision. Not on God's.

Did you forget that God says in His word:

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah55:11&version=NKJV

That means the preaching of the gospel gives people the opportunity to respond, as Paul says, either to accept Him, or to reject Him.

It gives them the OPPORTUNITY to have hope. If they had never been preached to, they would never have any possibility of having hope, but preaching the gospel is shining a light into their darkness, so that their eyes can see.

Then what point is there to preach to anyone?

Why would Paul write Romans 10:13-14?

Why would Peter write 1 Peter 3:15?

Why any of the above, if not for the fact that the Christ died for the ungodly!?
So you asked the question was there no hope by the Gospel to the Lost, remember ? The answer is no, the lost have no hope by the Gospel, the Gospel to the lost is foolishness friend !

beloved57

Those who receive the Gospel willingly do so in the day of their visitation because they are willing in the day God visits them.

John 1

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Did you see that ? They are not willing in the day of their freewill, but in the Day of Gods Power. Do you realize who God is sir ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you asked the question was there no hope by the Gospel to the Lost, remember?

No, what I asked was:

So preaching the gospel doesn't bring hope to the lost?

And I explained in post #204, and as Paul explains in Romans 10, preaching the gospel provides the lost the possibility of having hope.

The answer is no, the lost have no hope by the Gospel,

Then NO ONE has hope by the gospel, and anyone who preaches it is foolish, because it doesn't do a thing for those who are lost.

So why preach it?

the Gospel to the lost is foolishness friend!

Just because it's foolishness to them doesn't mean it can't bring them hope of salvation.

beloved57

If God was to leave a man to himself, what we are naturally, we would never be saved, we would never seek the True God , which is the God of Election Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

We would never come to Christ, the True Christ that came only to save a particular people and not everyone without exception Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Who laid down His Life only for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

The Christ who was only commissioned to Give Eternal Life to Gods chosen Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they[the elect given Him of the Father] might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Man naturally wont come to this Jesus Christ Jn 5:40

“And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

By nature we are at enmity against this Christ Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

marke

If God was to leave a man to himself, what we are naturally, we would never be saved, we would never seek the True God , which is the God of Election Rom 3:11

I am always amused by theologians who claim that verse to support the idea that nobody understands the Bible or seeks God unless they agree with the one doing the talking who claims to understand and seek God in spite of the verse he uses that seems to indicate nobody understands or seeks God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If God was to leave a man to himself, what we are naturally, we would never be saved, we would never seek the True God,

And yet, no one here has said otherwise.

which is the God of Election

False. That's just how God created man. It has nothing to do with election.

Rom 3:11

AMEN!

We would never come to Christ,

Agreed!

the True Christ that came only to save a particular people

Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost (Luke 19:10), ie, the lost sheep of the House of Israel (Matthew 10:5-6, 15:24). That's what He was sent to earth for, and BECAME a man for.

He tells us that Himself.

He did not come for Gentiles, as can be seen by unwillingness to interact with the Gentiles until after being shown their faith.

and not everyone without exception

The mystery was that Christ's death and resurrection was to save ALL mankind.

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

AMEN!

Who laid down His Life only for His Sheep

Yup. But he rose again for the whole world:

Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

AMEN!

The Christ who was only commissioned to Give Eternal Life to Gods chosen

False.

Christ came to save the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

But His DBR was the means by which He provided the opportunity to live with Him forever, to the whole world

Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they[the elect given Him of the Father] might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

AMEN! But it doesn't say what you want it to say.

Why?

Because Jesus is talking only about the 12 disciples.

The "they" in that verse is talking about them, not "the elect."

Man naturally wont come to this Jesus Christ

But man CAN come after being called. Would you please acknowledge that fact?

Jn 5:40

“And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Ripping verses out of context again.

Jesus is speaking to specific individuals, who WILL not come to Him (which tells us that they have a choice in the matter).

By nature we are at enmity against this Christ

Not what the verse below says.

Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

It doesn't say "is AT enmity."

It ALSO does not say that the natural man cannot recognize that he is acting against God.

beloved57

And yet, no one here has said otherwise.

False. That's just how God created man. It has nothing to do with election.

AMEN!

Agreed!

Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost (Luke 19:10), ie, the lost sheep of the House of Israel (Matthew 10:5-6, 15:24). That's what He was sent to earth for, and BECAME a man for.

He tells us that Himself.

He did not come for Gentiles, as can be seen by unwillingness to interact with the Gentiles until after being shown their faith.

The mystery was that Christ's death and resurrection was to save ALL mankind.

AMEN!

Yup. But he rose again for the whole world:

AMEN!

False.

Christ came to save the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

But His DBR was the means by which He provided the opportunity to live with Him forever, to the whole world

AMEN! But it doesn't say what you want it to say.

Why?

Because Jesus is talking only about the 12 disciples.

The "they" in that verse is talking about them, not "the elect."

But man CAN come after being called. Would you please acknowledge that fact?

Ripping verses out of context again.

Jesus is speaking to specific individuals, who WILL not come to Him (which tells us that they have a choice in the matter).

Not what the verse below says.

It doesn't say "is AT enmity."

It ALSO does not say that the natural man cannot recognize that he is acting against God.
Nothing false about God being the God of Election ! Thats seen by His Sovereign Choice of Israel. The bible is full of Gods Election. The True God is the God of Election and Discriminate Love and Mercy Rom 9:13-15

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Man naturally rejects this God of Election of a particular people to save by His Grace and Mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.