"One America News Network" might be wiped out by Dominion lawsuit

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Then why is the left freaking out over Elon Musk buying Twitter?

I don't think they are. I think that's mostly a fever dream on the right, they feed off any chance the left might be freaking out about anything. 😂

The #1 most important issue when it comes to who owns media companies is their opinion of the subject of Censorship. Elon is going to fire all those liberal moderators who have orgasms every time some conservative gets banned.

I don't care if Elon Musk is a flaming communist as long as he is even-handed when it comes to banning people.

Oh, you mean you're hoping Musk will be the big billionaire cancel genie?

How does that work, exactly? In the same sentence, you cry about conservatives being banned (never mind if they broke the site rules) and then you're rooting for Musk to ban the moderators (for enforcing the site rules).

Let's face it, Jefferson, you're an authoritarian who wants to rule the world according to your rules.

You'd definitely care if he was Musk was a communist if he didn't end up being as "even handed" as you expect him to be...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I don't think they are. I think that's mostly a fever dream on the right, they feed off any chance the left might be freaking out about anything. 😂

https://youtu.be/IR7NKdh7lIQ
https://youtu.be/zVyieUM8F-0

No, I'm hoping Musk will be the big even-handed cancel genie.

How does that work, exactly? In the same sentence, you cry about conservatives being banned (never mind if they broke the site rules) and then you're rooting for Musk to ban the moderators (for enforcing the site rules).
I'm rooting for Musk to ban the moderators who enforce the rules only on people they disagree with politically. That's not being even-handed.

Let's face it, Jefferson, you're an authoritarian who wants to rule the world according to your rules.
Everybody does.

You'd definitely care if he was Musk was a communist if he didn't end up being as "even handed" as you expect him to be...
I'd care more about him not being even-handed.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
https://youtu.be/IR7NKdh7lIQ
https://youtu.be/zVyieUM8F-0

No, I'm hoping Musk will be the big even-handed cancel genie.

I'm rooting for Musk to ban the moderators who enforce the rules only on people they disagree with politically.

Everybody does.

I'd care more about him not being even-handed.

You don't actually think I'm gonna look at all those videos, do you?

An FYI if you haven't seen me say it before, with few exceptions, I don't watch political youtube videos, particularly those with talking heads.

I don't care who the heads belong to.

I might watch the music video though.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You don't actually think I'm gonna look at all those videos, do you?
I posted those multiple sources to prove to you the left is freaking out over Musk buying Twitter. I didn't expect you to watch them all.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I posted those multiple sources to prove to you the left is freaking out over Musk buying Twitter. I didn't expect you to watch them all.

And these right-wing talking heads have managed enough of a sampling of "the left" to encompass all of "the left" for you? Because I read at sites you would consider "the left" and they're not even talking about Musk. He's not even on their radar at the moment.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You HAVE to watch this one Anna.

Okay, I made an exception just this once, Jefferson. Mostly because it was under 4 minutes. Have to admit I got a chuckle out of their reaction to the guy from Portland. That's a lot, coming from me, I don't like comedy youtube any more than I like political youtube. But it does, in a funny way, illustrate a theory of cultural psychology which I've brought up here before. When two warring tribes are confronted by a threat that's bigger than both of them/outside both of them, they'll unite against the common threat. Not that Portland's a threat, but you get the idea. As much as the red/blue divide seems insurmountable (I believe this probably as much as you do), I've always held that an outsized threat (say, China v. North America) would manage to unite the country in a way that seems all but impossible right now.

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
As much as the red/blue divide seems insurmountable (I believe this probably as much as you do),
Yep. The reason is because the 2 sides used to see each other as incorrect. Today they see the other side as morally evil. I know I do. I always tell people one of the main reasons why I'm a conservative is because I'm not a thief. I also tell them I think most leftists just want their own slaves (by extracting as much money as possible from people who make more money than they do). That's evil.
I've always held that an outsized threat (say, China v. North America) would manage to unite the country in a way that seems all but impossible right now.
True, but it would only be temporary.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yep. The reason is because the 2 sides used to see each other as incorrect. Today they see the other side as morally evil. I know I do. I always tell people one of the main reasons why I'm a conservative is because I'm not a thief. I also tell them I think most leftists just want their own slaves (by extracting as much money as possible from people who make more money than they do). That's evil.

True, but it would only be temporary.

That's interesting, Jefferson. I agree in general with your first couple of sentences, even though I wouldn't go so far as you might in assigning evil. I don't see evil in everyone on the other side. Some people are evil, to be sure. But others are unaware or uninformed. They just don't know, or don't think about what's beyond their own personal daily horizon. Others are deluded. Brainwashed, even. Some are willfully ignorant, or intentionally deceitful. Some want religious power, no matter the cost to others. So many possibilities that don't necessarily qualify as evil in the sense that you're all a bunch of little Hitlers. Some of you are, though. And I think your side goes out of your way to be unlikeable, just because you can. (Universal "you," not you personally.)

It does make it easier for you to marginalize people when you see them as evil, though. I wonder if you realize that.

Interesting that you think it's even possible that rich people even have the capacity to be slaves. That takes away from what slavery actually is. I'd say that you're part of the system when you participate in a society that taxes anyone at all. If you see taxation as slavery, then when you partake of the infrastructure that tax money paid for - then you're a thief too, but I don't agree with your idea of rich people being enslaved by "leftists," so looks like you're off the hook. But there's something wrong with the system when the rich pay less taxes than the middle class.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

It seems to be quite a common thing with the far right. They like to imagine anyone left to them (which could still be those on the right, just not to the extreme) as 'freaking out' over any given thing that they themselves are that bothered about. It's yet another irony.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It seems to be quite a common thing with the far right. They like to imagine anyone left to them (which could still be those on the right, just not to the extreme) as 'freaking out' over any given thing that they themselves are that bothered about. It's yet another irony.

Very common. Getting all giddy about the whole liberal tears thing. And yeah, anyone to the left of them could still be on the right. 😐

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
That's interesting, Jefferson. I agree in general with your first couple of sentences, even though I wouldn't go so far as you might in assigning evil. I don't see evil in everyone on the other side. Some people are evil, to be sure. But others are unaware or uninformed. They just don't know, or don't think about what's beyond their own personal daily horizon. Others are deluded. Brainwashed, even.

I'd agree with that.

Some are willfully ignorant, or intentionally deceitful.

Those are the types I was mainly referring to. There is also people who are self-deluded. How many times have you asked a friend, "Why do you do that?" and they reply, "I don't know." Yes they do know. The answer may be deep in their subconscious but if they allow themselves to think about it long and hard enough they are capable of telling you the answer.

Some want religious power, no matter the cost to others.

And some want political power, no matter the cost to others.

So many possibilities that don't necessarily qualify as evil in the sense that you're all a bunch of little Hitlers. Some of you are, though. And I think your side goes out of your way to be unlikeable, just because you can. (Universal "you," not you personally.)

Yes, Antifa is so likeable.

It does make it easier for you to marginalize people when you see them as evil, though. I wonder if you realize that.

Like Hillary calling conservatives "deplorables"?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'd agree with that.

So you'd say the "other side" (that would be "the left" to you) isn't completely made up of morally evil people?

Those are the types I was mainly referring to. There is also people who are self-deluded. How many times have you asked a friend, "Why do you do that?" and they reply, "I don't know." Yes they do know. The answer may be deep in their subconscious but if they allow themselves to think about it long and hard enough they are capable of telling you the answer.

But you see, Jefferson, I see you as being self-deluded when it comes to QAnon and the 2020 election results. Willfully so.
Does that make you evil?

And some want political power, no matter the cost to others.

Trump comes to mind here. Ron DeSantis. Greg Abbott. The Federalist Society. Mitch McConnell. Rank and file MAGA.

Yes, Antifa is so likeable.

How many Democrats do you think belong to antifa?

How many Republicans are MAGA? Belong to any of the militias?

Like Hillary calling conservatives "deplorables"?

Definition of deplorable

1: deserving censure or contempt
// deplorable behavior:
:WRETCHED
//deplorable living conditions

2: LAMENTABLE
// a deplorable death

Deplorable isn't evil, so that's a false equivalency. She probably has as low of an opinion of your side as you do of her.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So you'd say the "other side" (that would be "the left" to you) isn't completely made up of morally evil people?

But you see, Jefferson, I see you as being self-deluded when it comes to QAnon and the 2020 election results. Willfully so.
Does that make you evil?

Trump comes to mind here. Ron DeSantis. Greg Abbott. The Federalist Society. Mitch McConnell. Rank and file MAGA.

How many Democrats do you think belong to antifa?

How many Republicans are MAGA? Belong to any of the militias?

Definition of deplorable

1: deserving censure or contempt
// deplorable behavior:
:WRETCHED
//deplorable living conditions

2: LAMENTABLE
// a deplorable death

Deplorable isn't evil, so that's a false equivalency. She probably has as low of an opinion of your side as you do of her.
I'm really curious how you justify hating on Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott. Besides the fact that the people who you rely on to tell you what to think have told you to.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Meh, their hatred and violent nature just motivates me to vote (AGAINST THEM).

This is in PA:

The Far-Right Christian Quest for Power

Three weeks before he won the Republican nomination for Pennsylvania governor, Doug Mastriano stood beside a three-foot-tall painted eagle statue and declared the power of God.

“Any free people in the house here? Did Jesus set you free?” he asked, revving up the dozens before him on a Saturday afternoon at a Gettysburg roadside hotel.

Mr. Mastriano, a state senator, retired Army colonel and prominent figure in former President Donald J. Trump’s futile efforts to overturn the state’s 2020 election results, was addressing a far-right conference that mixed Christian beliefs with conspiracy theories, called Patriots Arise. Instead of focusing on issues like taxes, gas prices or abortion policy, he wove a story about what he saw as the true Christian identity of the nation, and how it was time, together, for Christians to reclaim political power.

The separation of church and state was a “myth,” he said. “In November we are going to take our state back, my God will make it so.”

Mr. Mastriano’s ascension in Pennsylvania is perhaps the most prominent example of right-wing candidates for public office who explicitly aim to promote Christian power in America. The religious right has long supported conservative causes, but this current wave seeks more: a nation that actively prioritizes their particular set of Christian beliefs and far-right views and that more openly embraces Christianity as a bedrock identity.

Many dismiss the historic American principle of the separation of church and state. They say they do not advocate a theocracy, but argue for a foundational role for their faith in government. Their rise coincides with significant backing among like-minded grass-roots supporters, especially as some voters and politicians blend their Christian faith with election fraud conspiracy theories, QAnon ideology, gun rights and lingering anger over Covid-related restrictions.

Their presence reveals a fringe pushing into the mainstream.

“The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church,” Representative Lauren Boebert, a Republican representing the western part of Colorado, said recently at Cornerstone Christian Center, a church near Aspen. “I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk.” Congregants rose to their feet in applause.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Correct. About half of my closest relatives are deluded Democrats. I don't hate them, I feel sorry for them. There are way more instances of liberals disowning conservative family members than the other way around. We're the tolerant ones.