NT use of OT scripture

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't say it was dumbo.
Thanks "sister"
The NT applies that to Christ, as it does the seed of Abraham.
Christ is superior to Moses, superior to the law, and superior to Israel.
It is through Christ that believers of all nations (including Israel) will be united as the sons of God by circumcision of the heart, not circumcision of flesh.
The new COVENANT is not the NT.

Your argument is against scripture.

marke

And this last part is so important. It's being humble and submitting to the Apostle here, in understanding exactly what passages in Hosea really means, and meant. The Apostles including Paul are the authorities for the Church in matters of Old Testament interpretation.

A Nonpauline example is the part of Isaiah that talks about the "virgin" who will become pregnant. In the centuries since the Jewish position on the interpretation of this offered in the Gospels is incorrect, they maintain that the proper understanding of the verse is merely a 'young woman' who isn't necessarily virginal, but we believe the Apostles, who told us, "This was about Mary, and she Mary is virginal." (Thereby fulfilling a much more limited and 'precise' prophecy just by the way.)
Christians who believe and understand the Bible know Jesus was born of a virgin. Nominal Christians who don't know and understand the Bible, who rewrite the Bible, or who love corrupted versions of the Bible over accurate translations, do not please God and many of those who do not please God are likely not real Christians in God's eyes.

marke

The scripture is CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS that the NEW covenant is with the same two parties as the OLD covenant.

Jer 31:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The "house of Israel" is NOT "all nations". It is ONE nation.

Verse 32 also makes it crystal clear who that ONE nation is..... ISRAEL was the nation who's fathers God brought out of Egypt.
The prophecy of Jer. 31 will be fulfilled in the coming thousand-year reign of Jesus.

Hoping

Banned
The prophecy of Jer. 31 will be fulfilled in the coming thousand-year reign of Jesus.
It has already been fulfilled by the perfect, final, sacrifice of the OT, OC, on the cross.
No more priesthood, no more atonements, no more dietary rules, no more feast keeping, no more circumcision, etc.

marke

It has already been fulfilled by the perfect, final, sacrifice of the OT, OC, on the cross.
No more priesthood, no more atonements, no more dietary rules, no more feast keeping, no more circumcision, etc.
No, this prophecy has not yet been fulfilled.

Hosea 3
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:

5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.

Hoping

Banned
No, this prophecy has not yet been fulfilled.

Hosea 3
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:

5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.
The fact that some refused to accept the King of kings and Lord of lords at the time Jesus freed them, doesn't make the NT/NC moot.
The converted Jews and Gentiles have their King, Prince, sacrifice, etc.

glorydaz

His kingdom is not divided.

Christ is not divided.
Oh, so you don't believe there is a heavenly kingdom and an earthly kingdom?
One is on earth and one is in heaven. Heavenly throne with earth as His footstool.
You've heard of that, right?

Isaiah 66:1
Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

For instance, members of the body of Christ are seated with HIM in heavenly places.
And, Christ will sit on David's throne here on earth.
That is not a divided Kingdom. It's a Kingdom on earth within the Kingdom of God.

Your use of scripture is wrested from it's place to prove something that doesn't even apply.

Mark 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come (Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven)

Sounds like kingdom's coming from heaven to earth.

Hoping

Banned
Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come (Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven)

Sounds like kingdom's coming from heaven to earth.
Like other prayers by Jesus, that one has been answered already.
The kingdom in in my heart, according to Jesus in Luke 17:20-21..."And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

I believe what the Son of God stated.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Like other prayers by Jesus, that one has been answered already.
The kingdom in in my heart, according to Jesus in Luke 17:20-21..."And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

I believe what the Son of God stated.
" After this manner therefore pray ye: 'Our Father . . .' "

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heavenly throne with earth as His footstool.
That's not two kingdoms, it's one ruled by one.
He's not divided with His butt ruling in heaven and His feet ruling on earth, His whole body rules them corporately because He is not divided and neither is His kingdom.

Your use of scripture is wrested from it's place to prove something that doesn't even apply.

Mark 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
Which means a kingdom cannot be divided and stand.