Paul agrees with Jesus

Jamie Gigliotti

1. On the necessity of love.

Jesus:
"He (Jesus) said to Him, "What is written in the law? How do you read it?"
And He answered, " You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself."
And He(Jesus) said to him, "You have answered correctly; do this and you will live."" Luke 10:26-28

Paul:
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love." Galatians 5:6
"...if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
"Owe no none nothing except to love each other for the one who loves each other has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8

2. On our need to repent(to turn to God and away from sin).

Jesus:
"....Jesus came into Galilee proclaiming the Gospel of God and saying, "The time has fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the Gospel." Mark 1:14-15
"No I tell you, but unless you repent you will all likewise perish." Luke 13:3

Paul:
"But declared... that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance." Acts 26:20

3. On our need of Jesus.

Jesus:
"Apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Paul:
"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Jesus might have asked him "why then are you yet not saved?" it is true that if any man love the Lord our God with all the heart, soul and strength and mind and if we love our neighbour as ourself" we will live.

But that man who asked the question had not yet attained to it, who ever did? truly...who ever does?

So we find that to obey Jesus is much, much more stringent that to obey Moses.

God hopes that when we are faced with such an unclimbable mountain we will realise our inability to perform and so be saved....we will cry then for God to be merciful and gracious and furnish us with faith and so be saved.

Jamie Gigliotti

Jesus might have asked him "why then are you yet not saved?" it is true that if any man love the Lord our God with all the heart, soul and strength and mind and if we love our neighbour as ourself" we will live.

But that man who asked the question had not yet attained to it, who ever did? truly...who ever does?

God hopes that when we are faced with such an unclimbable mountain we will realise our inability to perform and so be saved....we will cry then for God to be merciful and gracious and furnish us with faith and so be saved.
We have no power. But Jesus gives us all the power, love and light imaginable to shine brightly for Him in this present darkness. Taking a defeated position is what Satan wants us to do.

"And to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, THAT YOU MAY BE FILLED WITH ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, TO HIM BE THE GLORY IN THE CHURCH AND IN CHRIST JESUS throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:19-21

Filled with His love to the fullness of power that is beyond our comprehension, for His Glory through us and Jesus. Are you on board? To you understand what He can do in you, through, for His kingdom, His Glory?

Let's bring Glory to Him by His love, light and power in us! Amen?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you mean agrees with him? Paul is his apostle and he taught only that which was given to him from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jamie Gigliotti

What do you mean agrees with him? Paul is his apostle and he taught only that which was given to him from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

There are those on here that claim Paul taught a Gospel contrary to the teaching of Jesus. That is utterly false.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are those on here that claim Paul taught a Gospel contrary to the teaching of Jesus. That is utterly false.

Paul didn't teach what the Lord Jesus Christ taught Israel in his earthly ministry. Your statement is false for two reasons. What do you have to say about Paul's statement that nobody is preaching what he preached?

glorydaz

Paul didn't teach what the Lord Jesus Christ taught Israel in his earthly ministry. Your statement is false for two reasons. What do you have to say about Paul's statement that nobody is preaching what he preached?

Exactly. That's why so many people get confused and try to preach law and grace and can't get them to agree.

Ben Masada

There is one gospel and one way, and one truth, and one life through Jesus Christ.

Indeed Jamie! There is one gospel and one way, and one truth, and one life through the gospel of Jesus which was Judaism. That's more truthful that way than to say through Jesus. HaShem is not the God of the dead but of the living. Jesus has been dead for about 2000 years and there has never been a single eyewitness that he ever returned from the grave. Can you refute what I am saying? If you can, I am all ears.

Aimiel

There were more than a few witnesses to His resurrection. Over 500 saw Him ascend into Heaven. He is alive in millions of believers worldwide.

Ben Masada

Paul agrees with Jesus

I don't think so. Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to ABOLISH the Law." (Mat. 5:17-19) Then Paul said, Jesus came to abolish the Law on the cross. (Ephes. 2:15) Do you call this that Paul agreed with Jesus? Not in my vocabulary. Then, if you read Rom. 10:4, Paul continued and said that the Law ended in Jesus. If the dead could hear what's going on up here, Jesus' body would have turned in the grave. Then Paul continued and said, "With the changing of the Jewish Priesthood, a change in the Law too became necessary. (Heb. 7:12) Do you still think that Paul did not teach a gospel contrary to the teaching of Jesus? Hardly!

Ben Masada

Paul agrees with Jesus

There were more than a few witnesses to His resurrection. Over 500 saw Him ascend into Heaven. He is alive in millions of believers worldwide.

Please, read again my previous post and you will see that I did not ask for witnesses. Witnesses are of hear-say and I asked for an eyewitness. That's quite a difference. Care to try again? If I were you, I would not waste my time for there were no eyewitnesses to the resurrection of Jesus. What an embarrassment! Isn't it? You guys seem to be chasing after the Holy Grail.

Ben Masada

Paul agrees with Jesus

1 - What do you mean agrees with him? Paul is his apostle and he taught only that which was given to him from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

2 - But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1 - I thought Jesus had 12 apostles and not 13. Did the other apostles agree that Paul be the 13th? I am aware that Judas got lost but who elected Paul to replace Judas, Jesus? I don't get it! Without informing his other Apostles of what he had done, so that they did not select Matthias to replace Judas? (Acts 1:26) Can any one explain to me what was going on, because what I have is that Paul was lying and that Jesus did not select him for an apostle. If you are thinking that Paul was selected to be an apostle to the Gentiles and not to replace Judas, Peter said that he was the one for the Gentiles, not Paul. (Acts 15:7) Any one please can tell me what was going on? Wait a moment... did the Apostles agree to receive Paul as an apostle? Absolutely not! They said that Paul couldn't even be a disciple, let alone an apostle. (Acts 9:26) Well, I give up! I choose to admit that Paul was lying because the Apostles of Jesus had a much more serious relationship with Jesus than Paul who had never even seen him. Does any one else have a different opinion from mine? If any one does, I would like him or her to share it with me.

2 - Well, let me see if I still have what I think I do or have lost the rest of my mind. So, the gospel that Paul used to preach, he had not got from man. It means it was not from the Apostles of Jesus. (Gal. 2:17) Since the Apostles of Jesus preached the gospel of Jesus which was Judaism, Paul was preaching a different gospel of his own that he claimed to be directly from Jesus. What is this, did Jesus preach a different gospel to his Apostles and another to Paul who claimed that what he preached had been revealed to him directly by Jesus? Had Jesus become a Christian when he resurrected and never revealed the secret to his Apostles? Do you know something? I am gonna leave you all with the rest to provide to me because I have run out of what to say. Let me go please and good lucky to you all.

Ben Masada

Paul agrees with Jesus

Linnet, there is some thing in this post of yours above that I am having a hard time to understand. You say that "So we find that to obey Jesus is much, much more stringent than to obey 'Moses'" What is tickling me from theis post is that Jesus himself implied that the only way to escape hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:31) It means that Jesus obeyed "Moses" and you say that's much more stringent to obey Jesus and not "Moses". Aren't you being a little redundant here? What's the difference between obeying Jesus or "Moses" if Jesus obeyed "Moses?"

Jamie Gigliotti

They both taught the same 3 first order theological truths of the good news through Jesus of God's kingdom. Which I showed clearly through what they said.

Jamie Gigliotti

Exactly. That's why so many people get confused and try to preach law and grace and can't get them to agree.

Paul did a perfectly good job of explaining the way through submission to Jesus and the Holy Spirit, which is demonstrated by the love of Christ in us, i.e. the 'fruit of the Spirit'. Sadly people have Grace distorted into a license to sin.

Jamie Gigliotti

Indeed Jamie! There is one gospel and one way, and one truth, and one life through the gospel of Jesus which was Judaism. That's more truthful that way than to say through Jesus. HaShem is not the God of the dead but of the living. Jesus has been dead for about 2000 years and there has never been a single eyewitness that he ever returned from the grave. Can you refute what I am saying? If you can, I am all ears.

"He presented himself alive to them after His suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God." Acts 1:3

His disciples were scared to death before they saw the risen Jesus and empowered by the Holy Spirit and the truth of life through Jesus to suffer horrendous deaths all to maintain the integrity of what they witnessed.

Ben I've known the commandments most of my life, they brought me nothing but guilt and shame. It is Jesus and the love of my Father, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit inside of me that moves me to love God and my neighbors. The law can not do that on its own.

Interplanner

The most interesting comment Paul made about the visible resurrected Christ was that he recalled sightings where hundreds saw him. That would have been back when Paul was vigorously trying to stop the movement. Why would he oppose something that rested entirely on delusion or mass hallucination? I'm far more inclined to believe him at that stage in his life than later when he is preaching for the movement.

Jamie Gigliotti

I don't think so. Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to ABOLISH the Law." (Mat. 5:17-19) Then Paul said, Jesus came to abolish the Law on the cross. (Ephes. 2:15) Do you call this that Paul agreed with Jesus? Not in my vocabulary. Then, if you read Rom. 10:4, Paul continued and said that the Law ended in Jesus. If the dead could hear what's going on up here, Jesus' body would have turned in the grave. Then Paul continued and said, "With the changing of the Jewish Priesthood, a change in the Law too became necessary. (Heb. 7:12) Do you still think that Paul did not teach a gospel contrary to the teaching of Jesus? Hardly!

You have not argued against my three main points of their agreement. Because you know there is total agreement there.

Paul is misunderstood.
"For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. .... For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but it by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." Romans 8:3-4, 13.

"Owe no one anything except to love each other, for the one who loves has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8

Jamie Gigliotti

The most interesting comment Paul made about the visible resurrected Christ was that he recalled sightings where hundreds saw him. That would have been back when Paul was vigorously trying to stop the movement. Why would he oppose something that rested entirely on delusion or mass hallucination? I'm far more inclined to believe him at that stage in his life than later when he is preaching for the movement.

Ben's disgust for Paul was the same disgust Paul had for the disciples before Jesus stepped in personally and Paul experienced Jesus firsthand. Praying Jesus does the same for Ben.